Kamaldeen Sulemana / signs for Rennes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Saw it on Twitter - 15 Million price.
The source is Sport1, a German media outlet. Mike Verweij, who's closely linked to Ajax, rebutted the story, but he hasn't necessarily completely ruled it out.

EDIT: Mike Verweij responds
Of course I also inquired about Sulemana in response to news reports in Denmark. Ajax does everything in its power to bring in [the] Ghanaian. Status according to sources at the moment, however: 'Not yet completed'. But what is not...

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The source is Sport1, a German media outlet. Mike Verweij, who's closely linked to Ajax, rebutted the story, but he hasn't necessarily completely ruled it out.
Yes - but all this means is that other clubs get who they want without wasting time like we do each and every year.
Pau Torres is a good CB and we saw that yesterday, so why do we say we want him but never get to a conclusion.
He was supposedly ours before yesterday's game.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yes - but all this means is that other clubs get who they want without wasting time like we do each and every year.
Pau Torres is a good CB and we saw that yesterday, so why do we say we want him but never get to a conclusion.
None of that's 100% true. Ajax were negotiating with Nordsjælland for the past month or so, and United's interest threw a spanner in their works. On our end, we haven't gone beyond scouting and showing some interest in Sulemana, unlike Ajax, who were willing to buy him for a while.

Regarding other targets, at this time, we're nowhere near signing them nor are we even active in negotiations. Just because we show interest in players doesn't mean that we're actively negotiation for them at this time. Other clubs are the same in that respect, but most United fans wouldn't be reading about their links or interests.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Is why you should never ever believe everything what you read

Varun1

None of that's 100% true. Ajax were negotiating with Nordsjælland for the past month or so, and United's interest threw a spanner in their works. On our end, we haven't gone beyond scouting and showing some interest in Sulemana, unlike Ajax, who were willing to buy him for a while.

Regarding other targets, at this time, we're nowhere near signing them nor are we even active in negotiations. Just because we show interest in players doesn't mean that we're actively negotiation for them at this time. Other clubs are the same in that respect, but most United fans wouldn't be reading about their links or interests.
Yeah I agree. I highly doubt we were as close as some made it sound like.

There was far too much noise from his manager & his camp, which is unlike our transfers. Yes, ours gets leaked in the press but never direct quotes from the player's side.
Very very similar to the Caicedo transfer.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!

Is why you should never ever believe everything what you read
Well then let's see how long City will take to wrap up Grealish and......
well then let's see how long Liverpool will take to wrap up the konate deal......etc etc etc.

Whilst we are still considering, thinking, making a move for, looking at the stars in the heavens etc etc etc!

Brophs

The One and Only
Yeah I agree. I highly doubt we were as close as some made it sound like.

There was far too much noise from his manager & his camp, which is unlike our transfers. Yes, ours gets leaked in the press but never direct quotes from the player's side.
Very very similar to the Caicedo transfer.
I remember when half the Caf was convinced he was better than the midfielders we have and he’d be the missing ingredient to get us the title this season.

AneRu

But this is not a new thing with us, our supposedan interest in players drags on for ages whlist other clubs do it at what seems like the snapping of a finger. We can every excuse on earth but having seeno how our transfer sagas go on and on I think fans are right to be concerned.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
But this is not a new thing with us, our supposedan interest in players drags on for ages whlist other clubs do it at what seems like the snapping of a finger. We can every excuse on earth but having seeno how our transfer sagas go on and on I think fans are right to be concerned.
There are countless examples of other clubs dragging their interests on, too. Take Konaté, for example: here's a player with a release clause, and it took Liverpool more than two months to sort that transfer out. Compare that to Upamecano's transfer, which was completed sooner.

Regarding Sulemana, the fact that we aren't fully committed to him could mean that we don't necessarily feel like he's that strongly needed in the club. We have numerous young wingers coming through, anyways, and if Sulemana isn't able to instantly deliver, then spending money on him may not be worth it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don't think that's his own info. This was published in Bold, which is a Danish media outlet.

