Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucantona20

Sancho and Harvertz in the same window would be amazing. I don’t see how we’ll be able to fit them all into a starting 11 but our team becomes title challengers instantly if we get those two.

red thru&thru

I think United will put the money down for Havertz if he's willing to join us. He's a player that Ole might feel is someone we must sign if the opportunity presents itself. Both Sancho and Harvertz could be signed comfortably with instalments paid over several years.

I'm of the opinion, United are gonna exploit the current situation and make a couple of huge moves with Sancho looking nailed on.
Yea, Ole did say we would look to exploit the situation and we may now able to get some of the targets we thought we might not have been able too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Never seen the lad play but I don't like those Özil comparisons one bit

Really don't see the need for another CAM if Pogba's staying either

red thru&thru

As long as we agree on a safe word...

I would say first season let’s assume Pogba stays.

So Havertz would be a rotated No10 and at a push No8 but assume Pogba leaves and he’s had a year to settle in and can take the uppermost midfield position and Bruno moves into that No8 role.

It could work but we all Know it won’t happen.
Only thing is, Bellingham is on his way too, how to we make space for them all?

I agree we need competition for all positions but when we pay the fees that we will, they will all want to be starters.

kirk buttercup

I agree we need competition for all positions but when we pay the fees that we will, they will all want to be starters.
Bellingham will go to Dortmund and we will get him in 2 or 3 years .

davidmichael

We’ve got Fernandes, Pogba, Gomes, one of Lingard or Pereira will stay, Mejbri coming through and we’re after Bellingham so where exactly would Havertz fit in ?

Yes he looks great but we’ve got players who are already better (Fernandes and Pogba) and possibly players (Mejbri and maybe Bellingham) who could be better so why spend £70-£80 million on a player just because ?

kirk buttercup

We’ve got Fernandes, Pogba, Gomes, one of Lingard or Pereira will stay, Mejbri coming through and we’re after Bellingham so where exactly would Havertz fit in ?

Yes he looks great but we’ve got players who are already better (Fernandes and Pogba) and possibly players (Mejbri and maybe Bellingham) who could be better so why spend £70-£80 million on a player just because ?
Have you seen him play ? I haven't seen alot of Mejbri and Bellingham hasn't signed for us yet , But this guy is good . Very very good .

Pav1878

You can never have too many good players. And as good as Mejbri may be at his age, there is no guarantees with him.

Just look at the great teams of the past and see how many good players they had. You can't just rely on one or two

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

I don’t think Havertz is joining us so it’s not a problem. I never have or will be convinced that these rumours are anything other than bollocks.

We’re just living in fantasy land and having a nice discussion.

But indulge me a moment.

Kick out Lingard and Pereira and replace with Bellingham and Havertz gametime done.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Is there no chance of Dortmund signing him?

red thru&thru

I don’t think Havertz is joining us so it’s not a problem. I never have or will be convinced that these rumours are anything other than bollocks.

We’re just living in fantasy land and having a nice discussion.

But indulge me a moment.

Kick out Lingard and Pereira and replace with Bellingham and Havertz gametime done.
We are in the market for such a player. We were/are linked with the like of Grealish and Madison. So maybe there is space, somewhere.

Womp

idiot
If we end up selling Pogba, I can realistically see this happening, dependent on how much we get for him. Sancho seems to be our main target at the moment and you can see where he fits in. Havertz (at least if Pogba is still around), not so much.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
We are in the market for such a player. We were/are linked with the like of Grealish and Madison. So maybe there is space, somewhere.
I believe there is space in the squad for a player like him but I would put my house on him going to Bayern over us anyday.

ATXRedDevil

He is not better player than Sancho.
It’s my opinion, and yours is certainly not outlandish. Two of the top top young players in the world - I could see either position justified. I will say that I think his stats would be crazy good if he was at Dortmund, and they’re already very impressive.
I prefer us to sign Sancho for a variety of reasons, mostly fit in the squad and the fact that he’s English (less likely to leave down the road, knows the lads well, etc.), but Havertz has been a dream signing for me for a couple of years.
In a perfect world, Id love to see us sign both, sell pogba, and pick up a destroyer like Ndidi (to allow Havertz and Bruno to play in a three man midfield with adequate cover behind). Obviously the £150-200 net outlay that would require is not reasonable in the current circumstances... but one can dream.

YankManc

The premier league is allowing 5 subs now so more talented depth is needed. I think this plays a huge part in pursuing both Sancho and Havertz, even if Pogba stays.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Can Munich afford to be spending €100m on a single player or will they get a discount?

