June internationals (WC qualifiers and Nations League)

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Good game this, I know Southgate deservedly gets stick from England fans but he made the right subs, still miss historical Germany strikers though, don’t they produce quality players in that position on their Academies?
No its been a huge problem for us since Klose retired.

Our hopes rely on Dortmunds Moukoko. He's still only 17 but he scored 5 goals in the first 4 games for the German under 21 team.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Some of England's worst performances were in a back 3. A back 5 with players like Dier, Mount, Phillips and Rice is just awful.
To be fair to Dier he has had a superb season for Spurs playing in the centre of a back three. No idea why Southgate isn't picking him for the squad.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
To be fair to Dier he has had a superb season for Spurs playing in the centre of a back three. No idea why Southgate isn't picking him for the squad.
So has Mount for Chelsea. He still looks underwhelming for England. There at least 4 CBs I'd pick before Dier.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Our hopes rely on Dortmunds Moukoko. He's still only 17 but he scored 5 goals in the first 4 games for the German under 21 team.
It puzzles me really, even feckless Portugal can produce interesting players for that role at all levels, for me watching Germany without liberos and strikers in the box is like watching Italy without great Center Backs, makes no sense, still get the libero stuff being labelled outdated with zonal marking and all that, but Germany without strikers has nothing modern for me, too much possession football and false 9 stuff for my football taste, they need to change that at youth level immediately.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
So has Mount for Chelsea. He still looks underwhelming for England. There at least 4 CBs I'd pick before Dier.
In a back two I agree, better options. As the central point of a back three though he has done well under Conte.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Southgate has his favourites and continuously picks them. Grealish usually plays well for England when he gets subbed on. He should be starting games for sure.
Not only does he pick his favourites each time but his tactics are always muddled because he straight up stole them from Conte and therefore doesn’t actually provide the team with any noteworthy information to be successful because he hasn’t got anything besides where they play in the pitch.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not only does he pick his favourites each time but his tactics are always muddled because he straight up stole them from Conte and therefore doesn’t actually provide the team with any noteworthy information to be successful because he hasn’t got anything besides where they play in the pitch.
3 at the back is not Conte invented system, he copied from Mazzarri, who probably copied from someone else.

England didn't even play 3 at the back.

This "he copied tactics from x manager" is just silly.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, looks like everyone wants to put the player from their clubs as some sort of best option.

Southgate won't drop his key players, especially not for Dier.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Damn another internet Ronaldinho. My bad dude had I known you were that good at footy I would never have dared to question your incredibly wrong opinion.

Easy to claim who’s better than who between two complete strangers on the internet. You’re just retorting to sillyness now because you don’t have an argument bud. Cya.
I think I'll take a professional footballer opinion on the matter over yours any day of the week thanks.

Just so happens that they agree with what I said at the time.

Silliness indeed! :lol:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Saw the replay of the penalty, how was that a clear and obvious error that it had to be overturned through VAR? Horrible decision and what makes it worse is I remember the same happened to Kimmich earlier in the match outside the box that led to an England shot (Saka) and the referee didn't give a foul then. It seems when you go into the box every touch will get you a penalty.

Overall, wasn't too pleased with the performance. England did enough to score once, though I think Germany should have scored twice with the chances we had. But this is three 1-1's against decent opposition where we didn't dominate in either, that includes one matcha against Italy C.

I had my doubts before but now I'm sure Havertz is never going to reach Ozil levels. He's way to clumsy on the ball under pressure and his decision making isn't great when in the box, I can only hope Wirtz's levels don't drop after his injury because he is destined for the top in my opinion. Difficult to judge where we are in regards to international football right now, mainly because there aren't any teams you can say for sure the best in the world. Brazil seem to be the most consistent right now with Argentina, but I don't see any European teams being consistently great, far cry from the late 2000's and early 2010's when Germany and Spain were far ahead of the rest.

Musiala I thought was disappointing as well, still young so hopefully he can improve as he also gets flustered when close to the box and slows down. That's one thing that I think really separates our 2009 batch (Ozil, Khedira, Muller etc) from the current group of youngsters. Those guys seemed mature even from such a young age that you could depend on them to make the right decisions under pressure, can't say the same of the current players. Hell, even Sane who is 26 now has horrible decision making at times.

