Juventus 3-0 Napoli by default| Napoli docked one point

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

For something that's out of Napoli's control.

dev1l

One way or another Juventus always win in Italy :)

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Juventus have been handed the 3-0 victory by default and Napoli docked one point, as the Disciplinary Commission rules the Partenopei didn’t follow the COVID-19 protocol.

Napoli did not make the trip to Turin for the Serie A Week 3 fixture on October 4 because they had two players test positive for COVID-19, Piotr Zielinski and Eljif Elmas.

The club argued it had been banned from travelling by the local ASL (health authority), which urged the team to self-isolate as a precaution.

Juve and the Lega Serie A pointed out this had been taken into account by the existing COVID-19 protocol accepted by all the clubs before the season began and two cases did not warrant pulling out of the match.

The Disciplinary Commission has now ruled Napoli did not have enough reason to warrant missing the fixture.

The ASL could technically over-rule the Serie A protocol, but the investigation decided this did not warrant ‘force majeure’ – unforeseeable circumstances to prevent their journey.

As a result, Napoli are automatically owed a 3-0 defeat in the match that was not played, plus they are docked a point as punishment for not attending the scheduled encounter.

Shulz

Supports
Juventus
I'm a Juve fan, so I might be biased, but I sincerely think there was no other possible outcome for this case. Serie A has rules agreed from all clubs, these rules were decided to prevent the league from stopping each time someone tested positive to covid. And these rules of course differ from those that apply for the rest of the country. So what was the point in contacting the regional health board to ask for directions? Napoli knew(or should have known) that they were supposed to attend the game, just like Genoa and Milan did under the same circumstances.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I presume they'll appeal to CAS as a result? Given they were advised by local authority not to turn up that seems pretty solid to me.

I assume there's no space in schedule for the game to be played in next few months so feels like the easy way out here.

RashyForPM

So they’d rather Napoli go and infect the Juventus team, medical staff, manager, board etc. Idiots. Serie A has always been corrupt, and so has Juve, although this one isn’t their fault. And let’s not even get into their blatant racism.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
Napoli are saying the local authorities advised them not to go, so, why are they losing a game by 3 goals & being docked a point? A contradictory decision by the dodgy Italian FA.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If they're banned from travelling, by the actual law of the country, what were they supposed to do?
Still go there and play a game of football?!

And is a 3-0 defeat given not bad enough punishment?! Why also the point deducted. Very odd.

Web of Bissaka

I'm a Juve fan, so I might be biased, but I sincerely think there was no other possible outcome for this case. Serie A has rules agreed from all clubs, these rules were decided to prevent the league from stopping each time someone tested positive to covid. And these rules of course differ from those that apply for the rest of the country. So what was the point in contacting the regional health board to ask for directions? Napoli knew(or should have known) that they were supposed to attend the game, just like Genoa and Milan did under the same circumstances.
Maybe Napoli is seeing the bigger picture ~ health safety concerns.

Cloud7

This happened...with Juventus being the beneficiary....and Napoli, a rival club being punished....I am so genuinely surprised at this.

Varun

Staff
Ronaldo scores a hat-trick while being out with Covid! Legend will hit 1k goals this season itself at this rate

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is anyone surprised? This is the Italian FA.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
That's a joke. I mean they (the whole team) are banned from travelling so what the f can they do? ignore what the ASL said? Geez.
Asl can't legally ban anyone from traveling.
The only they can do is suggest you from not leaving your home.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Would it have happened had it been your club who didn't turn up?

Shulz

Supports
Juventus
Maybe Napoli is seeing the bigger picture ~ health safety concerns.
Why would they agree on the protocol in the first place then? It is bound to happen on multiple occasions... could it also be possible that they were missing some key players and they wanted to take advantage of this chance? If you know De Laurentis then it should be obvious that this is not a possibility to dismiss. If clubs behave like this everytime there will be a positive in the team, then there's no sense in playing at all. And not just in Italy, but in all the rest of Europe as well.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
If they're banned from travelling, by the actual law of the country, what were they supposed to do?
Still go there and play a game of football?!

