g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Kamada

NoPace

Mail and Mirror linked him to us. Free transfer over the summer so this makes a lot of sense in theory, if Tielemans (as rumoured) goes to Arsenal (assuming we're interested, he's not so mobile), Caicedo to Arsenal or Chelsea, De Jong stays and Rice doesn't come here (I guess Newcastle, Liverpool or Arsenal/Chelsea) and Bellingham either.

Plays higher up for club and country, but no more so than Eriksen did for most of his career (and does for Denmark still) and seems to have started 2 out of 4 games as Japan's #10, which is decent because they seem to basically throw 3-4 #10s out there much of the time as they have a disproportionate number of Spanish-y attacking mid types to pick from. Haven't seen a ton of him, but being the splashiest midfield name on the unbeaten Europa League winners is a pretty decent resume line.

In theory, signing him and a pure #6 and selling McTominay and keeping Sabitzer gives us 6 midfielders, and could be done for say 18M for Sabitzer, Kamada on a free and a DM for whatever money we have left after buying a #9 and maybe a new GK, new RB (if Wan-Bissaka goes) or a CB to replace Maguire.

Eriksen(Sabitzer)--Bruno(Kamada)
----------------Casemiro(DM)--------------

Isn't exciting, but it's cheap and we'd have serious depth. Mainoo probably stays around to play some games and grow up and I imagine Iqbal goes to the Championship to play 30+ games and get used to playing against men.

So, anyone who's seen him more think he is or isn't good enough? I could really see this happening if we only have money for a #9 and a bit extra to address some 2nd order concerns.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I like him a lot and think he's one of the good value buys from the BL. Does a lot of things well and would be a great backup to someone like Bruno.

Would be a good free signing.

aeh1991

He is not good enough for United. Kagawa was twice the player and made no impact when he came to Old Trafford. I'd look elsewhere and rather develop Mainoo/Mejbri.

TheReligion

Abusive
Kamada is having a brilliant season.

Not sure if this is the norm for him or because his contract is running out in the summer..?

At 26 though looks a good freebie

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I don't know much about him, but if he's actually good and in his prime then would he accept being second choice?

Then again, that sweet PL salary has swayed many before him.

Nickosaur

Ndicka, Tielemans, Kamada, Thuram, all on frees.
Then go all out for Bellingham.

José Mateus

Supports
Benfica
Word in Portugal is that he will be a Benfica player next season

Nickosaur

I have no idea who Kamala is but we should definitely be looking at Ndicka on a free. No thanks to Tielemans and Thuram.
As squad depth I think Tielemans and Thuram would add a lot of value on frees. Tielemans can play a few roles at CM and Thuram can cover on the flanks as well as up front.
Haven't seen much of Kamada myself but the way recent signings have panned out, if ETH is keen and rates him he must be good.

poleglass red

He is not good enough for United. Kagawa was twice the player and made no impact when he came to Old Trafford. I'd look elsewhere and rather develop Mainoo/Mejbri.
Reports say he was next choice after Sabitzer for ETH in the Jan window

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Kamada is having a brilliant season.

Not sure if this is the norm for him or because his contract is running out in the summer..?

At 26 though looks a good freebie
It pretty much is his norm, yeah. He has more room to score this season than before, but he's been hitting (close to) this level the previous two seasons as well, for as much as I've seen him play. The oddest thing is that he plays less high up this season (at least on paper), but gets in scoring positions more often.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It pretty much is his norm, yeah. He has more room to score this season than before, but he's been hitting (close to) this level the previous two seasons as well, for as much as I've seen him play. The oddest thing is that he plays less high up this season (at least on paper), but gets in scoring positions more often.
Not odd, but the Götze effect. Before this season Kamada was the main creative player for Frankfurt. But now Mario Götze has taken a big part of this and combined with Kolo Muani being more mobile than Silva or Jovic there now often is space and a player setting Kamada up to shoot when he comes out of the deep midfield.

TheReligion

Abusive
Interesting. Thanks!

Where do you see him going in the summer and do you think he’d suit the EPL?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I think tonight possibly tanks this theory, I think long term EtH sees Sancho as a central option, If Kamada does come in it would be too back up Eriksen.

I cant see a situation where Sabitzer stays on beyond the summer.We should prioritise fees to be spent spent on players who can improve the 1st XI, not on back ups.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I think tonight possibly tanks this theory, I think long term EtH sees Sancho as a central option, If Kamada does come in it would be too back up Eriksen.

I cant see a situation where Sabitzer stays on beyond the summer.We should prioritise fees to be spent spent on players who can improve the 1st XI, not on back ups.
Currently Kamada plays the CM role while Götze is the AM for Frankfurt. As Kamada can play both roles he could be valuable for any squad, and yes he would likely be more for the Eriksen/Sabitzer role than for the Bruno/Sancho role, if he should be signed, especially if Sancho continues playing there.

I don't know if he would be better than Eriksen for that role and therefore improve the first team, but signing him on a free surely wouldn't be a mistake for the squad.

And if you look at mentality (which seems to be more valued now than before) he has won a German cup and an EL with Frankfurt, and they won those titles not by luck but by getting deserved wins against clubs like Bayern or Barcelona.

Looking at how scared some fans in this forum currently are of Barca that winning experience can't hurt ;)

RedDevilQuebecois

Decent player, he stunk out the World cup though i thought he was terrible.
To be very honest, their manager is the same bloke who found a way to boot Kyogo Furuhashi (currently the best scorer in the Scottish Premiership) out of the squad. Outside of the purple patch at the World Cup, that manager is seen by pro-Japan supporters as the equivalent of Raymond Domenech, unable to properly use very good tools out of the toolkit.

