Karim Benzema | sweating his old fat ass off and no rescue coming from the PL awww diddums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Should have sucked it up and finished the season as a squad / rotation player at Real Madrid before moving back to Lyon for the romantic end to his career. He chased the money though so hard to take any of his footballing feats seriously now, but he is earning huge money so all the power to him.

not serious, I'm quoting a post from the Ronaldo thread

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The first proper superstar to join the Saudi League :drool:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Should have sucked it up and finished the season as a squad / rotation player at Real Madrid before moving back to Lyon for the romantic end to his career. He chased the money though so hard to take any of his footballing feats seriously now, but he is earning huge money so all the power to him.

not serious, I'm quoting a post from the Ronaldo thread
Nearly got me :lol:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Be interesting to see how he does for them. They've got a lot of talent but struggled in the crucial moments. His experience could be just what they need. Yes?

The Dane

200M EUR per year for playing in a league that has absolutely no interest to anyone outside of SA/Middle east is disgusting and crazy beyond belief.

Darlington Padgett

Apparently his relationship with Nuno is broken and "wants to find a solution" for his situation.
This has United written all over it. :rolleyes:

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Well, we need another stop gap option while we continue the search for yet another stop gap option.

Brophs

The One and Only
Probably got annoyed that he has to look at Nuno looking like he will in 20 years

mav_9me

As much as we joke about stop gap for us, this definitely would be a great solution for us. Sad as it is.

Plastic Evra

Apparently his relationship with Nuno is broken and "wants to find a solution" for his situation.
This has United written all over it. :rolleyes:
Honestly, while there's a risk of the player being in an inevitable physical decline... Wouldn't be the worst one to try on some bizarro loan or 1 year deal ? (I'd rather not think about his wages).

I don't know the exact locker room politics there but I feel that the newly brought in star player probably has a leg up on the coach, especially so in the context of the Saudi League this year. I'm sure Nuno Holy Ghost is paid quite a lot for a coach, but only footie heads will even know he's sacked while a massive star player packing bags as soon as he arrived would be a major publicity blow.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Heads will roll if they lose one of their star attractions because of the atrocity that is Nuno Despacito.

Conor

How is he going to leave when nobody will pay him 1/10th of what he's on? Never happening.

DanH

Isn't it? The man has so much drama about him and it's yet another golden oldie stop gap
A stop gap makes more sense when you have a young striker with potential. I don't know how Hojlund will develop but I think he's promising. My concern is not putting too much pressure on him this season.

Not that I believe there is anything in this from our perspective.

Xaviboy

Bohely at Chelsea getting a stiffy hearing that news id say. He be all over that. Madman will pay him 300k + in wages

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Yeah, I meant Nuno to United. :lol:
On a serious note, if they decide to move Benzema we should at least try and get him on loan at least.
Yeah, I'm sick of our neverending stop-gap striker strategy, but at this point we don't have much of a choice, and he's still a top class player.

fps

Another pretty unpleasant character from what I recall.

Baxquux

Exactly. And his case was actually prosecuted and the facts determined. This is what people accusing those raising questions around judgment of select group of fans (that in turn led to decision of the club) in relation to available facts around the MG case, of just wanting to excuse offenders for the sake of sport miss. It genuinely is about principle and consistency for a lot of us. 'Public opinion' courts of reaction, against a proper scrutinizing of facts and determination of innocence or guilt by the legal system for all its flaws.

For various reasons, that we can only speculate about, we're not able to get the full story as to why MG was deemed innocent by the club and what the new evidence leading up the CPS case being dropped was. People are fixated with sensationalist materials and snap judgements which they refuse to even suspend. Now, I think Benzema is far more likely to deliver for the club - I think its 50/50 whether Mason would even be capable of performing at the top level any time soon. However, we have a clearer sense of what Benzema was involved in, with evidence that went through a judicial process and the nature of which was revealed to the public later. I don't know what Benzema has done in recompense or showing contrition, aside from be awarded a suspended sentence (which isn't the same thing). But we do know he was a blackmailer and involved with prostitutes who ended up being, in some cases, underaged, the consequences of which involvement he was able to escape on a technicality. I'd be warier about taking him on than accepting Mason back, even if Mason never played more than a few minutes in reserve team games and was released at the end of his contract on the grounds of performance.

Last edited:

Glorio

During silly season, people have really short memories when it comes to stuff like this. The man is a walking drama theatre

tomaldinho1

I genuinely hope not, I feel it will dampen his legend somewhat to come to a team that seems disjointed and probably not do that well.

Their solution will 100% be to fire Nuno

dinostar77

Should be treated the same as Greenwood. Cant have one rule for Greenwood and another for Benzema. Sex tape scandal, alledged under age prostitution etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.