And is a 3-0 defeat given not bad enough punishment?! Why also the point deducted. Very odd.
Gov and FIGC (aka Serie A) made a protocol to handle how football should handle Covid situations.
So Napoli first violated the protocol by letting their players going home after Zielinsky and then fully knowing ,going against what all 20 teams signed and discussed with Gov, went to Asl and ask for directions while they all knew what to do.
Why? because they knew that Asl can't tell someone "oh whatever man" if you call and ask they're gonna threat you like a normal citizen telling them "hi I have Covid what should I do?"

So it's Napoli that is in the wrong.
FIGC when Napoli asked to postepone the game clearly told them NO as there weren't the conditions but they still refused to go.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW! what's the punishment for them not following the quarantine? A FINE UP TO 1000euro!!! that's it.

So how people can still claim WTF LOLOLOL Napoli coudn't do anything are simply ignorant of what's the facts and the state of things.

Don't fall for those Nipples tricks

Reactions: jojojo

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Two default results in Serie A already

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
To be honest I can understand the decision. If someone at United called a public authority to ask if Bruno has to quarantine as he was in close contact with someone who tested positive, they would say yes. However the COVID football protocols allow Bruno to train and play.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
To be honest I can understand the decision. If someone at United called a public authority to ask if Bruno has to quarantine as he was in close contact with someone who tested positive, they would say yes. However the COVID football protocols allow Bruno to train and play.
that's exactly it.
Problem? Napoli and some politicians are pushing for a decision which is against Serie A rules,protocol and gove deals.
Reason? it's Juventus guys! you can't help Juventus even if we are legally in the right!
I mean Nipples speakers are even criticizing Juventus for showing up.
While if Juventus didn't show up we would be passible for punishment as well!
So why the feck we should've gone against rules cause " c'mon man sportmanship! if Napoli ask you, sportmanship requires you to comply! I mean they were missing Insigne,Zielinsky and Elmas so it's a given they didn't want to play! and you bully refused! gnagna"

Boneli

I mean Nipples speakers are even criticizing Juventus for showing up.
Is that genuinely what they’re called, or has your autocorrect just sold you out on a public forum?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gov and FIGC (aka Serie A) made a protocol to handle how football should handle Covid situations.
So Napoli first violated the protocol by letting their players going home after Zielinsky and then fully knowing ,going against what all 20 teams signed and discussed with Gov, went to Asl and ask for directions while they all knew what to do.
Why? because they knew that Asl can't tell someone "oh whatever man" if you call and ask they're gonna threat you like a normal citizen telling them "hi I have Covid what should I do?"

So it's Napoli that is in the wrong.
FIGC when Napoli asked to postepone the game clearly told them NO as there weren't the conditions but they still refused to go.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW! what's the punishment for them not following the quarantine? A FINE UP TO 1000euro!!! that's it.

So how people can still claim WTF LOLOLOL Napoli coudn't do anything are simply ignorant of what's the facts and the state of things.

Don't fall for those Nipples tricks
Thanks for explaining.
I'm not that fussed either way, it just from an ignorant read (ie - me reading it) it seemed a bit mad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is that genuinely what they’re called, or has your autocorrect just sold you out on a public forum?
I like the idea he just signs on to furiously argue any situation he feels is an affront to Juventus.
104 postsin 6 years.

EDIT - just kidding anyway, but didn't realise he's still on a newbie post limit.

Last edited:

Ludens the Red

With alL the information it seems to me it’s Napoli at fault here. Juventus though as the usual protagonist will get all the criticism but this is on Napoli imo.

Denis79

I still claim Juventus has never won a single trophy in a honest way. =)

Its little surprise. Napoli were up to no good and Juventus always get preferential treatment. The perfect storm.

Napoli did not want to play, so they knew if they ignored Serie A protocols and went to the Campania ASL they would be given an excuse not to play.

RedDevil@84

I am confused. Did Napoli not travel because Juventus players had Covid? Or were they themselves affected and hence consulted local authorities?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, this whole season looks increasingly more like a farce when you consider the fact the country is likely headed for another lockdown