June internationals (WC qualifiers and Nations League)

Wezzaldo

Does anyone know what channels this is on? Apologies if I’ve missed it somewhere.

NoPace

Is Hazard being selected for Belgium purely based on reputation?
I mean yeah, but also they're playing Vanaken over Trossard on the opposite wing so I'm not sure it's a bad idea to hope he can be effective at the World Cup.

Some lineup choices in this game are kind of annoying, like why are the Dutch starting Klaasen over Koopmeiners in a midfield 2, or the Belgians using Vanaken over Carrasco in an attacking role or De Bruyne further upfield with Tielemans in.

Friendlies like this should be for letting us see guys like De Kaetalare play against big players, even if the level of play isn't as high.

NoPace

De Jong playing alone in front of a back 3 with Berghuis and Klassen well ahead of him. He's basically marking De Bruyne.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
France wasting such a generation on Deschamp is so strange.

NoPace

France wasting such a generation on Deschamp is so strange.
He makes them bad to watch and keeps exciting players out, but they were a post away from winning the Euros in addition to the World Cup, I think as annoying as he is you can't say he's "wasted" a generation.

NoPace

Lukaku marking Ake basically because he can bully him.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
He makes them bad to watch and keeps exciting players out, but they were a post away from winning the Euros in addition to the World Cup, I think as annoying as he is you can't say he's "wasted" a generation.
As a neutral at least, I feel there is much more to get out of this generation. Imo they could/should have been able to win back to back titles, especially now that Spain and Germany aren’t what they used to be. And as you mentioned; boring to watch. Ohh well, their call.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Memphis really needs to get leaner. Painful how slow he is off the mark. Never stood a chance in this league.

NoPace

As a neutral at least, I feel there is much more to get out of this generation. Imo they could/should have been able to win back to back titles, especially now that Spain and Germany aren’t what they used to be. And as you mentioned; boring to watch. Ohh well, their call.
Oh yeah as a neutral I want him fired. Just saying he's done a good job.

WelshManc

FDJ can't get into the game at the moment, Belgium on top.

Apart from a lovely ball over the top in the first 30 seconds, Timber has been pulled out of position a bit and jogged back while Belgium were getting in on goal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If the Dutch had more nimble forwards, they would be winning this game. Depay moves like he is wearing lead boots. Bergwijn, surprisingly looks the same.