Kalvin Phillips (PL20/21 Season)

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
It is likely he will turn to be a bad player if you guys ever bought him. He is performing well in part because he is playing under Bielsa. I am not sure he would do as well once you take him out of Bielsa's system.
With Solskjaer as coach then yes but a good coach will find a way to bring the best out of him
+
To be fair that can be said about Partey aswell. ;)
This

NoPace

Didnt we have the same type of topic about McGinn last year? Newly promoted midfield player has a good first game and becomes a must sign?
pre-injury McGinn looked quality whenever I saw him. Seems a bit less mobile and influential at the moment, hopefully he gets his legs back.

tob

If you're watching the Leeds game tonight, follow Kalvin Philips movement. See how he is positioning himself and how he reads where he needs to be.

Maureen-yo

The more I watch him, the more I think we should have gone for him as a Matic replacement. Breaks up play brilliantly, simple metronome like passing and very aggressive in the tackle.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
This guy should be starting over Winks for England.... There I said it. At least Phillips can pass forward.

MOTM tonight.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He reminds me so much of Carrick.

That pass was sumptuous
He's like a more mobile version of Carrick. We need that deep line passing ability. Him and Fred would be a great base of the midfield

Ollie Derbyshire

Yes, think we should be all over him, has a bit of everything we need. Him and Fred against better teams and him and VdB/Pogba against teams that sit back would be perfect.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Iv been waiting for this update- has he been good this season?

I'd rather we spend stupid transfer money on English players we struggle to tempt from another club as a rival than pay 80 mil to Leicester or Aston Villa pretending like they have been our rivals in the first place when they hardly have.

Classical Mechanic

Iv been waiting for this update- has he been good this season?

I'd rather we spend stupid transfer money on English players we struggle to tempt from another club as a rival than pay 80 mil to Leicester or Aston Villa pretending like they have been our rivals in the first place when they hardly have.
Shame the comp I posted a little earlier in the thread has been deleted. It was a Scholes-esque display of passing. He got a lovely assist against Chelsea too.

Bebestation

Shame the comp I posted a little earlier in the thread has been deleted. It was a Scholes-esque display of passing. He got a lovely assist against Chelsea too.
Keep me updated because I was really interested in him in the championship but havent had much time to watch him this year - the only 2 times I did at the start of the season he looked a bit less orchestrated passing wise and looked a bit more like a tackle type CDM than a deep lying playmaker.

I wanted to see if his passing has improved now he has settled in to the league a bit better & longer. Try get that video for me if you can. Thanks

Jibbs

We should be all over him as replacement of Matic.

Holters

Seems some of our younger generation doesn't know about the rivalry between Leeds and Manchester United. Isn't Kalvin Philips even born in Leeds? A transfer to Manchester United would be very surprising - even in modern day football where money talks. Very interesting player, and one many slagged United off for being interested/linked to less than a year ago before their PL season. Or was it the window we signed Daniel James... Can't remember.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Seems some of our younger generation doesn't know about the rivalry between Leeds and Manchester United. Isn't Kalvin Philips even born in Leeds? A transfer to Manchester United would be very surprising - even in modern day football where money talks. Very interesting player, and one many slagged United off for being interested/linked to less than a year ago before their PL season. Or was it the window we signed Daniel James... Can't remember.
We've bought a few players from Leeds

Seems some of our younger generation doesn't know about the rivalry between Leeds and Manchester United. Isn't Kalvin Philips even born in Leeds? A transfer to Manchester United would be very surprising - even in modern day football where money talks. Very interesting player, and one many slagged United off for being interested/linked to in less than a year ago before their PL season.
i am in my 40’s, and the rivalry is overstated in respect of transfers between the two clubs.

the only club we don’t do business with is Liverpool. We’ve bought and sold players from Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. and guess what to Leeds as well.

whilst really under the radar, we loaned CBJ to them a couple of years ago.

I suspect the situation will be a lot like Grealish, and he will be too expensive in any case for any club.

Holocene

He wouldn't turn us down if we came in for him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Ever heard of Alan Smith?

Bebestation

I know we salivate over his passing game - but how has his defensive game been (ie tackling) against Chelsea?

They did lose 3-1?

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
And Rio Ferdinand, even if he wasnt a Leeds supporter we managed to tempt leeds, which is half the deal done.
Correct. My point with Smith though is that you wouldn’t get a more “Leeds” player than him. He still loved his time in Manchester

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He passes well, but I haven’t seen enough of him to judge on the rest of his game. He certainly looks a decent player, but like most lower table players, they’re just not worth the money these days. Alternatives are always out there for more practical sums.

Maureen-yo

He passes well, but I haven’t seen enough of him to judge on the rest of his game. He certainly looks a decent player, but like most lower table players, they’re just not worth the money these days. Alternatives are always out there for more practical sums.
Well they're going to have to be worth the money after Brexit and the new foreign player rulings kick in on January 31st next year.