Juventus accused of false accounting by Italian prosecutors | UEFA kick Juve out of Conference League

cyberman

So we can get Pogba back then?
I honestly can’t see why not. If he was willing to take a pay cut and listen to Ten Hag then it might..might work. It would be a humbled Pogba but if he isn’t then stay away

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
@Bepi what's going on here exactly?
The financial prosecutors appear to have a strong case for a balance sheet wrongdoing trial, so strong to force damage limitation and a preventive exit of the current board. Where this will go, we will see.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I agree. Them being a listed company is the most important part.
You might be able to trick UEFA or they might choose to close their eyes, but when you are dealing with ESMA and potential securities fraud there is no easy way out for Juve.
Yeah, that’s a textbook corporate finance investigation, possibly ending in court next year.

MegadrivePerson

So, Agnelli was adamant about Juventus remaining in the Super League, even if it looks dead in the water, presumably to sort out their as-yet unknown financial issues. Barcelona's massive debt is also well documented, financial levers and all.

This leads me to ask if Real Madrid, the only other club still clinging to the idea of the Super League, have some issues that haven't come to light yet? It's just speculation on my part.
Real Madrid appears to be really well run financially.

I think the problem they have is that they know that they cannot compete with the likes of PSG and City in the long run, so needed the Super League to be able to do this.

MegadrivePerson

Federico Chiesa would be a good signing for some big teams if he can recapture his preinjury form.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I honestly can’t see why not. If he was willing to take a pay cut and listen to Ten Hag then it might..might work. It would be a humbled Pogba but if he isn’t then stay away
He is toxic and I don’t see many teams being interested. Maybe PSG but United are finally de-toxifying the dressing room so it would a bad decision.

Pintu

Not sure what you are basing this on but he really isn't.
Lewandowsky and Benzema are the best. But they are old. Among the U-25 I don’t think there are many good options out there behind Haaland (and Mbappé who isn’t really a 9).

I personally like Osimhen more than Vlahovic, even though the latter is the better finisher.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Juventus have been crap for a while now, not sure why so many are eyeing up their players.

Also, funny how La Liga are constantly poking their nose in other leagues. First PSG, now Juventus.

cyberman

Juventus have been crap for a while now, not sure why so many are eyeing up their players.

Also, funny how La Liga are constantly poking their nose in other leagues. First PSG, now Juventus.
Bit cheeky with Barca over there

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Think he may currently be getting consumed by a shoal of piranhas
:(
USA, 1994
The financial prosecutors appear to have a strong case for a balance sheet wrongdoing trial, so strong to force damage limitation and a preventive exit of the current board. Where this will go, we will see.
I always felt you lot were harshly treated back in 2006 but this sure leaves a sour taste, one would have thought the club would have did everything on their power to prevent future controversies.

mav_9me

I wouldn't judge Vlahovic off his time so far at Juve. Juve have been in terrible form for last few months (only picked up last few weeks)

While I think he would be fantastic for us, what concerns me is that he doesn't start for Serbia. Is he good enough for us if he can't start ahead of Mitrovic?

Gandalf

I wouldn't judge Vlahovic off his time so far at Juve. Juve have been in terrible form for last few months (only picked up last few weeks)

While I think he would be fantastic for us, what concerns me is that he doesn't start for Serbia. Is he good enough for us if he can't start ahead of Mitrovic?
I had the impression that he was carrying a knock and so Serbia are managing his minutes but maybe I misheard that. I can see him having to wait his turn though because of what Mitrovic has meant to Serbia over the years, if they only want to play with 1 out and out striker then there is no way Mitrovic gets dropped.

al.gabiru

Unpopular opinion:

Every big team does the same: accounting fraud, balance sheet manipulation, money laundering in the purchase and sale of players.

Probably, there must be some internal dispute in the Juventus's board director to to blow the lid off, become public and involve the justice of the country.

mav_9me

I had the impression that he was carrying a knock and so Serbia are managing his minutes but maybe I misheard that. I can see him having to wait his turn though because of what Mitrovic has meant to Serbia over the years, if they only want to play with 1 out and out striker then there is no way Mitrovic gets dropped.
That makes more sense.

I thought Vlahovic was too good to not play, you just get him on the pitch one way or the other. Maybe not

90 + 5min

:(

I always felt you lot were harshly treated back in 2006 but this sure leaves a sour taste, one would have thought the club would have did everything on their power to prevent future controversies.
Did you qoute me in wrong thread? Looks like that.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Personally, I am not a fan of Juventus owing to them being arrogant and was looking forward to a 2 year European ban for them with their SL antics. But I really worry for them here.

This is far more serious than a European ban or a relegation. Those things could and probably will come from this and the SL antics, however they also face serious financial regulatory sanctions from the Financial markets and the Italian authorities for defrauding the markets and their investors, which could also attract a class action suit. The fall out of all of that together causes a real existential threat.

Only question I have is, Barca are also known (or heavily presumed to do something similar.) Will they get away with it because of their corporate structure, or will debtors and the Spanish authorities start to investigate them too?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Juventus is just a toy in the former FIAT, then FIAT-Chrysler, now Stellantis financial conglomerate. Nobody really cares, in their grand scheme of things, apart of Agnelli… with him ousted, the uncertainty is what Elkann will do after stabilising this mess: sell the entire thing, just survive as a smaller football club or start another cycle.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
La Liga love to get involved.

Anyway, only players I’d take from Juventus is Chiesa and Vlahovic.

Mwooyo

La Liga love to get involved.