Slysi17

Kai Havertz ain't coming to Manchester United. Can't see us spending the money on both him and Jadon Sancho

izec

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we signed both Sancho and Harvertz. I think the club is gonna sign Sancho and one more attacker.
Thats just nonsense and you know it as well. We wont get two of the best young players in for 100m each.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Can Munich afford to be spending €100m on a single player or will they get a discount?
Can't see us splashing out such an amount during these times. Sane will be pretty costly already, if you factor in his salary. As for the discount, Völler sold Vidal to Juve on a discount back then, just so he wouldn't have to sell him to us...
We'll try to get him next year, if he's still there, that is.

kirk buttercup

Kai Havertz ain't coming to Manchester United. Can't see us spending the money on both him and Jadon Sancho
It's very hard to see any team spending 100m on even one player this transfer window nevermind doing it twice . But if they were to splash out on both United would have one of the most exciting teams in world football especially if they managed to hold onto Pogba . Havertz , Sancho , Rashford , Martial ,Greenwood , Pogba, Bruno . It's all pie in the sky stuff but what a team you could have with players like that. Might as well just enjoy the idea of it and the fact we are linked with him, more than likely this is never gonna happen .

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We won't get be getting him. We've already got Bruno and Pogba in that position. I think we're wrapped this summer with Sancho, Ighalo and possibly Bellingham.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Would be strange for Leverkusen to reject that given that they would still have him for another season. Someone being willing to pay 80 mil in this environment is extraordinary enough but pushing for 100mil would be stretching it. Don't think anyone would pay that much.

Don't think United will buy Havertz with Bruno already here. Would love to see him go to Madrid though, they are building an amazing young squad with Odegaard still to come back from loan, Vinicius Junior and Valverde. He would slot in perfectly into the CM/CAM role.

gajender

We finally have a No 10 who seems to be settling well at the club and some want him to be moved to a deeper role for another one ,what could possibly go wrong .

RkkMan

This one is paper talk to sell clicks. Unless Pogba leaves or Havertz is a Sancho alternative(can play as a false 9 with Rashford and Martial/Greenwood either side) it ain`t happening.

gajender

Would be strange for Leverkusen to reject that given that they would still have him for another season. Someone being willing to pay 80 mil in this environment is extraordinary enough but pushing for 100mil would be stretching it. Don't think anyone would pay that much.

Don't think United will buy Havertz with Bruno already here. Would love to see him go to Madrid though, they are building an amazing young squad with Odegaard still to come back from loan, Vinicius Junior and Valverde. He would slot in perfectly into the CM/CAM role.
I call bs on Madrid's alleged rumours nobody is spending that kind of money and loaning the player back.

Slysi17

It's very hard to see any team spending 100m on even one player this transfer window nevermind doing it twice . But if they were to splash out on both United would have one of the most exciting teams in world football especially if they managed to hold onto Pogba . Havertz , Sancho , Rashford , Martial ,Greenwood , Pogba, Bruno . It's all pie in the sky stuff but what a team you could have with players like that. Might as well just enjoy the idea of it and the fact we are linked with him, more than likely this is never gonna happen .
Yep I agree. I actually would prefer us getting Kai Havertz instead of Jack Grealish.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think he's going anywhere this summer if they don't budge on their €100m valuation stance.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I call bs on Madrid's alleged rumours nobody is spending that kind of money and loaning the player back.
Yea I'm finding both hard to believe 1) That Madrid offered that much and 2) Leverkusen would reject it given they can risk Bayern coming in.

I still remember when Leverkusen simply refused to sell Vidal to Bayern in 2011 when Bayern even offered more than Juve and Vidal wanted to move there. If they begin throwing away other clubs and are left with Bayern, who they don't want to sell to, that could lead to a difficult situation where Havertz would be unsettled.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
As long as we agree on a safe word...

I would say first season let’s assume Pogba stays.

So Havertz would be a rotated No10 and at a push No8 but assume Pogba leaves and he’s had a year to settle in and can take the uppermost midfield position and Bruno moves into that No8 role.

It could work but we all Know it won’t happen.

I think it's very hard to not find a place for Havertz due to his versatility. He played on a comparable level in at least three positions and at a good level at additiomal two or three. And Bosz occasionally played him as a CAM in the first, 'False RW' in the second and striker in the third game without a notable drop off. He adapts very quickly. If you have an attack RB (haven't seen too much of Wan-Bissaka tbh) who can provide width, you can also 'park' Havertz on the wing from where he'll drift inside.

Pav1878

The premier league is allowing 5 subs now so more talented depth is needed. I think this plays a huge part in pursuing both Sancho and Havertz, even if Pogba stays.
Great point. This will allow changes in gameplan mid game way more than before

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Great point. This will allow changes in gameplan mid game way more than before
It's a temporary rule for the remainder of the 19/20 season so has no bearing at all on transfers.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's excellent but logistically it doesn't really make sense at the moment. We've got bigger fish to fry (RW, DM) and Neverkusen's asking price is way too high in the post-pandemic football world.

gregor

Could he play as playmaker from RW? But I guess it would be overkill if there would also be Bruno and Pogba in same team.

Hawks2008

We finally have a No 10 who seems to be settling well at the club and some want him to be moved to a deeper role for another one ,what could possibly go wrong .
Yeah this is what baffles me about this and the Grealish threads. We should be building the midfield around Bruno not sacrificing him in a deeper role to accommodate another attacking midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.