One thing I liked was the defense in the match, Schloterbeck, Rudiger, Klostermann and Raum were great when playing the 3-6-1. As soon as we went four at the back England started to get more joy on the wings.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm all for using a stop clock, but wasting time will still make sense, even if only to break momentum or take a breather after some intense pressing. But it'll be far easier to stomach with the clock stopped.
Yeah fair enough. They're also doing other new rules like a kick in instead of throw in and being allowed to dribble a free kick or pass it to yourself. I bet Robben is sad they didn't implement it earlier. He would have never had to pass the ball again.

big rons sovereign

I think I'll take a professional footballer opinion on the matter over yours any day of the week thanks.

Just so happens that they agree with what I said at the time.

Silliness indeed! :lol:
Who, Michael Owens opinion? I'd trust mine over his.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I only would agree with the stop clock measure if they keep the time same as before, 45 minutes.
The more football I get to watch the better.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Musiala isn't all that in my opinion though I could obviously be proven wrong.
They have a solid team but it's just that, solid.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think we have one of the weakest teams in years. Major problem since Klose retired, we don't have a solid striker anymore. Werner is a fecking meme at this point.
Werner is terrible man to have upfront ( he is hardworking so is useful at times but his weaknesses are apparent)

I haven't been really impressed with Germany's player output since that golden gen of 2010 world cup which is strange, I'd expect you guys to do better then that.

Still I think this team will have a respectable finish in this year's world cup.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think we have one of the weakest teams in years. Major problem since Klose retired, we don't have a solid striker anymore. Werner is a fecking meme at this point.
I think Die Mannschaft has turned the corner. Compared to the previous four years the central defense is looking okay again with Rüdiger, Süle and Schlotterbeck. The right defensive side is still a question mark, but on the left it looks like there are two decent options with Raum and Gosens. Central midfield still has Kimmich, Goretzka and Gündogan. Upfront Havertz is looking like he could actually be(come) a serious option at #9.
It looks to me like the blueprint is there, it's just a queston of the young players maturing a bit more and Gnabry/Sane finding their form again.

NoLogo

I think Die Mannschaft has turned the corner. Compared to the previous four years the central defense is looking okay again with Rüdiger, Süle and Schlotterbeck. The right defensive side is still a question mark, but on the left it looks like there are two decent options with Raum and Gosens. Central midfield still has Kimmich, Goretzka and Gündogan. Upfront Havertz is looking like he could actually be(come) a serious option at #9.
It looks to me like the blueprint is there, it's just a queston of the young players maturing a bit more and Gnabry/Sane finding their form again.
I think the biggest weakness of this team is really the attacking options. They are all decent or good options, but it feels like we are missing some top class talent other nations have in attack, but you are of course right it looks better now than in the later days under Löw, which were just tragic.

Champ

Who, Michael Owens opinion? I'd trust mine over his.
:lol:

Jordan Nobbs it was.

And I think Joe Cole backed her up whilst putting in a caveat that Maguire maybe could have been a bit stronger, but was left massively exposed.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I would not take these games too seriously… just end-of-season fillers and the players need a rest. Of course, Italy is more motivated because we are at ground zero again and any minion needs to impress Mancini.

big rons sovereign

Jordan Nobbs it was.

And I think Joe Cole backed her up whilst putting in a caveat that Maguire maybe could have been a bit stronger, but was left massively exposed.
Must've been everybody else's fault when he went running off countless times last season too.
Joe Cole, the legendary defender.

Champ

Must've been everybody else's fault when he went running off countless times last season too.
Joe Cole, the legendary defender.
:houllier:
Joe Cole, that ex professional footballer and current professional coach with 56 international caps?
Jordan Nobbs, the current professional footballer with 67 international caps?

They are both still involved in the sport in professional terms, I think I'd take their opinion over that of an internet forum, I'd even take them over those of your average pundits, at least they are still involved in the sport.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What about professional player Rafael van der Vaart? Over 100 caps for Holland, this means he basically can't ever be wrong.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
What about professional player Rafael van der Vaart? Over 100 caps for Holland, this means he basically can't ever be wrong.

It's poorly translated and taken out of context.

He said that if he visited all the amateur games on a Sunday afternoon in Holland, he could find 3 players that can do what he does on the ball.
He also clarified that it's obvious what Maguire does bring to a team. He's big and strong.