Anyway, only players I’d take from Juventus is Chiesa and Vlahovic.
Locatelli too. We would definitely make top 4 and He would fix our midfield for the next 3 years

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Unpopular opinion:

Every big team does the same: accounting fraud, balance sheet manipulation, money laundering in the purchase and sale of players.

Probably, there must be some internal dispute in the Juventus's board director to to blow the lid off, become public and involve the justice of the country.
To some extend maybe, but the huge difference is, Juventus is a publicly traded company so that's a very different ballgame. Prosecutors can't tolerate companies defrauding shareholders on the public market so they usually hit hard. If true, Juventus is in deep, deep trouble.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
That's not good :nervous:. All of them resigning just like that cannot be a good sign. Hopefully, there won't be any repercussions with regard to the league table and only individuals will be charged, while the club pays a fine.

Either way, Agnelli resigning is the end of an era after 12 years. In a time, when other clubs are traded between investment funds, oil-rich states and hedge fund billionaires from afar, it has a unique charm to have someone in charge of the club who was born in the city, grew up with the club and whose family has owned the club for almost a hundred years. Ironically, there won't be an Agnelli at helm next year, when club and family celebrate the centenary of the Agnellis taking ownership of the club in 1923.

Under Agnelli the club had one of the most successful periods of its history with nine straight Scudetti for the men and 5 straight titles for the women (still counting) as well as other trophies. The club was fully modernized (including, infamously, the crest), a new training ground and new headquarters were built. Nevertheless, despite reaching the final twice the Champions League trophy remained elusive and the club struggled to keep up with Real, PSG, Barca, Bayern and the English clubs financially, held back by a league that refuses to adapt, a country that is struggling economically and main competitors in turmoil. To escape that dead-end Agnelli took on ever more risks to get the club to a new level. But the Ronaldo transfer stretched our financial capabilities and the Super League was a super flop. COVID-19 with its heavy financial impact was bad luck and came right at a time when we were investing heavily and taking financial risks. The accounting shenanigans, I assume, were a direct result and intended to cover up some of the risks that we were taking and losses we were incurring.

With sporting results way below expectations, record high financial losses, several investigations into the club's management practices and a president who went from the head of the European Club Association and a personal friend of the UEFA president to a powerless persona non grata, a change was overdue. Even his last name could not save Andrea Agnelli in the end.

crossy1686

career ending
Why is La Liga always trying to stick their nose in some other league's affairs? Serious small d*ck energy over there.
Because Barcelona are a laughing stock and they're partially to blame for it, at least now they can say "look at Juventus! They're worse than us!".

Or they know Barcelona are doing the same so they're pushing for a consequence so they know exactly what's going to happen to them in a year or so. There's less likely to be severe sanctions if everyone is screaming for expulsion and relegation.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Juventus is just a toy in the former FIAT, then FIAT-Chrysler, now Stellantis financial conglomerate. Nobody really cares, in their grand scheme of things, apart of Agnelli… with him ousted, the uncertainty is what Elkann will do after stabilising this mess: sell the entire thing, just survive as a smaller football club or start another cycle.
Elkann is an Agnelli and he is the family heir, why wouldn't he care about Juventus?

cyberman

Because Barcelona are a laughing stock and they're partially to blame for it, at least now they can say "look at Juventus! They're worse than us!".

Or they know Barcelona are doing the same so they're pushing for a consequence so they know exactly what's going to happen to them in a year or so. There's less likely to be severe sanctions if everyone is screaming for expulsion and relegation.
They literally did do the same because they were on the other side of the Melo deal. They also got caught lying about their own FFP accounts and got caught inflating the amount they received for a lever.
It’s shameless

Elcabron

That's not good :nervous:. All of them resigning just like that cannot be a good sign. Hopefully, there won't be any repercussions with regard to the league table and only individuals will be charged, while the club pays a fine.

Either way, Agnelli resigning is the end of an era after 12 years. In a time, when other clubs are traded between investment funds, oil-rich states and hedge fund billionaires from afar, it has a unique charm to have someone in charge of the club who was born in the city, grew up with the club and whose family has owned the club for almost a hundred years. Ironically, there won't be an Agnelli at helm next year, when club and family celebrate the centenary of the Agnellis taking ownership of the club in 1923.

Under Agnelli the club had one of the most successful periods of its history with nine straight Scudetti for the men and 5 straight titles for the women (still counting) as well as other trophies. The club was fully modernized (including, infamously, the crest), a new training ground and new headquarters were built. Nevertheless, despite reaching the final twice the Champions League trophy remained elusive and the club struggled to keep up with Real, PSG, Barca, Bayern and the English clubs financially, held back by a league that refuses to adapt, a country that is struggling economically and main competitors in turmoil. To escape that dead-end Agnelli took on ever more risks to get the club to a new level. But the Ronaldo transfer stretched our financial capabilities and the Super League was a super flop. COVID-19 with its heavy financial impact was bad luck and came right at a time when we were investing heavily and taking financial risks. The accounting shenanigans, I assume, were a direct result and intended to cover up some of the risks that we were taking and losses we were incurring.

With sporting results way below expectations, record high financial losses, several investigations into the club's management practices and a president who went from the head of the European Club Association and a personal friend of the UEFA president to a powerless persona non grata, a change was overdue. Even his last name could not save Andrea Agnelli in the end.
That's a long way of saying he is a crook who has ruined the club.

When an Italian tells you it's pasta always check under the sauce as Fergie once said. Italians and corruption go hand in hand.