Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The upfront portion keeps decreasing and I love it - £62m plus add-ons.
Does it really matter if it doesn't? Your owner isn't interested in profits. He'll never get his money back from what he's spent on Chelsea. He's clearly in it for the love of the game and a hobby.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
'Add ons' are quickly becoming my least favourite aspect of transfers. It's so vague just putting add ons as they can mean a number of things. Just tell us the guaranteed minimum payment (inclusive of add ons) and be done with it. Nobody cares when the money will be paid. People want to know the true price.
Word is the total add-ons can take the deal to ‎€100m in total - clauses include CL qualification for Chelsea, reaching the knockout stage this coming year, & winning the PL or CL. I agree with your point that the nebulousness is annoying, though.

Does it really matter if it doesn't? Your owner isn't interested in profits. He'll never get his money back from what he's spent on Chelsea. He's clearly in it for the love of the game and a hobby.
It doesn't matter insofar as Roman's bank account is concerned, but for FFP and accounting purposes it's nice for Chelsea to defer payments, especially as we still need to buy a goalkeeper.

Davie Moyes

Is it not £72m reaching £90m with addons? This had been consistently reported for ages and equates to roughly the 100m euros which Bayer had always been holding out for?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I suppose not, I'm not out here getting giddy over £62m instead of £72m, for what it's worth, but Chelsea still have to do their accounting same as every other club, and how the deal is structured is important in that aspect.

TheLord

Where will Romano hide tonight?
He was harping on incessantly that a €100m deal was already confirmed between the two clubs.

It looks like the total transfer sum is at least €10m lower than what Romano announced (if David Ornstein is believed).
Either Marina did one of her special tricks with Bayer, or one of two tweeters is incorrect, or people are getting confused between Euros and Pounds. €10m is not a small sum. You can buy Jesse Lingard or Fred with that much!

Edit: Probably both!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was harping on incessantly that a €100m deal was already confirmed between the two clubs.

It looks like the total transfer sum is at least €10m lower than what Romano announced (if David Ornstein is believed).
Either Marina did one of her special tricks with Bayer, or one of two tweeters is incorrect, or people are getting confused between Euros and Pounds.
Falk also reported it's 80 million + 20 million.

Matt Law also reported that Chelsea's deal to sign Havertz will be their record breaking deal (which is 72 million pounds for Kepa).

Matt Law is very reliable for Chelsea news.

The attacking midfielder is expected to become Chelsea's record purchase and sign a five-year contract
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...eaves-germany-camp-complete-chelsea-transfer/

Davie Moyes

Either Marina did one of her special tricks with Bayer, or one of two tweeters is incorrect, or people are getting confused between Euros and Pounds.
Ornstein may be correct but so far he's the only one I've seen reporting 90m euros rather than pounds with addons and kind of goes against what Bayer had consistently been quoted as holding out for.

I'd always been using the Chelsea paying the £90m required as reason why Utd should just pay the £108m for Sancho.

roonster09

Scout
I suppose not, I'm not out here getting giddy over £62m instead of £72m, for what it's worth, but Chelsea still have to do their accounting same as every other club, and how the deal is structured is important in that aspect.
Only one is saying 62 million pounds. Everyone including reporters like Romano, Falk and more importantly Matt Law said 72 million pounds upfront + add ons.

Davie Moyes

Why not? You have every right to be giddy if that's the real price for some one so highly rated.

If it's true it may help us in reducing the Sancho fee but I doubt it with Dortmund.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think we would have to have a meltdown of Mourinho proportions and Frank losing the dressing room for him to be in danger of the sack this season. And he doesn't have the abrasive, confrontational personality to clash with players.

Unless we are sitting midtable and looking hopeless on the pitch he's safe.
If he misses out on top 4 he's simply not good enough for Chelsea. That has to be the bare minimum expectation. People are really complicating things in this thread. Given the spending Lanpard will be expected to, not necessarily win the league, but turn them into a team that's evidently appears to be on its way to being a team that can do that. Something like Klopp in 16/17 where they played some brilliant stuff, but better given the much larger spend. At the same time you don't go from 4th to 1st coverinf a gap of 30 plus points that quickly. So yeah, building a quality team, improving the defence, looking like a team that can challenge in 21/22, possibly getting over 80 points, these are the targets that should be set. Nobody should get a free ride at a big club and people should expect succesnto come instantly

roonster09

Scout
isnt £62m approx €70m and Ive seen £70m quoted a lot so id guess if there is an outlier there could be a conversion error

Only Ornstien has reported 70 million euros. Rest all reported 80 million euros. Initially people thought Ornstein might have meant pounds, later he clarified that he meant euros.