If he can work to improve his finishing in key moments (just like Ten Hag managed to work with Rashford), Kamada would be a very dangerous player to have on our side.

croadyman

I still think there is a possibility we could sign him permanently,really depends on how things go this next few months.

NoPace

If Sabitzer impresses as a backup DM and we only have money for a #9 and a new keeper, it looks plausible to me.

Sabitzer(Eriksen, Fred)---Bruno(Sancho, Eriksen)
-------------------------Casemiro(young DM, Sabitzer)

then whichever one of Mainoo, Iqbal or Hannibal makes it (3 promising young players to fight for one spot feels about right probability-wise) takes over for Fred and we sign a quality young DM in 2023 or 2024, ideally from South America directly instead of having to pay 3-5x as much once Brighton or Benfica have done so.

If however we go for someone like Caicedo, Rice or Onana and they're okay with backing up Casemiro for a couple of years before he becomes a perfect 2nd choice at age 32-33 (seems less likely for Rice as he's 24) then Kamada makes more sense and you ruthlessly sell Fred.

Eriksen(Caicedo, Kamada)--Bruno(Sancho, Kamada)
-----------------------Casemiro(Caicedo)-----------------------------

Not a great playing time offer for Kamada though, he could probably find a CL team he could start for in Italy or Spain and not pay taxes.

or if we buy De Jong, we just keep Fred.

De Jong(Eriksen, Fred)------Bruno(Eriksen, Sancho)
-----------------------------Casemiro(De Jong)---------------------------

It looks like Ten Hag's plan A for this season was:

De Jong(Eriksen, Fred)-----Bruno(Eriksen, Fred)
---------------------------DM(McTominay)

but I have no idea who the DM was, apart from maybe Edson Alvarez or a new role for Timber, or being convinced by whoever United liked if Casemiro hadn't been an option, like a huge offer for Caicedo or I don't know Joao Paulinha if we couldn't get an Ajax man (or he prefers Timber deeper or at RB and thinks his attacking play will improve as he reaches his peak) and De Jong had been wrapped up in June.

avgp_1

Has played deeper this season but still feel he is better as a #10. Could have used him as a quality squad option though

NoPace

Disappointing. Considering his age (26) and the number of suitors, I really thought he would try his luck in a bigger project than Dortmund, no disrespect to them.
Hard to be a #10 if you're just a very good player and not a star at a big team. Easy to just never really get established like his countryman Minamino at Liverpool.

This seems like a perfect move for him. Be one of 5 guys in a midfield 3 with Ozcan and Can competing/rotating at DM and then Kamada, Brandt and a Bellingham replacement (someone with some physicality or defensive qualities or at least used to not playing as a #10 I'd guess since Brandt and Kamada aren't especially strong, so maybe like Onana, Kone, Renato Sanches or Kokcu since they could get 130 from Bellingham).

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Hard to be a #10 if you're just a very good player and not a star at a big team. Easy to just never really get established like his countryman Minamino at Liverpool.

This seems like a perfect move for him. Be one of 5 guys in a midfield 3 with Ozcan and Can competing/rotating at DM and then Kamada, Brandt and a Bellingham replacement (someone with some physicality or defensive qualities or at least used to not playing as a #10 I'd guess since Brandt and Kamada aren't especially strong, so maybe like Onana, Kone, Renato Sanches or Kokcu since they could get 130 from Bellingham).
Kamada could actually be the Bellingham replacement himself and take over his role (more or less, of course they are different players).

NoPace

Kamada could actually be the Bellingham replacement himself and take over his role (more or less, of course they are different players).
I think you need some strength/power in that midfield between the DM and Brandt/Kamada as classic playmakers. Onana I could see if they rate him and will pay say 40M of the insane fee they get for Bellingham.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I think you need some strength/power in that midfield between the DM and Brandt/Kamada as classic playmakers. Onana I could see if they rate him and will pay say 40M of the insane fee they get for Bellingham.
Considering that Kamada this season usually plays behind Götze/Lindström (who play a similar role to Brandt) I would say that he is exactly that link between DM and AM this season, his runs forward mean that he is even a similar goal threat as Bellingham.

NoPace

Considering that Kamada this season usually plays behind Götze/Lindström (who play a similar role to Brandt) I would say that he is exactly that link between DM and AM this season, his runs forward mean that he is even a similar goal threat as Bellingham.
Yeah, but they play 3/5 at the back and on the break. Dortmund play 4, and Bellingham is just a massive part of them with his ball carrying and mobility and link up play. I think:

Kamada-Brandt
-----Can/Ozcan---

is sort of short of power and Dahoud is leaving too, so they need another body anyways. My guess it will look like this:

#8(Kamada)-Kamada(Brandt)
--------------Ozcan(Can)

sort of deal. They'll have money from the Bellingham deal, have a bunch of young wide attackers they probably think they can get a couple stars out of (Bynoe-Gittens, Adeyemi, Malen, Reyna) to play either side of Haller (backed up by Moukoko).

So my guess is Kamada is Reus' replacement and they'll sign Bellingham's this summer, a stronger #8, and just get overcharged a bit for it coming off of a huge sell price on him. Maybe Reus does stick around for one more year to be the 6th guy, but my guess is nah.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm not sure Kamada would be bought for a set position. He seems to be available for moderate cost, he'd be a marketing driver, he's flexible and has higher availability than for example Dahoud. So I could see him brought in as general competition / a situational option for a whole bunch of positions.

Last edited: