Just upgraded my phone and tweets no longer show...

redflash

Hi I've upgraded my phone to a S8+ and since I have I can' get tweets to show on Twitter thread.

Never had this problem before with my previous 5 samasungs.

Has something changed or does anyone know how I can get this to work.

Thanks in advance

Marcelinho87

Well I had the S8+ until recently and it was a problem I had too, a dilemma actually.

Are you using the built in browser, samsung internet? I think that was the problem.

Trouble is it is a fecking brilliant browser! Quick, addons, adblockers the works.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Well I had the S8+ until recently and it was a problem I had too, a dilemma actually.

Are you using the built in browser, samsung internet? I think that was the problem.

Trouble is it is a fecking brilliant browser! Quick, addons, adblockers the works.
I think that's the issue. Some of those blocks that stop popups etc also block "social media content" which includes embedded tweets. Whether you can selectively permit tweets again I don't know.

redflash

Thank you and you were right. I'm using the chrome browser and it's working a treat. I'll look into Samsung browser and if I find a fix I'll post it in this thread

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Thanks @redflash. I had the same problem on my S8 but using crome instead seemed to have fixed the problem.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Same problem here.All worked great till yesterday. Using chrome as always. Any ideas?

DdeGoat

Facing a similar issue on my computer. Was working fine till a couple of ago. Now tweets don't open on any firefox or Chromium based browsers. Works fine on Chrome, though.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Edge works fine but not in Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132. Tried in incognito with addons turned off, I don't think it's anything to do with adblockers as I tested on Edge with those addons and the tweets appeared fine.

Thaumaste

Same problem here, both in regular and incognito mode. Very frustrating. Anyone figured out a solution?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'm on Chrome 63.0.3239.132 and Tweets are loading without issue for me. In the past this has been related to adblockers and such.

For those on a desktop / laptop, you're sure all addons are disabled in incognito mode?

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I'm on Chrome 63.0.3239.132 and Tweets are loading without issue for me. In the past this has been related to adblockers and such.

For those on a desktop / laptop, you're sure all addons are disabled in incognito mode?
I disabled all extensions and they still weren't working.

The 'problem' is the following:

Settings > Advanced > Cookies > Block 3rd Party Cookies = [ON]​

On blocks it but turned off doesn't block tweets regardless of extensions - obvious when I thought about it.

I left it on and added an exception

[*.]twitter.com​