Juventus FC

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Seems they can't decide on their best midfield trio all season. I think Pjanic is a top player but been reading all year he's been off form. Matudi does a good job for the team but is limited in other areas.

Did he really just play Rabiot due to them playing a French team? The reality is he's done very little since joining. Every time I watch Juve he's on the bench. Perhaps Ramsey should've played more but he's had his injuries as usual and Sarri has spent most of this season thinking he's a number 10.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I was wondering how is it possible that Higuan receives that much money.

And then I remembered Sanchez.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody else really dispise Juve?

I used to love them in the Del Piero/Zidane days but recently they've got on my nerves for some reason. Probably the 7 straight titles.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Watching United at times is more exciting and enjoyable than watching Juventus this season.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Anybody else really dispise Juve?

I used to love them in the Del Piero/Zidane days but recently they've got on my nerves for some reason. Probably the 7 straight titles.
It's 8 straight titles :nono::angel:;)

Kappa123

I'm glad Ronaldo ended up in this shower of shite tbh. Karma for going to Madrid, he couldn't wait to leave back then. Now his precious goal tally and competition with Messi has finally been put to bed, ended by Sarri of all people. Poetic almost.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Seems they can't decide on their best midfield trio all season. I think Pjanic is a top player but been reading all year he's been off form.
Pjanic and Chiellini were their two best players after Ronaldo last season. This year Chiellini has been injured all season, he's only coming back now. And Pjanic had a great start to the season but has been geniunely terrible for the past 4/5 months, they have average options there and he still shouldn't even be starting on current form. He's slow, can't protect the backline or press effectively, only passes backwards and even his set pieces have been poor.

Sarri coming in was meant to be great news for Pjanic given his style of play and Sarri's success with Jorginho but it's been the complete opposite. I suspect he's been overplayed and has been carrying an injury this season, it's the only thing that comes to mind to explain how poor he's been.

They should give up on the midfield 3 before they get knocked out of competitions. Play De Ligt, Bonucci and Chiellini as a back 3 in the tougher games at least and then they only need to play 2 midfielders. Blows my mind how Sarri completely dismisses playing with 3 at the back when he has 3 great CBs and the current setup has been blatantly not working. It's so obvious that they'd look a lot better in a 3 at the back system.

marktan

I reckon Ronaldo made the wrong choice moving to Juve, he knew that Real were coming to the end of their prime's and would need a rebuild, but the reality is he went to a pretty dysfunctional Juve team.

The thing with Ronaldo is that he's not the player he was with us, or someone like Mane or Sterling that can stretch play. He needs midfielders and especially full backs that can create chances for him to finish, and Juve lack in both those areas. Real on the other hand still have both of those in abundance, but they badly lack goal scorers. They may not have won the CL again with Ronaldo but he'd have done better in that setup than with Juve currently.

Juve have a pretty big conundrum in playing Ronaldo, Dybala and Higuain, because the former two don't really play as centre forwards but aren't great wide players either, and Higuain is past his best. Imo their best bet would be to play Douglas Costa, who's never fit, and Bernadeschi and then pick one of the 3 to play as a CF. And then add some steel into the midfield - someone like Can wouldve actually been good but I'm not sure Sarri is a good enough coach to really get the best out of the players Juve have.

The truth is all top modern teams have pace and skill down the wide forward positions - and Juve don't. They need to fix that rather than trying to shoehorn names into positions.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Watching United at times is more exciting and enjoyable than watching Juventus this season.
Very true this. I don't like watching Juve at all even though I like them as a team. Very uninspiring.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
8 straight titles and no CL. Italian football is on its arse. The sooner AC make a comeback the better.

izec

Pjanic being currently out of form has a lot to do with it. He is their only real technical top midfielder and playmaker, the others are mainly grafters and workhorses. Not a regular Juve watcher, but they have been garbage under Sarri and even Allegri for quite some time.

KC91

I think they’ll turn it around against Lyon, although that match is likely to be played without fans in the stadium so who knows. Players like Rabiot & Ramsay just haven’t shown they are good enough for Juve, combine that with Pjanic having a poor season and it just makes their midfield so average.

Sarri isn’t a great fit for the squad at his disposal either, at times they’ve shown flashes of implementing his style of play, most notably against Inter but they have yet to show any consistency with it.