Just a question on Qatar world cup issues and posts.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I want to know if mods will or are interested in taking action against posts about politics in the threads that are about games and performances, once the games begin that is.

It's a controversial subject and I just want match day/game analysis threads to not have political posts. Personally I don't mind (and like to see) those discussions in there own threads.

I'm only asking for myself. If this won't be an issue for mods, I'll know not to check out the matchday threads for the world cup lest I needlessly get riled up.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
People have often been asked not to take a thread off-topic, and been given warnings for carrying on, so I don't see why there needs to be a particular rule for this.

If something happens in a game such as firework throwing, pitch encroachment, or racist chanting, and it's happening right in front of everyone watching then people would comment, and it would be part of the match wouldn't it?

I don't think it's fair to expect the mods to prepare for hypothetical events, but I'm sure they will act if necessary, and if that isn't enough stay out of the threads.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
The matchday threads should be as normal as @711 says. We have lots of very active threads about the social, political and ethical issues around the WC and those threads will be the places for those discussions.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I'd guess the usual applies, especially as matchday threads can move quickly. If you see something you think is inappropriate, report it and get those lazy modmins doing something for once. :D

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I'd guess the usual applies, especially as matchday threads can move quickly. If you see something you think is inappropriate, report it and get those lazy modmins doing something for once. :D
Or if its not too bad and isn't derailing the thread, just let us snooze?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The matchday threads should be as normal as @711 says. We have lots of very active threads about the social, political and ethical issues around the WC and those threads will be the places for those discussions.
That's fair. I just wouldn't want to be cheering a goal for someone to quote me "disgusting you're cheering while xyz..." And so on