Juventus FC

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I've been thinking of posting here for a while about Allegri
He's a good/great manager, his record suggests that. However, I hate the football he has Juve playing with a passion. I've had a soft spot for Juve for a long time, ever since they had Trezeguet, Camoranesi etc so I watch a lot of their games. They're are awful a lot of the time. Just drab and tumescent. You would think in a league they dominate, they would create chance after chance. No they just score one or two and see out the game.
Time for hem to move on to the next stage and get rid.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I always believed Italian clubs/fans preferred results over anything. They are not too much worried about the style of play.

He has won 4 doubles in a row and I think 2 CL finals.

I agree with you, they are so boring to watch. I watch their game for few mins, their game is so bad I will just switch to some other game.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I always believed Italian clubs/fans preferred results over anything. They are not too much worried about the style of play.

I agree with you, they are so boring to watch. I watch their game for few mins, their game is so bad I will just switch to some other game.
If you go into their Italian Forum you may change a bit that perception. And after yesterday even worse. But they certainly don't want a Sarri type there neither.

Trizy

Maybe they're preparing for the CL? The tactics you described is exactly what you have to do in the knock out stages. Why not test and practice it week in week out in a league you're gonna win anyway.

That's just a theory though. I do however feel people overrate a lot of their players which again maybe why they don't create chance after chance or win games 5-0.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If you go into their Italian Forum you may change a bit that perception. And after yesterday even worse. But they certainly don't want a Sarri type there neither.
Doubt it considering I don't understand a single bit of Italian except Merda :D

Inter fans (on English forum) didn't care about the style of play. So I just guessed Italians are same, considering they are masters of defensive football.

Adisa

They're by far they best team in Italy, they should aspire for more.

Kostov

They have become worse than the Spanish teams in cheating and play acting. The way they surround the referee is pathetic. I've developed a strange dislike for them based on their conduct. I hope they never win the CL, bunch of cheats.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Inter fans (on English forum) didn't care about the style of play. So I just guessed Italians are same, considering they are masters of defensive football.
In portuguese too. Its simply shit.

Well the name I see mentioned more there to replace him is Zidane because he was a former player for them and coached Ronaldo too. I think they are just starting to get fed up with Allegri because they want to do more in Europe. At least is the perception I have, but online Forums are far from being the most rational ones regarding that subject.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

When Jose was at Inter, a few fans complained about the style of play.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He's a good/great manager, his record suggests that. However, I hate the football he has Juve playing with a passion. I've had a soft spot for Juve for a long time, ever since they had Trezeguet, Camoranesi etc so I watch a lot of their games. They're are awful a lot of the time. Just drab and tumescent. You would think in a league they dominate, they would create chance after chance. No they just score one or two and see out the game.
I loved Trezeguet, Thuram, Nedved and co. In the mid 2000s they were Madrid's bogey side. And of course you have the classic encounters with United.

But when has a dominant Italian side in recent times ever been entertaining?

Side note but Allegri is a great manager. Before OGS came he was my top favorite to replace Mourinho.

Adisa

I loved Trezeguet, Thuram, Nedved and co. In the mid 2000s they were Madrid's bogey side. And of course you have the classic encounters with United.

Side note but Allegri is a great manager. Before OGS came he was my top favorite to replace Mourinho.
After Mourinho, I don't think I'll be able to last under this guy.

Thisistheone

LvG, Mourinho, Allegri... If that happened I'd start to think the Glazers were secret Liverpool fans just taking the piss out of us.

Br1_ovi

Supports
F.C. Barcelona
Juve played 2 finals without having the best players. Allegri has done a very good job at Juventus. They will win a CL if they keep him. Lose to Atletico is not a disaster, they are a very good team.

Canagel

I don't think Allegris team has been boring always . The first match I ever saw was Milan destroying Arsenal 4-0 in very complete display . juventus that made the final in 2015 was good to watch too. this year especially the quality of the football has regressed but some of their buys must be questioned too.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Athletico are a pretty good team. I thought Juventus were strange against United though. Both ties they looked comfortably better but both times they just stopped playing football and dropped off when only 1-0 up.

With the players they have you'd expect them to be able to pick teams off and keep the intensity up.

That said, I still think they look a quality side.

Suedesi

I don't think Allegris team has been boring always . The first match I ever saw was Milan destroying Arsenal 4-0 in very complete display . juventus that made the final in 2015 was good to watch too. this year especially the quality of the football has regressed but some of their buys must be questioned too.
They have a pretty weak midfield compared to 2015-2016: I mean Pjanic/Khedira/Can/Betancur vs Pirlo/Vidal/Pogba/Marchisio is not even close.

Also Buffon vs Szexnsdhsdydsy...

BBC has lost a B and it's 3 years older.

I think Juve are better in the fullbacks and attacking positions, but the axis of the team is considerably weaker.

They have been pretty poor in the league (Lazio, Atalanta, Genoa) and out of the Italian cup.

Nick7

My biggest problem with Jose was his static, lack of intensity type of football. Conte teams are very aggressive and play with high-intensity.
Really? They were more boring than us last season.

Skills

Snitch
Maybe they're preparing for the CL? The tactics you described is exactly what you have to do in the knock out stages. Why not test and practice it week in week out in a league you're gonna win anyway.

That's just a theory though. I do however feel people overrate a lot of their players which again maybe why they don't create chance after chance or win games 5-0.
The last 6 winners of the CL suggest otherwise.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
They were just shit last season.
Agree. That was not the way Conte-teams has looked in the past (Juve, Italy or Chelsea in 16/17).

But some prefer to use the one season a Conte team was poor as proof that his teams are not aggressive or play with low intensity.

kaempen

Yeah imagine football fans wanting to be entertained when they watch a game. Shocking stuff.
You're not making much sense. Offensive football isn't entertaining per se, nor is defensive football. It all depends on the type of offensive or defensive football being played. There is beauty in both offensive and defensive actions. Tiki taka can be mind-numbingly boring to watch, as can any type of bad and failed offensive football be, like with Sarri currently.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is a golden era for Juve though - Conte and Allegro's tenures. You may find them boring but their fans must adore both men fir giving then so much success.

Adisa

I think Conte is a bit like Simeone. Not expansive but extremely aggressive with the pressing and how they defend.
As @noodlehair said, most games,you can see their sheer quality on the ball but they just enter cruise control most of the time and rarely go for it.
This is a golden era for Juve though - Conte and Allegro's tenures. You may find them boring but their fans must adore both men fir giving then so much success.
From what I hear, Juve fans are starting to demand more.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You're not making much sense. Offensive football isn't entertaining per se, nor is defensive football. It all depends on the type of offensive or defensive football being played. There is beauty in both offensive and defensive actions. Tiki taka can be mind-numbingly boring to watch, as can any type of bad and failed offensive football be, like with Sarri currently.
What? 99% of people find offensive football more exciting than defensive football. You might get the odd person who is in love with the tactical style of the game and prefers watching a well drilled fans, but the vast majority of fans want to go and watch their team try and attack as much as possible and be on top in games. Watching your team play with attacking intensity and committing proper numbers forward is more exciting than watching your team put 10 men behind the ball and wait for a counter.

Possession football doesn't = offensive football. We played possession football under AVB and it was also dull, so yes 'tiki taka' can be boring without the right tools. It's unlikely you're ever going to be bored by a team who play genuinely offensive football though. Sarri's football is boring because it's become pointless possession, in part because they have a lack of genuine creative midfielders and lack exciting attackers aside from Hazard. The problem there is that Sarri lacks the tools to actually execute his vision, but the vision itself is exciting to watch, Napoli were very entertaining.

The perfect Conte/Simeone/Allegri team isn't entertaining, so the vision is still boring.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
That’s definitely not true, would be insane.

26 games in, 23 wins, 3 draws. Losing to Atlético was disappointing but it’s a tough draw for anyone.

Only problem with Allegri is he’s a very negative manager. Juve are 16 points ahead of second place, yet if they find themselves 2-0 up against a relegation team they stop attacking.

This season they have clear problems in lack of quality in midfield, defense getting older and injury problems. Allegri might be conservative but he’s a very good manager and the results back him up.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Maybe he feels like he’s taken them as far as he can? No matter how well he does in Serie A, the champions league is probably where he’ll get judged.

That being said, he’s got a pretty great champions league record with Juve, doesn’t he? Unlucky to have faced and been knocked out by Madrid twice over the past 2 years. 1 semi final and 1 final defeat, iirc?

Adisa

If I was a Juve fan, I'd be happy to see the back of him. Horrible football.

Vadim

They have become worse than the Spanish teams in cheating and play acting. The way they surround the referee is pathetic. I've developed a strange dislike for them based on their conduct. I hope they never win the CL, bunch of cheats.
I can’t stand them either. They’re a bit like Barca to me, they’ve got this reputation for being the historic nice guys in football but people have short memories - they were kicked out of the Serie A for cheating just over 10 years ago for feck sake.