g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Film Jurassic World

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
There's still quite a bit of dinosaur action. And compare it with the trailer for the 3D re-release.

As @Nickosaur says, it's more a problem with modern trailers, but I actually think the first trailer (for World) did it quite well. The dialogue was hammy, but it was still intriguing, whilst holding enough back.
The first trailer is brilliant.

Anyway I'll try reserve judgement on the Jurassic World trailer 'til I see the movie. Could be a different story altogether.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
They're already showing way too much of the "new" dinosaur. I know the genie's out of the bottle so to speak, and you're never going to work up as much mystery with your 4th sequel, but I already get the feeling it's gone. Seeing the new thing in action was the one card they hard, and it's already meh.

I stumbled across the original JP trailer a few days ago, and it's interesting how little of anything they actually showed. This isn't a teaser either, it's a full, near 3 minute trailer, and they show basically nothing. Essentially the least they could get away with. Now, it's the most.

The element of surprise has long gone though hasn't it? Jurassic Park was essentially ground-breaking for many reasons, chiefly, CGI. People didn't really know what they were gonna get, or what CGI could do. Broadly speaking though, the point you make is valid, there is a huge difference in trailers now and then, and so by and large is there in the audiences.

KiD MoYeS

I'm sure I read an article recently which discussed how studies of late revealed we don't like to be surprised and that movies and movie trailers accommodate this.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
The element of surprise has long gone though hasn't it? Jurassic Park was essentially ground-breaking for many reasons, chiefly, CGI. People didn't really know what they were gonna get, or what CGI could do. Broadly speaking though, the point you make is valid, there is a huge difference in trailers now and then, and so by and large is there in the audiences.
Interesting that every shot of a dinosaur in that original JP trailer is non-CGI. Maybe they didn't have finished shots ready to use in the trailer.

But I agree with the general point :)

Adzzz

Staff
I'm sure I read an article recently which discussed how studies of late revealed we don't like to be surprised and that movies and movie trailers accommodate this.
I don't know, I haven't read that, but I would have put it more down to the instant gratification nature of the current audience. Of course these are both terrible generalisations but then I do enjoy a good generalisation.

It's like, why should we wait to see the dinosaur when I can just look them up on my phone.

Adzzz

Staff
Interesting that every shot of a dinosaur in that original JP trailer is non-CGI. Maybe they didn't have finished shots ready to use in the trailer.

But I agree with the general point :)
Yeah that's true, they probably didn't have them ready, didn't Speilberg order a major overhaul of how they looked at one point as well?

KiD MoYeS

I don't know, I haven't read that, but I would have put it more down to the instant gratification nature of the current audience. Of course these are both terrible generalisations but then I do enjoy a good generalisation.

It's like, why should we wait to see the dinosaur when I can just look them up on my phone.
All very true.

We're an impatient bunch, mostly.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The Prometheus trailer was a good example of trailer with a lot of footage, but which showed you nothing that ruined the mystery. It can still be done.

KiD MoYeS

Perhaps the issue is that the majority of people won't want to go see a movie they don't have heavily spoon fed to 'em beforehand.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
You'd think that would apply far less to sequels (let alone of hugely popular franchises) than original films though.

KiD MoYeS

Probably, but I'd imagine a lot of the people they're targeting with this movie weren't old enough to remember Jurassic Park or even The Lost World.

Chris Pratt will bring the kids I'd imagine. And the dinosaurs obviously.

KiD MoYeS

Another reason they may have saturated us with the new dinosaur is because it's nothing new really. A big reveal in the actual movie would be pretty disappointing.

Adzzz

Staff
:lol: The sheer levels of meta-incorrectness has amazed me.

Nickosaur

The Prometheus trailer was a good example of trailer with a lot of footage, but which showed you nothing that ruined the mystery. It can still be done.
Prometheus also showed that an incredible trailer can lead to an utterly shite film.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Which in that case was a shame cos it could have saved us some precious time.

One of me favourite trailers is an early Social Network with a Creep cover over it, very well done.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Jesus that looks fecking terrible. Jurassic Park and The Lost World were classics, this just looks like a pile of shite.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Jesus that looks fecking terrible. Jurassic Park and The Lost World were classics, this just looks like a pile of shite.
The Lost World has aged horribly for me. All the characters really annoy me except for Goldblum. The t-rexes pushing the bus off the cliff still plays great though

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
They're already showing way too much of the "new" dinosaur. I know the genie's out of the bottle so to speak, and you're never going to work up as much mystery with your 4th sequel, but I already get the feeling it's gone. Seeing the new thing in action was the one card they hard, and it's already meh.

I stumbled across the original JP trailer a few days ago, and it's interesting how little of anything they actually showed. This isn't a teaser either, it's a full, near 3 minute trailer, and they show basically nothing. Essentially the least they could get away with. Now, it's the most.

Excellent trailer that, brings back memories. Movie marketing cnuts, can't live with them, can't live with them.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Don't like that clip.....

As a kid, who grew up obsessed with Jurassic Park and bullied my parents into buying me all the merchandise, that clip has left me as cold as the day I found out Gary Lineker shat on the pitch

KiD MoYeS

I've read a couple of reviews online and it looks like it won't disappoint fans of the franchise, which is a bit of a relief. Apparently Pratt is very good in it.

Nickosaur

I've read a couple of reviews online and it looks like it won't disappoint fans of the franchise, which is a bit of a relief. Apparently Pratt is very good in it.
Well that's encouraging.

Let's be honest, we weren't going to be talking about film of the year, but I'd love to see it get around at least around the 60 mark on Metacritic. If it does that, Trevorrow has done a really good job IMO.

KiD MoYeS

Well that's encouraging.

Let's be honest, we weren't going to be talking about film of the year, but I'd love to see it get around at least around the 60 mark on Metacritic. If it does that, Trevorrow has done a really good job IMO.
I'd agree, I just think the fact he's such a big fan has to help.

KiD MoYeS

It's one of the most advertised movies I've ever seen. Connolly Station is done up over here too, although not nearly as cool as that.

kps88

When does the review embargo get lifted? Usually not a good sign when they leave it so late...

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yeah they've been out for a couple of days over here, and overall they're quite positive, say it's a fun and entertaining watch and that Treverrow has done a good job.