Source: Bold

Nordsjælland head coach Flemming Pedersen on Sulemana's current situation:
The last thing I have heard is that Kamaldeen has to choose from the options he has, and he has had to do so for a while. So it’s up to him, and I think he is in the process of investigating a little different things, and he would like to visit some places and so on before he makes his final decision. I do not expect him to play here, even though nothing has been decided, but I expect him to accept one of the offers he has on hand.
Apparently, Sulemana is making his choice between Manchester United and Ajax.
Even all of his responses seem to be his own conjecture in relation to the info from Bold.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't think that's his own info. This was published in Bold, which is a Danish media outlet.

Even all of his responses seem to be his own conjecture in relation to the info from Bold.
Unless hes a liar, he does specifically say "I've been told"

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If he’s in Amsterdam having a medical it’s over surely!

If you were him you’d go to Ajax after Denmark? We would probably be looking to loan him out for a year and try to cut out the middle man for once instead of buying him off Ajax for 40 million or whatever. If we are paying him way more or telling him he’s going into the first team then he has a legit choice to make. An exciting player by all accounts.

Why not sign him and loan him to Ajax? :)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If he’s in Amsterdam having a medical it’s over surely!

If you were him you’d go to Ajax after Denmark? We would probably be looking to loan him out for a year and try to cut out the middle man for once instead of buying him off Ajax for 40 million or whatever. If we are paying him way more or telling him he’s going into the first team then he has a legit choice to make. An exciting player by all accounts.

Why not sign him and loan him to Ajax? :)
Amad had done his medical for Parma…

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He wouldnt start at Ajax, back-up for Tadic and for when Tadic plays striker.

United shouldnt buy him at all, Pellistri, Elanga, Diallo are here. Use that money to get Trippier.

SATA

Think i read a report there’s a United scout who has been watching him and naming him the best talent/prospect in the Danish league. I don’t know how high the level is in that league but i would imagine Dan James would look very good in it too

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Think i read a report there’s a United scout who has been watching him and naming him the best talent/prospect in the Danish league. I don’t know how high the level is in that league but i would imagine Dan James would look very good in it too
Moller Nielsen. Head of Scandinavian scouting reckons he’s the best talent in Scandinavia. He’s on the record. Probably trying to turn his head further after he looked nailed on for Ajax

SATA

Moller Nielsen. Head of Scandinavian scouting reckons he’s the best talent in Scandinavia. He’s on the record. Probably trying to turn his head further after he looked nailed on for Ajax
Then we should trust the scout and get him if it doesn’t impact on the club’s finances that much. I know we will eventually have Sancho but this type of signing really excites me

Adnan

Talent Spotter

If I'm not mistaken, Verweij is saying that Kamaldeen is in Amsterdam but the potential of the move being hijacked is very real. The next hours will be crucial.

The above was a update from yesterday.

Dazzmondo

He does look talented, albeit in a very poor league. That being said, happening to be a very talented young player in a poor league doesn't necessarily mean that talent can't be successfully transferred over to a league with better defending. He would be a long-term signing I assume, so we'd need to make sure it doesn't impact the rest of our more important transfer plans this season. We would also need to know what we plan to do with him since we'll be pretty stacked on the wings once Sancho signs, even if James does potentially get loaned out. Sounds like Pellistri will most likely be going back out on loan and I assume Amad will be the highest in the pecking order of the young talents (not counting Mason obv). I wish we'd be looking for exciting young talents in the cm position instead tbh but overall I do like this type of scouting, similar to Pellistri and Amad (I'm very excited about Amad).

Last edited:

jesperjaap

Not seen him to comment on his ability. I am glad to see he is a signing we are looking at on top of a SAncho for example rather than as I originally feared instead of.

Saying that still seems a strange signing with all the right wing options we could have and Rashford/Elanga/James for the left too on top of Pogba/Hannibal etc...so he must be good.

Does say to me we must be looking to convert Greenwood to a striker next season though as lets not forget he can play both flanks

Status
Not open for further replies.