June internationals (WC qualifiers and Nations League)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think it's well know that VDV has an agenda against Maguire, and has done for at least three years.

It's almost a joke in the media at this point.
How many caps do you have then, that you're in a position to judge the opinion of a professional footballer like that?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
How many caps do you have then, that you're in a position to judge the opinion of a professional footballer like that?
Yet again, I will reiterate how this started for anyone else that wants to jump in half way through and move the goalposts.

England gave away a chance last night, to which people on here blamed Maguire, despite it not really being his fault.
Two other England defenders were completely out of position.
Cue people jumping on here and blaming it on Maguire. Cue me then stating Trippier and Stones were at fault for being out of position, to which people couldn't wrap their heads around Maguire not really being the issue.

My viewpoint was then backed up at half time by a current international professional football player, who repeated near word for word what I said which didn't go down well with those with a differing viewpoint.

Cue people not understanding what this was all about and jumping in half baked because they are triggered for whatever reason.

Fecking bizarre sometimes in here and I'm done explaining this to people. :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think the biggest weakness of this team is really the attacking options. They are all decent or good options, but it feels like we are missing some top class talent other nations have in attack, but you are of course right it looks better now than in the later days under Löw, which were just tragic.
A superstar attacker that decides game with sheer individuality is definitely missing. But having someone like that for me isn't the difference between can and can't win it, but rather between a good team and tournament favourites.

Italy for example won the last Euros with a front three of Chiesa, Immobile, Insigne. England made it to the final by playing like Bielefeld. And people seem to forget that Löw's WC winning team started the tournament with Höwedes and Mustafi as FBs and didn't really have a star attacker either. I think in general the bar is pretty low at international competitions. Most of the time you need to win only two or three big games to get the trophy and having cohesion and luck in the right moments wins games far more often than being a dominating force with a CL level team.

RedDevilRoshi

What about professional player Rafael van der Vaart? Over 100 caps for Holland, this means he basically can't ever be wrong.

That’s like asking Graeme Sourness what he thinks of Paul Pogba. You know the answer you are going to get.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
A superstar attacker that decides game with sheer individuality is definitely missing. But having someone like that for me isn't the difference between can and can't win it, but rather between a good team and tournament favourites.

Italy for example won the last Euros with a front three of Chiesa, Immobile, Insigne. England made it to the final by playing like Bielefeld. And people seem to forget that Löw's WC winning team started the tournament with Höwedes and Mustafi as FBs and didn't really have a star attacker either. I think in general the bar is pretty low at international competitions. Most of the time you need to win only two or three big games to get the trophy and having cohesion and luck in the right moments wins games far more often than being a dominating force with a CL level team.
Sounds like you're giving us a chance for the world cup :angel:

Paul_Scholes18

Netherlands with B-team as well. Does anyone care if they are winning this nations league trophy or not?

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral

Germany had a great individual quality in 2014
As a neutral spectator, I'd take Muller,Kroos,Reus,Lahm,Khedira,Schweinsteiger, Neuer,Klose, and Boateng over what Argentina had in the same position in 2014...anyday.

Individual quality should never be underestimated, not even for international football, because unless it's a fluke win like Greece 2004 or Portugal 2016, most of the times teams with quality win trophies.

Germany still has quality now, but its less than what they had in 2010-2014.

Gandalf

Netherlands with B-team as well. Does anyone care if they are winning this nations league trophy or not?
Not really. Still just glorified friendlies at the end of the day. From a Welsh perspective, once the Ukraine game got shifted to June there was absolutely no chance of us taking the NL seriously with a schedule of 5 games in 14 days off the back of a long season. The most winnable game we had in this group stage was against Poland and we played a full second XI to keep everyone fresh for Sunday and now that the WC qualification is sealed everyone is ready to go on holiday. I think the unbeaten run in Cardiff ends with a bang tonight, could see it being a 6 or 7 goal rout and we won't even care.

Paul_Scholes18

Not really. Still just glorified friendlies at the end of the day. From a Welsh perspective, once the Ukraine game got shifted to June there was absolutely no chance of us taking the NL seriously with a schedule of 5 games in 14 days off the back of a long season. The most winnable game we had in this group stage was against Poland and we played a full second XI to keep everyone fresh for Sunday and now that the WC qualification is sealed everyone is ready to go on holiday. I think the unbeaten run in Cardiff ends with a bang tonight, could see it being a 6 or 7 goal rout and we won't even care.
Yeah true. I expected Wales to rest Bale etc for this one. Had hoped for a stronger Netherlands side since I did put a bet on them. Should have waited for lineups.
I was worried the odds would drop more if Wales played a weak squad.

Betting on this nations league is a nightmare. Got lucky yesterday with the Germany vs England draw.

Expecting a draw now from Netherlands vs Wales.

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
What about professional player Rafael van der Vaart? Over 100 caps for Holland, this means he basically can't ever be wrong.

Even you know how silly of an opinion that is. You'd have to be a real clown to think Maguire is genuinely Sunday league level.

RopersReturn

We had a strong chance of selling Eric Bailly to a number of clubs last season. Olympic Marseille & Lyon were looking to spend up to £20m on securing him, before the sale was vetoed by the board.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Yet again, I will reiterate how this started for anyone else that wants to jump in half way through and move the goalposts.

England gave away a chance last night, to which people on here blamed Maguire, despite it not really being his fault.
Two other England defenders were completely out of position.
Cue people jumping on here and blaming it on Maguire. Cue me then stating Trippier and Stones were at fault for being out of position, to which people couldn't wrap their heads around Maguire not really being the issue.

My viewpoint was then backed up at half time by a current international professional football player, who repeated near word for word what I said which didn't go down well with those with a differing viewpoint.

Cue people not understanding what this was all about and jumping in half baked because they are triggered for whatever reason.

Fecking bizarre sometimes in here and I'm done explaining this to people. :lol:
Trippier shouldn’t be in the squad. Southgate should trust his 2 young RBs who had better seasons. Walker being in as a RCB is whatever, both he and Reece can fill that slot.

It’s not even about Chilwell missing half a season because Southgate started Trippier at LB over him. It’s time Gareth stops fecking around and play a natural LB for the good of the team, it’s shape and it’s balance.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Trippier shouldn’t be in the squad. Southgate should trust his 2 young RBs who had better seasons. Walker being in as a RCB is whatever, both he and Reece can fill that slot.

It’s not even about Chilwell missing half a season because Southgate started Trippier at LB over him. It’s time Gareth stops fecking around and play a natural LB for the good of the team, it’s shape and it’s balance.
Yup, you definitely have a point.

Playing Trippier at LB just slows any progress up the pitch on that side as he has to cut inside every time.

England fans must surely be frustrated with it?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Gakpo, Malacia and De Vrij are first team material. De Ligt being tested at LCB is interesting. Debuts for Schouten and Teze.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Gakpo can be so erratic.

De Ligt playing very well so far.

Paul_Scholes18

LVG philosophy getting in place. Pointless passing it around. Netherlands will not score with this team.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Wish I'd just bet unders on every game in this shit friendly tournament so far
Yeah, nobody gives a feck. Least of all the three teams playing today who've had World Cup qualifiers this window.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ah you're also playing the B team? Only Welsh player I know is Bale
Yeah, we had the World Cup playoff three days ago, which is obviously the only game in this round of fixtures that was ever going to matter.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah, we had the World Cup playoff three days ago, which is obviously the only game in this round of fixtures that was ever going to matter.
Ah of course. Can Imagine all your focus is gone then.