Karim Benzema | sweating his old fat ass off and no rescue coming from the PL awww diddums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmer Baig

Welcome to the club, the retirement home of players, where we offer great deals prior retirment.

spiriticon

He'd probably be really good for us but nah. Stop looking for stop gap strikers and let's think more long term.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I genuinely hope not, I feel it will dampen his legend somewhat to come to a team that seems disjointed and probably not do that well.

Their solution will 100% be to fire Nuno
And playing in Saudi leagues of all will boost it?
He's towards the end of his career, it will not matter whether he fails here or not.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Apparently he looked done in his last year at Madrid. We’d also have to steal the bank first before we broke it.

tomaldinho1

And playing in Saudi leagues of all will boost it?
He's towards the end of his career, it will not matter whether he fails here or not.
He's done now, he left European football at a peak (BdO and playing for Real), coming back to play for United in an already quite slow team which isn't going to win anything major is a bit pointless.

Baxquux

Should be treated the same as Greenwood. Cant have one rule for Greenwood and another for Benzema. Sex tape scandal, alledged under age prostitution etc.
Blackmail -for which he was actually convicted. And there was no alleged in terms of sexual activity, as far as i can recall, just around whether they could be formally proved to have known. Social media is the worst thing to have happened to justice, whereby you place allegations which have been refuted by investigating authorities and media which has been deemed elsewhere to be inadmissible as evidence as guilt, alongside Benzema and Ribery etc and cases where evidence has been tested in court. Again, Ribery wasn't convicted, to be fair and accurate, but it was described in media reports as a case of having been documented doing it (activity with teenager below the country's AOC) but not being able to prove knowledge of under-age status

Plastic Evra

We could not offer him 10% of what he is making in Saudi. He is not coming here and people need to stop with that nonsense.
It's more of a theorical exercice in profiles, I suppose. I wonder if Giroud could do a job on a 1 year mission and it's more realistic than Benzema. (I'm not sure he could cope with increased intensity at his age though).

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
If we hadn’t signed Hojlund, this would be an alarming signing. But as we have a long term, young solution, bringing him in for a season, would be fecking superb.

But, as everyone has said, it’s not happening. They’ll sack Nuno.

BuzzKillington

Another pretty unpleasant character from what I recall.
Yep, blackmail and underage hookers wasn’t it?

I feel like we need to be consistent with this kind of thing now if we’re doing it.

We’re either principled or we’re not, knee jerking when there’s a public outcry shouldn’t be the policy.

Woodzy

The ironic thing is for once we could actually justify this signing, considering we need to a short term solution for number 9.

TsuWave

Bring him in. With Hojlund that would be really good for this season

AaronRedDevil

We definitely need someone who's clinical in that position. Rashford misses too many chances.

dinostar77

Blackmail -for which he was actually convicted. And there was no alleged in terms of sexual activity, as far as i can recall, just around whether they could be formally proved to have known. Social media is the worst thing to have happened to justice, whereby you place allegations which have been refuted by investigating authorities and media which has been deemed elsewhere to be inadmissible as evidence as guilt, alongside Benzema and Ribery etc and cases where evidence has been tested in court. Again, Ribery wasn't convicted, to be fair and accurate, but it was described in media reports as a case of having been documented doing it (activity with teenager below the country's AOC) but not being able to prove knowledge of under-age status
Regardless Utd wont go near a player with such a past with MG issue being so high profile.

Nero

Why do people always get moist for an aging mid 30s galactico name?

Ghostrider318

They'd flog Nuno before they even think about asking Benzema to resolve his differences....

OleGunnar20

Bad idea. Too old, bad attitude, massive character to throw into a fragile looking squad. He'd be trouble.

Plastic Evra

I think meant "done" drive wise. Benzema left for Saudi at the absolute peak of his career.

Gordon S

I dreamt of us replacing Tevez with this guy back in 2009, thought he would be great up there with Rooney.
This is really 14 years too late.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just found out Nuno won them the title last season so who knows.

I used to joke for years that Benzema will join us this season and sadly his playing profile is still perfect for us.
We need a striker and he’s better than nobody at all. I just can’t see where we’d find the cash, considering we can’t even sign Amrabat without selling someone first.

the_cliff

Nuno will be told to make it work or he's gone. Nothing to see here in terms of a transfer away from Al Ittihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.