Kane goes Awol

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Meh, who cares? I honestly don't get the hype with him.
Don't get me wrong, he's a good player but 150 mil? No way.

Look at his form in the Euros, he was utter dogshit in the group's, bagged a tap in against Germany, looked half decent against the Ukrainian binmen. Then utter dogshit against decent defenders in Denmark and Italy.

Massively overrated and with ankles made of porridge to boot.
Thoughts on Mbappe?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
100m for a 28 year old with injury problems and who looks to be on the decline? I don't think Martial will ever cement the 9 position but Kane is not the answer either. It would be a huge distraction from better targets.
"Looks to be on the decline". He just finished the season with most goals and most assists. The hell was he doing before now that was so great.

Steve 007

I reckon this is part of Levi and Kane’s agreement. “We’d let you go but the fans will go nuts, do here’s what you need to do to make us look better whilst we sell our best player”.

"Looks to be on the decline". He just finished the season with most goals and most assists. The hell was he doing before now that was so great.
Have you watched him play the last year or two? He's lost a lot of the pace he used to use to get away from his man. He is not the player he once was and his injury record suggests it will only get worse.

Stringer

Have you watched him play the last year or two? He's lost a lot of the pace he used to use to get away from his man. He is not the player he once was and his injury record suggests it will only get worse.
His loss of pace didn't appear to affect him last season so where is this decline?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Does this particular gentlemen agreement not comply with contract laws? Let's assume that it wouldn't be worded as vaguely as this one going by the media reports (Levy agreeing to entertain the offers for Kane with a reasonable price, whatever this means), but, say: if Spurs don't get CL football it activates a clause that allows other clubs to buy Kane for, say, 150 mil?
A fixed fee with a clear trigger mechanism is a possibiility but my guess is that they couldn't agree on what a reasonable price actually was which ultimately led to a gentlemen agreement regarding a reasonable price. I also wouldn't be surprised if the trigger mechanisms were also an issue.

lysglimt

Scout
His injury record ?

He has missed 32 league matches over the last 7 seasons. He played 49 matches in total last season. His injury record is excellent for a striker.

Withnail

A fixed fee with a clear trigger mechanism is a possibiility but my guess is that they couldn't agree on what a reasonable price actually was which ultimately led to a gentlemen agreement regarding a reasonable price. I also wouldn't be surprised if the trigger mechanisms were also an issue.
I think it's more likely that Levy pulled a fast one and assured them he'd let Kane go if a big club came in for him and those two numpties took his word for it.

UpWithRivers

If Spurs are refusing to sell unless they get 150 or something crazy I can see why he felt he had no choice. No one is paying that much.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
In this case I'm not sure how they were supposed to agree on those according to gentlemen agreement when the whole reason behind the gentlemen agreement (as opposed to a clause in the contract) was that they weren't able to do that in the first place?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yes, I watched him play a lot last season. He played extremely well. That's how he got the most goals and most assists in the league. It didn't happen by accident, he's quite clearly a better footballer now is some key areas than he was a few seasons ago, where creating that many goals would have been beyond him.

As for his injury record, he played 49 games last season. Third most games of any season of his career and the most of the last five seasons. Not exactly bed-ridden.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Damn. Turns out he was calling in sick but Tottenham fc couldn't find a suitable translator from language line as they didn't know what language he's speaking.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
His injury record ?

He has missed 32 league matches over the last 7 seasons. He played 49 matches in total last season. His injury record is excellent for a striker.
That's got to be rubbish, where are those figures from? Also, you mention league games missed and then point out how many total games he's played, bit disingenuous...

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Meh, who cares? I honestly don't get the hype with him.
Don't get me wrong, he's a good player but 150 mil? No way.

Look at his form in the Euros, he was utter dogshit in the group's, bagged a tap in against Germany, looked half decent against the Ukrainian binmen. Then utter dogshit against decent defenders in Denmark and Italy.

Massively overrated and with ankles made of porridge to boot.
He is one of the best strikers in the world. And on top of that he added another dimension to his gameplay in the recently finished season, playing as a ten. Apart from the assists, he started a number of attacks and at times even did a decent defensive job whenever he fell back. He is world class.

There are only two things that one could argue against him. His age and his fitness. But for clubs like City and PSG, who aren't bothered about resale values of players, those issues don't matter, making him a perfect signing.

All they need is a finished article who gives them twenty plus goals a season and helps them fulfill their European ambitions.

Personally, I am baffled that City didn't prioritised him. But knowing City and their endless pockets and sneaky ways, I won't be surprised if they find a way to buy him.

JPRouve

Scout
I think it's more likely that Levy pulled a fast one and assured them he'd let Kane go if a big club came in for him and those two numpties took his word for it.
I could see that but it's fair to say that they only had two options trust Levy and extend or don't extend and plan for a move. It's easy for us to call them numpties while having no idea about the relationship that Kane and Levy built, it's also easy for us to take life changing decisions for others when it doesn't affect us at all. In the end Kane earns a lot of money and is playing for a good PL club, he may want slightly more but he is already doing very well.

slored1

Childish move and certainly will not help him in the long run. Amateur hour by his brother.

TsuWave

this had me rolling laughter:

feck’s sake :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
That's got to be rubbish, where are those figures from? Also, you mention league games missed and then point out how many total games he's played, bit disingenuous...
He has missed +55 games since 2016. Mainly concentrated between 2018-2020.

Withnail

I could see that but it's fair to say that they only had two options trust Levy and extend or don't extend and plan for a move. It's easy for us to call them numpties while having no idea about the relationship that Kane and Levy built, it's also easy for us to take life changing decisions for others when it doesn't affect us at all. In the end Kane earns a lot of money and is playing for a good PL club, he may want slightly more but he is already doing very well.
Fair point but if he had a proper agent I think things would have gone differently.

Yes he's doing well but at this stage I don't think it's about money, if Kane doesn't move he isn't going to win the big trophies and for a player of his calibre that would he an awful waste. Even if he'd signed a 4 year deal instead of 6 he'd be laughing.

SuperiorXI

Can't believe we might not get to see Kane light it up in the new and prestigious Europa Conference vs Northern Irish team Larne or Portuguese side Pacos de Ferreira.

Zen86

Well, this'll make for a fun storyline until the season begins. Waiting for the brave Harry Kane narrative from the media.

Hughes35

Bet the Spurs fans are fuming

I didn’t think Kane had it in him to kick up a stinker tbh.

The problem is if City sign Grealish for 100m I’m not sure they will have 160m for Kane he could be left in limbo
City have the funds to do anything they like...... The question is - Can the accountants fiddle the books to they pass any financial fair play regs?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Well, this'll make for a fun storyline until the season begins. Waiting for the brave Harry Kane narrative from the media.
Narrative atm is that it’s a mess. No one praising him, it’s all about forcing a move

Inigo Montoya

Can't believe we might not get to see Kane light it up in the new and prestigious Europa Conference vs Northern Irish team Larne or Portuguese side Pacos de Ferreira.
Wonder how many times this will be mentioned?

If Cavani goes, you could tolerate another season with Martial as striker?

I prefer Haaland over Kane, but I'd still take Kane in a heartbeat.
If Cavani gets injured… I’d love to to give Greenwood a shot as our number 9, he’d have Martial and Rashford rotating. Would also free up more playing time for Amad out wide. When Cavani leaves that’s exactly what should happen, or at least get tested before going out to buy a number 9 for £90m +

Inigo Montoya

I bet he advised him to do that. Kane doesn't strike me as someone who would willingly go on a strike just by himself.
So it’s conjecture on your part,and we don’t know he’s on strike

JuriM

What about Chelsea, as their attempt for Haaland seems too crazy shot and they have the experience to lure the EPL best players before?

SirAF

Ageist
If it’s true that Kane had a gentlemen agreement to leave this summer and Levy is backtracking on that then I don’t see any problem with him going AWOL.

JPRouve

Scout
Fair point but if he had a proper agent I think things would have gone differently.

Yes he's doing well but at this stage I don't think it's about money, if Kane doesn't move he isn't going to win the big trophies and for a player of his calibre that would he an awful waste. Even if he'd signed a 4 year deal instead of 6 he'd be laughing.
It happens to all sorts of players, Bale has a proper agent and he was still stuck in a bad situation with Madrid. It's more about context than anything else, some situations will be complicated no matter what, Tottenham is one of them, they are not a selling club, in the sense that they do not have a strategy of developing or maintaining their current position based on sells. And they are not at the top of the food chain either which means that their players eventually look up and want to move, you just need to look at the moves for all their top players in the last decade it has always been difficult from Berbatov to now Kane.

Inigo Montoya

If it’s true that Kane had a gentlemen agreement to leave this summer and Levy is backtracking on that then I don’t see any problem with him going AWOL.
What’s a gentleman’s agreement where business is concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.