Donkai Havertz | Arsenal Watch

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Played alongside clowns today.
Absolutely, for me best player on the pitch today. Hadn't it been for strong Pickford saves against him and Werner and had Müller been just a little bit more accurate he'd have a goal and two assists today, but that's football for you

saivet

He's shown me what I've been looking for. Taken him a while, but his qualities are lot clearer to me now.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's been really good this tournament. He's form and confidence had slowly been rising towards the back end of last season and he's managed to carry it into the Euros. He had a poor first half in the opening game this tournament but he's been one of Germany's best players if not the best since then. He'll get some rest now, have a good preseason and hopefully hit the ground running the next season.

Andersons Dietician

It’s funny that I think it’s been 3 seasons I’ve been following him now and all 3 of them it seems to be the back end of the season where he suddenly starts coming alive. There was a run for Leverkusen where it seemed like he was scoring every game and all different types of games.

Be one to keep an eye on next season I think.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
He's been really good this tournament. He's form and confidence had slowly been rising towards the back end of last season and he's managed to carry it into the Euros. He had a poor first half in the opening game this tournament but he's been one of Germany's best players if not the best since then. He'll get some rest now, have a good preseason and hopefully hit the ground running the next season.
Still not banking on him. He is good and showing brilliance in flashes but still don't know where his best position is. Of course it's tuchel s problem to bring the best out of him hope him and werner hit double digits in pl.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Looked full of confidence these last few months. Calling him a combination of Ballack and Ozil is an extravagant claim but you can see why people called him a bit special in Germany.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Still not banking on him. He is good and showing brilliance in flashes but still don't know where his best position is. Of course it's tuchel s problem to bring the best out of him hope him and werner hit double digits in pl.
I'm completely at ease with him being our main striker next season. He's superb. I trust Tuchel though.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
I wouldn't expect that from Werner. He's a nothing player currently.

Been impressed with Havertz too. Bayern should probably buy him in a year or two.

pascell

Been impressed with Havertz too. Bayern should probably buy him in a year or two.
Yeah I've never seen anything in Werner that suggests to me he'll become a prolific goalscorer.

Havertz just has it for me, he's brilliant. For such a slight built guy, he's very strong, he'll be seen as one of the PL best players when next season is finished with.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
They probably won't get Havertz, but Wirtz is likely end up at Bayern in the future.
Yes, unfortunately it looks like it. Hope we still put up a fight and try to sell him elsewhere.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Florian Wirtz, 18 years old, top talent. Came from Cologne´s youth academy to Colognes suburb Leverkusen :D and was spotted in a Bayern jersey yesterday. I would say his next destination is pretty obvious
Been about a week I believe. Moreover it was jersey he exchanged with Alaba after scoring his first Bundesliga goal against Bayern. Apparently he's friends with Alaba off the pitch. It really could mean everything and nothing. but yes, I also have a feeling that he'll end up at Munich which is a shame.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The next Havertz.
We'll just have to spam the Leverkusen twitter admins day and night until they give in and sell Wirtz to us. That seems to be the tactic that got the Havertz deal over the line.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Biggest plus from him yesterday that apart from his technical abilities and contribution he felt like the only attacking player actively trying to do something. Was everywhere on the pitch and always made himself available, for someone that gets often critized to being a passenger that was almost a one man show.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Just once again how confidence can change a player completely.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I guess I was the only one who wasnt fully convinced by him this tournament :lol:

Had got moments but overall I don't think he controlled the game though for someone who is expected to be a playmaker. He's more of a goalscoring midfielder than a playmaker, and we need a playmaker right now.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I think he was the best attacking player overall. More or less the only one who created chances by through balls. Welcome change to all the enfuriating chip passes and premature crosses by Kroos, Kimmich, Ginter, Hummels, Müller, etc.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

Yes goodluck with buying havertz from chelsea. If Bayern think they can poking their nose around chelsea then that's big mistake from them. That's all I could say now.

Already cho saga gave them enough warning after misterious bids for kimmich and gnabry knocked their door. Then only Bayern moved their tail in between their legs and ran away from cho.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea

As a Bayern fan you should know that they won’t ever spend that sum of money. Unless it’s due to contract expiration like Sane, I don’t see him in a Bayern Jersey.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
As a Bayern fan you should know that they won’t ever spend that sum of money. Unless it’s due to contract expiration like Sane, I don’t see him in a Bayern Jersey.
Without Sane's injury they would have bought him a year earlier, when he was much more expensive. For german high quality players there might be some exceptions, though Sane has not proven to be worth it yet.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I think it is more than just confidence, which goes a long way. He has spoke about how Covid really hurt his fitness and sharpness. I think the mental aspect of Covid can linger longer than the physical aspects.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Coming along nicely. Seems to have a knack for a goal in big games.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Big game player surely, still no clue what he does 99% of the time though. I feel like he disappears then pops in randomly with a brilliant moment.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

See if he gets back that thing where he kicks in to gear after Christmas and starts banging in goals left and right.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Also should have played Lukaku in, in the first half instead of taking it on himself and shooting. He drifts in and out of games for me, doesn’t influence it often enough but he does have a knack for big goals though.

What do you see as his best long term position?

YikesSchmeics

Also should have played Lukaku in, in the first half instead of taking it on himself and shooting. He drifts in and out of games for me, doesn’t influence it often enough but he does have a knack for big goals though.

Is scorijg the winner in a Champions League Final not big enough these days?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Yeah he seems to be more of a 'moments' player than a player takes over games.

False 9 and/or attacking midfielder is where he's at. He won't get to do false 9 much now with Lukaku here, but I think he might be the backup striker this season. As long as you don't put him out wide or too deep, he's going to very good.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

False 9 and/or attacking midfielder is where he's at. He won't get to do false 9 much now with Lukaku here, but I think he might be the backup striker this season. As long as you don't put him out wide or too deep, he's going to very good.
Imagine him in the rile that Müller has at Bayern. That should in my opinion be Havertz best position

YikesSchmeics

Please explain how you deduced that from my post?
I just realised I misread it completely in reverse and thought you said he doesn't have a knack for big goals. My bad, blaming the hangover

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Yeah I think he produced his best form for you last season as a false 9? He’s got excellent technique as well. Like the look of him - he just needs to energise himself a little more and get about I feel.
I just realised I misread it completely in reverse and thought you said he doesn't have a knack for big goals. My bad, blaming the hangover
No worries my man. Get some rest and drink lots of water to nurse that hangover!