Kamaldeen Sulemana / signs for Rennes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's a left sided player who could also play on the right. Diallo is naturally a right sided player along with Mason who needs at least another 12 months as a right sided forward to hone his skills.
If Sancho doesn't come, and we'd sell James it would make sense. Doesn't express a lot of faith in Elanga/Pellistri though. I think everyone has forgotten about Chongy as well, but he isnt making it here.

jesperjaap

I haven't seen him play ever, but from the youtube highlights which is meant to show his best moments, I saw a player that's terribly poor in decision making :nervous:
Not sure how you have come to that conclusion? 90% of 90% of the videos I have seen seem to show him dribbling and then cut to the next clip, never showing a final ball, that is maybe telling in itself as leads to the conclusion it came to nothing, but that is just guessing.

If we are genuinely in for him, he must be a huge prospect though, as another wide youngster, especially one predominantly playing on the left, seems strange

krentz

MiracleInMadrid

The coach of FC Nordsjælland has just spoken to a Danish broadcaster and said, that Liverpool also are in the race of buying him. The quote translates roughly to: "United, Liverpool and others, that are after him [...]".

He then continues to explain that the step to one of the mentioned clubs won't be a problem for him due to his personality and mentality. And ads, that he could see him playing in the Premier League, but that it will depend on who's managing him.

Probably spin most of it.
Source: https://www.tv3sport.dk/sport/fodbo...slorer-liverpool-er-med-i-kampen-om-kamaldeen

Mark Pawelek

Yes, and I pointed out the flaw in looking at extreme examples. All the players you named are part of a sample of talent where it's actually far more likely to see potential unfulfilled than the other way round.

It grinds on me when people want to name drop extreme examples of success stories without regard to the large pool of flopped talent from the same leagues. It's not a slight on the league, because the league is what it is. It's simply the case there's feck all to go by at this stage. His poor decision making doesn't bode well as far as I'm concerned, and whether he can improve on it is certainly a big question mark.
He's 19. You seriously think he can't improve on his decision-making? I doubt that. It's the same line said about every 19 year old player. On the plus side, very few players have his extreme skills and pace so at least coaches start with very promising material.

Tarrou

almost every attacking player improves their decision making from the age of 19 surely?

the only question is by how much

GledTheRed

All i see is pace and too one-footed. seems a very simple minded player who rellies heavily on his right foot to dribble and cut in. And the level of defending there is laughable :wenger: I heard he's supposed to be the best talent in scandinavia right now, i hope that's not true... :wenger:
Sounds like you've done your research and everyone else's top level scouts are wrong.

Mike Smalling

Will be really interesting to follow this guy. Granted I don't watch the Danish league very often, but I am having a really hard time coming up with any players from the last 10-15 years that have started out here and gone on to perform at the highest level. There are a few defenders like Daniel Agger and Simon Kjær, who have had decent careers in Europe, but among attacking players it is really slim pickings. Just looking at recent top scorers in the league like Robert Skov, Dame N'Doye, Andreas Cornelius, etc., they tend to struggle a bit when moving abroad, which says something about the quality of the league.

krentz

Sounds like you've done your research and everyone else's top level scouts are wrong.
well do you think he's got "more potential" than Neymar?

On more serious note it's kinda difficult to assess youngster playing outside top 5 european leagues. Less exposure, less pressure, inadequate oppositions. sure you can get gems like Ole or Haaland but most often you ended up with niklas bendter or erik nevland and many many more. This why most big clubs will let talents like this sulemana kid go to Eredivise or some midtable La Liga/PL first to see how they fare in the better league. Also we have enough youngsters in his position already, Amad and Pellestri, and we are struggling to get them proper playing time. Oh btw, top level scouts indeed could ended up very wrong judging from the amount of money wasted by big clubs in the transfer market.

GledTheRed

well do you think he's got "more potential" than Neymar?

On more serious note it's kinda difficult to assess youngster playing outside top 5 european leagues. Less exposure, less pressure, inadequate oppositions. sure you can get gems like Ole or Haaland but most often you ended up with niklas bendter or erik nevland and many many more. This why most big clubs will let talents like this sulemana kid go to Eredivise or some midtable La Liga/PL first to see how they fare in the better league. Also we have enough youngsters in his position already, Amad and Pellestri, and we are struggling to get them proper playing time. Oh btw, top level scouts indeed could ended up very wrong judging from the amount of money wasted by big clubs in the transfer market.
You keep comparing him to Scandinavian players, he's Ghanaian. The prospects we recruited last year operate more from the right whereas Sulemana seems to operate more from the left which would give Rashford a much needed kick up his lazy underperforming arse hopefully.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's 19. You seriously think he can't improve on his decision-making? I doubt that. It's the same line said about every 19 year old player. On the plus side, very few players have his extreme skills and pace so at least coaches start with very promising material.
When did I say this

Devil may care

At the price being mentioned surely buying him and loaning him to Ajax would be a good option if we really want him.