He's probably not wrong, given that it's Holland. I'm sure there's CBs with more ability on the ball in the highest amateur division (there's only two professional divisions) that also probably cannot defend or are too small.

You could say the same about Smalling. It sounds outrageous and he purposefully phrased it for that shock effect, but it's probably technically true.

big rons sovereign

:houllier:
Joe Cole, that ex professional footballer and current professional coach with 56 international caps?
Jordan Nobbs, the current professional footballer with 67 international caps?

They are both still involved in the sport in professional terms, I think I'd take their opinion over that of an internet forum, I'd even take them over those of your average pundits, at least they are still involved in the sport.
This is like dealing with Amadeus.
Are you Amadeus?

Champ

This is like dealing with Amadeus.
Are you Amadeus?
What the hell are you on about, I'm not talking about Poch!

I'm discussing a solitary moment which another poster thought was Maguire's fault, I then responded saying it clearly wasn't and that two other players were massively out of position.
The poster disagreed and disputed my knowledge of the beautiful game, to which I responded stating that two professional players who were speaking on TV at half time both reciprocated what I put near word for word.

Then you got involved for whatever reason and started posting nonsense!

Champ

I think it's well know that VDV has an agenda against Maguire, and has done for at least three years.

It's almost a joke in the media at this point.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

I was hoping Hansi would give Nmecha some minutes up front. Everyone else has proven they can't do it, so why not give him the chance as well

RopersReturn

There’s no way on for earth that Mount is a superior player to Grealish, but in Southgates world anything’s possible..!

youmeletsfly

I think it's well know that VDV has an agenda against Maguire, and has done for at least three years.

One question, if Eric Bailly would've had the season Maguire just had and if he wouldn't have been an 80 mil player, do you think he wouldn't be sold this summer?

I think people fail to realize the guy had 4-5 games in a row where he made a mistake for at least one goal and he was still the one shouting at everyone on the pitch. Most of you are defending him because he's British. If he would've been someone else, he'd be out the door like a mad fly.

Champ

One question, if Eric Bailly would've had the season Maguire just had and if he wouldn't have been an 80 mil player, do you think he wouldn't be sold this summer?

I think people fail to realize the guy had 4-5 games in a row where he made a mistake for at least one goal and he was still the one shouting at everyone on the pitch. Most of you are defending him because he's British. If he would've been someone else, he'd be out the door like a mad fly.
If Bailly had just had a full season where he played nearly every game I'd be amazed!

You've said it there, he had 4/5 games where he wasn't brilliant and did make mistakes, the other games he actually played alright and was better than those around him. 5 games out of how many?

I defend him because people only see what they want to see, the level of ire he gets is insane and disproportionate for his actual output.

big rons sovereign

What the hell are you on about, I'm not talking about Poch!

I'm discussing a solitary moment which another poster thought was Maguire's fault, I then responded saying it clearly wasn't and that two other players were massively out of position.
The poster disagreed and disputed my knowledge of the beautiful game, to which I responded stating that two professional players who were speaking on TV at half time both reciprocated what I put near word for word.

Then you got involved for whatever reason and started posting nonsense!

big rons sovereign

If Bailly had just had a full season where he played nearly every game I'd be amazed!

You've said it there, he had 4/5 games where he wasn't brilliant and did make mistakes, the other games he actually played alright and was better than those around him. 5 games out of how many?

I defend him because people only see what they want to see, the level of ire he gets is insane and disproportionate for his actual output.
He was shit in pretty much every game he played last season mate.
I'll give you a couple off the top of my head...

Newcastle, their equaliser. Who was it went flying into midfield for no reason leaving us wide open?

Watford away.
Who got himself sent off with a display of unfathomable brainlessness?

Leicester away
Who was at fault for Leicester's equaliser and at least 1 more of their goals?

Liverpool at home.
He definitely had his bright yellow wig and clown shoes on that day.

Liverpool away.
That pass to Mejbri. I mean, holy shit :lol:

Thats just a few. There's so many more from all across the season.

Then, last night, he went screaming out of defence not once, but twice and conceded both times.
but it's everybody else's fault.....

I'm all for support, but sometimes you just have to accept that he's just not very good.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

He just has an agenda against players with shite technique. Nothing personal against Jerry. I mean Harry.