Kamaldeen Sulemana / signs for Rennes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Danish league, aha.. hard to predict with these players, he could be as good as Zaha or Adama, which would be squad players at United, lucky to get close to Dembele and even him seems to be a flop. I'd personally prefer someone with end product, not another raw speedster dribbler. Sancho is still a safety bet. Squad players can be made of Amad, Pellistri, Elanga...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
According to Mike Verweij (podcast) who is tier 1 for Ajax related news. Man United are ready to outbid Ajax for Sulemana. So it will come down to the will of the player.

For what it's worth. I've seen him a number of times now and IMO he's a gem that has the world at his feet. He can play both right and left side comfortably too, but his close control along with his explosivity is something we don't have at the club. He's the type of young player that if Leicester or Leeds, signed, then his value would sky rocket and there would be threads on here with people asking to spend a fortune to sign IMO and questioning what our scouts are doing whilst praising Leicester's scouting.

Sea-Cow

According to Mike Verweij (podcast) who is tier 1 for Ajax related news. Man United are ready to outbid Ajax for Sulemana. So it will come down to the will of the player.

For what it's worth. I've seen him a number of times now and IMO he's a gem that has the world at his feet. He can play both right and left side comfortably too, but his close control along with his explosivity is something we don't have at the club. He's the type of young player that if Leicester or Leeds, signed, then his value would sky rocket and there would be threads on here with people asking to spend a fortune to sign IMO and questioning what our scouts are doing whilst praising Leicester's scouting.
Well shit, I'm convinced. Sign him up!

-Supreme-

It'd be interesting to see if we're looking to buy Sancho and/or Sulemana as I can't see how he'd fit in our first team squad, even if we get rid of James, Pogba and Mata.

I can't see how he'd want to come here and play in the U23's and we aren't Chelsea who buy young players then loan them out immediately.

Last edited:

twitter thread suggester
That was the only good action he had the entire game.

rotherham_red

My worry with this is that if he comes it means we're scrimping on what should be the most important acquisition for us this summer. And ally that with almost no serious talk around a DM, and this summer is shaping up to be a colossal feck up again.

Sure, we could be getting Sancho as well, but if we're at the very least not selling James, then that is far too many players for two positions, even if Mata is likely off this summer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I haven't seen him play ever, but from the youtube highlights which is meant to show his best moments, I saw a player that's terribly poor in decision making :nervous:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I haven't seen him play ever, but from the youtube highlights which is meant to show his best moments, I saw a player that's terribly poor in decision making :nervous:
I thought exactly the same. We have one of those now who still manages 20 goals

Inigo Montoya

Yeah but in a front 3 I think that's our limit. Only 1 player should have the luxury!
He looks like another Sarr. Be good at Watford or. Norwich.

If he had sense he’d sign for Ajax if they’re in for him. He’d get loads of game time without pressure.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
My worry with this is that if he comes it means we're scrimping on what should be the most important acquisition for us this summer. And ally that with almost no serious talk around a DM, and this summer is shaping up to be a colossal feck up again.

Sure, we could be getting Sancho as well, but if we're at the very least not selling James, then that is far too many players for two positions, even if Mata is likely off this summer.
I agree. Personally I'm of the opinion we should move James on and send Elanga on loan. And regarding the Sancho chase, if Dortmund want 100m and refuse to budge, then we should make a decision quickly and possibly sign a developmental talent like Sulemana which might also allow us to sign a Kounde at CB and possibly a CM of real class.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's nothing like Sarr, which is obvious to me when I watched both players. Sulemana's first touch and ball control is of a considerably higher level.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I can see how he’s exciting but he would need a mid level loan or two unless we get rid of a few and even then he probably should be playing almost every week at his age. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him pick Ajax over us at this point in time.

Inigo Montoya

He's nothing like Sarr, which is obvious to me when I watched both players. Sulemana's first touch and ball control is of a considerably higher level.
Which is probably Championship level

passing-wind

This is a very good aspect. I've typically found especially with players like Dan James that very fast players counter measure their speed with poor close control.

Widow

Do we not already have a 'top tier talent' in Amed? I thought he was here to develop on the right as a left footed player. Let us not forget about Pellistri too. Greenwood can also play out wide.

How many of these potential kids do we need?

Answer = all of them!

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Do we not already have a 'top tier talent' in Amed? I thought he was here to develop on the right as a left footed player. Let us not forget about Pellistri too. Greenwood can also play out wide.

How many of these potential kids do we need?

Answer = all of them!
Was thinking exactly the same reading the last page of this thread.

Move along...

rotherham_red

I agree. Personally I'm of the opinion we should move James on and send Elanga on loan. And regarding the Sancho chase, if Dortmund want 100m and refuse to budge, then we should make a decision quickly and possibly sign a developmental talent like Sulemana which might also allow us to sign a Kounde at CB and possibly a CM of real class.
Yeah, this would be perfect if Dortmund don't budge, as Amad would get more opportunities to develop, and Sulemana can share the load across the front three positions and we'll focus on getting two top class players at DM and CB. But if we're going down the route of him coming in as an additional purchase to Sancho and not getting the DM, then it really solves nothing for us.

The only other thing I'm thinking might happen is if we're also selling, or contemplating selling, Pellistri be it this summer or next. In which case, we might see Sulemana as a replacement for Pellistri, James and Mata.

izec

Buy and loan him out. Think the step up will be too big for the first season and he wont play a lot anyway. Needs game time.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah, this would be perfect if Dortmund don't budge, as Amad would get more opportunities to develop, and Sulemana can share the load across the front three positions and we'll focus on getting two top class players at DM and CB. But if we're going down the route of him coming in as an additional purchase to Sancho and not getting the DM, then it really solves nothing for us.

The only other thing I'm thinking might happen is if we're also selling, or contemplating selling, Pellistri be it this summer or next. In which case, we might see Sulemana as a replacement for Pellistri, James and Mata.
I agree bro.

Tarrou

His dribbling style reminds me of Mane

If he's cheap I'd take a punt on him

Cloud7

Sign him up. If he makes it, great. If not, he's young enough to sell him on somewhere else.

Giggsy13

Don’t we have enough up and coming young wingers? It’s time to invest in a RW for the starting 11.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Someone asked him right before the photo was taken, ''which team he would rather go to?'' West Ham or Wakanda FC?
That's the picture of a young kid who left his home land in Ghana at 17 to come to a foreign land which must've been a daunting experience. But it seems he's settled in Denmark now and the club he's at, have looked after him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.