Mark Pawelek

When did I say this
His poor decision making doesn't bode well

You caught me. I exaggerated, and projected another meaning onto it. Sorry. Pleases accept my apology.

At the same time, please stop saying 19-year old players have poor decision making. They all do. It's like saying "babies cry". Not an argument for not having a baby. If we restrict ourselves to only buying 19-year olds with good decision making we may never buy another; because there are hardly any.

justsomebloke

His balance and speed looks incredible. Not sure where he’d fit in though - we have Elanga, Shola, Amad, Hannibal and Pellestri as prospects who will all play wide initially when/if they break into the first team.
He looks a good deal better than all of those though, admittedly based on limited viewing, and except for Diallo.

justsomebloke

Was thinking the exact same.

Like that lad from Ecuador or wherever a few months ago, all hype for a few days snd then nothing. I can't even remember his name to Google him.

Also, I hate these videos and the shit music. I don't even know what that was or why anyone would listen to it.
What, Caicedo? If so, that's not "and then nothing". He was signed by Brighton.

Cast5

You caught me. I exaggerated, and projected another meaning onto it. Sorry. Pleases accept my apology.

At the same time, please stop saying 19-year old players have poor decision making. They all do. It's like saying "babies cry". Not an argument for not having a baby. If we restrict ourselves to only buying 19-year olds with good decision making we may never buy another; because there are hardly any.
This is true it’s like when people watch a teenager then say “he’s inconsistent” like 99% of them are, it’s so annoying.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

What are you on about? He has poor decision making, get over it. I mean that relative to other big 19 year old talents. I don't know why people are so but hurt by feedback on player compilation videos.

Mark Pawelek

What are you on about? He has poor decision making, get over it. I mean that relative to other big 19 year old talents. I don't know why people are so but hurt by feedback on player compilation videos.
Then name a few 19 year old players with good decision making.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Then name a few 19 year old players with good decision making.
At 19 - Sancho, Greenwood, Rashford, Fati, Dembele, Foden, Saka, Martinelli.

I don't see why you're so upset by this. It's just my view that the player looks like he has poor decision making which doesn't bode well. You need to stop sounding so offended.

krentz

You keep comparing him to Scandinavian players, he's Ghanaian. The prospects we recruited last year operate more from the right whereas Sulemana seems to operate more from the left which would give Rashford a much needed kick up his lazy underperforming arse hopefully.
You cant be seriously wanting me to compare him to another Ghanaian descendants played in Danish or any scandinavian league can you? Like how is it supposed to be different? Because he's got different DNA/gene or something?? Also if you want to give Rashford some competition in the starting IX you do that by signing another star player, like sancho for example NOT a random kid from a Danish league who might not even displaced Daniel James from squad.

GledTheRed

You cant be seriously wanting me to compare him to another Ghanaian descendants played in Danish or any scandinavian league can you? Like how is it supposed to be different? Because he's got different DNA/gene or something?? Also if you want to give Rashford some competition in the starting IX you do that by signing another star player, like sancho for example NOT a random kid from a Danish league who might not even displaced Daniel James from squad.
Sancho if signed will play mostly off the right and Sulemana will hopefully offer competition that Dan James can't as he's shite and need to be sold. Both Sancho and Kamaldeen can play off both wings, we need four decent wide players as a minimum.

beingshe7don

Sancho if signed will play mostly off the right and Sulemana will hopefully offer competition that Dan James can't as he's shite and need to be sold. Both Sancho and Kamaldeen can play off both wings, we need four decent wide players as a minimum.
Yup, I agree with this. Sulemana is a huge talent and missing out on him would be criminal. Him, Sancho would actually be out and out wingers which we've lacked at the club.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What the Danish clubs have quite intelligently done is to set-up academies in Africa which has seen them cherry pick the best youth talents from that particular continent. Kamaldeen arrived in the Danish league via a academy, which was setup by his current club, Nordsjaelland. The academy in question is the well known 'right to dream' among people who follow youth football in Africa. The founder of the academy in question is former United scout, Tom Vernon, who is also the current chairman at Nordsjaelland.

So what people need to remember is that these African kids don't have the privilege of being from Europe, so the path they have to follow, is to join a club in Scandanavia where they get the exposure. And in Kamaldeen's case, he's at a club (Nordsjaelland) who believe in developing youth, which is mutually beneficial for both club and player.

Take Jadon Sancho for example, if he was born and raised in Trinidad, where his parents come from. Then the chances are he might not have made it as pro, and if he did, it would've been likely through the MLS. The advantages the European players have with the infrastructure is huge.

Lennon

Another "the new" who will end up either on the bench or more possible - on loan ...