Anyways it's Falk, Romano, Matt Law vs Ornstein, easy to see who might have got wrong numbers.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Annoyingly good signing this. Chelsea really know how to work the market when they’re on it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I haven't seen enough of him (Havertz) to say for sure, but I still think Werner is phenomenal and will transform Chelsea's attack most.

Davie Moyes

Annoyingly good signing this. Chelsea really know how to work the market when they’re on it.
True. Annoying that Chelsea and City never seem to be hit by oil tax whilst Utd seem to always be hit by Utd tax (as if Utd have more money or something).

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Only one is saying 62 million pounds. Everyone including reporters like Romano, Falk and more importantly Matt Law said 72 million pounds upfront + add ons.
Ornstein has been peddling those low estimate figures for weeks. It's just what he thought it would be, and now he just doubles down on his own BS

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Falk and Romano also reported that he had done his medical, which we were told yesterday wasn't actually accurate.

Ornstein doesn't indulge in the mass hype over this Havertz saga the way Romano and Falk do.

roonster09

Scout
Falk and Romano also reported that he had done his medical, which we were told yesterday wasn't actually accurate.

Ornstein doesn't indulge in the mass hype over this Havertz saga the way Romano and Falk do.
Falk is way ahead of English Journalists.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
I haven't seen enough of him (Havertz) to say for sure, but I still think Werner is phenomenal and will transform Chelsea's attack most.
Don't know about that mate, he was supposedly quiet shit yesterday according to some. Didn't get the chance to watch the game so I took their word for it.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Falk is way ahead of English Journalists.
Falk is a moron and a fraud who throws one hundred pieces of shit at the wall and dances around happily when 10 of them stick.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Don't know about that mate, he was supposedly quiet shit yesterday according to some. Didn't get the chance to watch the game so I took their word for it.
Ha no, he was very good. He's going to cause a lot of problems in the Premier League.

roonster09

Scout
Falk is a moron and a fraud who throws one hundred pieces of shit at the wall and dances around happily when 10 of them stick.
Falk is moron and twat, I agree with that.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Ha no, he was very good. He's going to cause a lot of problems in the Premier League.
:) Good to know he did well overall. I think he'll be a major weapon for us against the top teams (more space in behind so he can utilise his biggest asset). I feel he will have to be a bit more clinical with his finishing against the smaller, packed defenses though. He does tend to miss a few good chances in a game.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
But Dortmund don’t wasn’t 100+20. The only acceptable offer it seems it the full 120 up front.
Nobody says they want 120M € upfront. They want 120M without bonuses that may or may not be paid at a later date. I'm sure they would be perfectly fine with three installments of let's say 50, 40 and 30M through 2022.

Ole90+3

Nobody says they want 120M € upfront. They want 120M without bonuses that may or may not be paid at a later date. I'm sure they would be perfectly fine with three installments of let's say 50, 40 and 30M through 2022.
I meant that they want 120, not 100 + 20 which usually means 20 in add ons (not installments).

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
So we're paying between £62m without add ons to £72m with add ons? That is incredibly good and significantly down on the £90m originally asked for, I wonder if sending Sarr on loan to them is part of the reason?

Add onto that the reported bump up in what we got for Hazard (£100m plus add ons) and it suddenly makes a lot more sense why we are spending.

£195m spent this window for 6 decent players is a great window by any stretch. Opens up the possibility for more players too if we can offload the rubbish

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Great deal at 62 mn with add ons 73 mn then. At least it will bring less pressure on the kid. Good job marina. Now bring in a goal keeper if not good at least average keeper.

TheLord

Can we bring Marina to our club, please? And get rid of Ed.
It is 20m less than what Romano had 'guaranteed'! I wonder what Romano's next tweet will be like!
Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.