Enough of this "the new" bs! We already have really talented players. We need proven, experienced and top players to compete ffs!

beingshe7don

It would be an absolute shame if this guy ended up at Liverpool. This guy has got all the attributes to be the next Mane and even better based on his explosive playing style.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mike Verweij in his latest podcast states that if Ajax move quickly they can wrap up the signing of Kamaldeen because Man Utd have not yet made a offer. But the issue Ajax is facing is the cost of the deal which has gone up due to interest from United. He goes onto say that Ajax have now started looking at alternatives and one name that appeals is Steven Bergwijn. He doesn't state if it would be a loan or a outright purchase. I'm gonna assume it would be a loan because I can't see Ajax paying what Spurs would want.

https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/bijzak...na-denk-***-ajax-ook-naar-alternatieven-kijkt

NYAS

Mike Verweij in his latest podcast states that if Ajax move quickly they can wrap up the signing of Kamaldeen because Man Utd have not yet made a offer. But the issue Ajax is facing is the cost of the deal which has gone up due to interest from United. He goes onto say that Ajax have now started looking at alternatives and one name that appeals is Steven Bergwijn. He doesn't state if it would be a loan or a outright purchase. I'm gonna assume it would be a loan because I can't see Ajax paying what Spurs would want.

https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/bijzak...na-denk-***-ajax-ook-naar-alternatieven-kijkt
Looks like our interest may be genuine. In this case I see Elanga on loan and James sold with this kid being Rashford’s back-up at LW.

Tarrou

I can’t see us signing two wingers in one window with all the other areas we need to improve - unless James is off

It would be great to see us make a proactive move and bring in this kid plus Sancho and flog James - but I’ll believe it when I see it

jesperjaap

Yup, I agree with this. Sulemana is a huge talent and missing out on him would be criminal. Him, Sancho would actually be out and out wingers which we've lacked at the club.
Not seen Sulemana at all apart from edited yotuube clips that generally just seem to show him dribbling, which doesnt give a good insight, as talented as his dribblign is.

Woudl agree we need some proper wide players, but how many do we need? I know not all of these are out and out wingers as you state but we have Rashford, James, Pogba, Elanga, Amad, Greenwood, Pellestri, Shoetire, Chong, Martial, Mjebri, Mata, Lingard all on the books as things stand that can play out wide. Of course some may be sold, some loaned and some play other positions, especially longer term, even so....that is a big list of players potentially for two positions. That is why Sulemana is a strange signing for me. I am all for signing him if he really really is a huge talent, but only if so. We have after all, already spent over £40m on two young wide players last summer....can argue they are for the right, but add Sancho and both he and Greenwood can also play out left.....hard to see where Sulemana features

OrcaFat

What, Caicedo? If so, that's not "and then nothing". He was signed by Brighton.
He was but has barely played, if at all.

He is just a kid, same as Sulemena, but from a pretty unquantifiable league to most of us. Probably not a great comparison.

Bojan Djordjic

At 19 - Sancho, Greenwood, Rashford, Fati, Dembele, Foden, Saka, Martinelli.

I don't see why you're so upset by this. It's just my view that the player looks like he has poor decision making which doesn't bode well. You need to stop sounding so offended.
Ah give us a break, Rashford's biggest weakness is his terrible decision making and that's now - not when he was Sulemana's age. Greenwood consistently shoots from terrible shot locations and has yet to learn how to make Cavani type runs. They cover for it with raw ability but its disingenuous to say they have strong decision making.

Personally, I like that we're being linked to these top talents. We have terrible squad depth at the moment and this is easily seen in Ole's reluctance to make changes to the first team but also how poor we are when the stars are rested.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ah give us a break, Rashford's biggest weakness is his terrible decision making and that's now - not when he was Sulemana's age. Greenwood consistently shoots from terrible shot locations and has yet to learn how to make Cavani type runs. They cover for it with raw ability but its disingenuous to say they have strong decision making.

Personally, I like that we're being linked to these top talents. We have terrible squad depth at the moment and this is easily seen in Ole's reluctance to make changes to the first team but also how poor we are when the stars are rested.
Rashford's decision making may be frustrating but it's still better than what I've seen for Sulemana and in the Premier League no fecking less. Greenwood might be shot happy, but his general build up play is extremely advanced. This is quite a hilarious post, really.

Mike Smalling

Has confirmed to Danish media, that Ajax has made a bid for him.

I think that would be a good move. The Dutch league and the Bundesliga are often the right step up from the Danish league, so it could be a good stepping stone towards England or Spain in a few years.

SATA

If Ajax had made a bid, they will feel they can get him and we probably have pull out. More pressing needs in our squad than signing another young winger

yamo123x

Move on James, Chong, Lingard, Mata permanently

Loans for Elanga, Pellestri

Surely we have space for this kid. Not as if he breaking the bank

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Has confirmed to Danish media, that Ajax has made a bid for him.

I think that would be a good move. The Dutch league and the Bundesliga are often the right step up from the Danish league, so it could be a good stepping stone towards England or Spain in a few years.
The Ajax bid has been on the table for a while now according to Mike Verweij who is a Ajax correspondent. In his last podcast, he stated that Ajax were looking at alternatives, because United's interest had inflated the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.