Kashmir

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
So the Indians are actually defending this? The delusion has really gone that far :lol:

And I love how both Indians, and us Pakistani's, act as if Kashmir is ours. Kashmir doesn't want anything to do with both us and if they had the right to vote they would vote to be independent.

I guess India was looking at what Israel has been doing and thought "nah, it's too slow, lets ramp it up 100 times".

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
So the Indians are actually defending this? The delusion has really gone that far :lol:

And I love how both Indians, and us Pakistani's, act as if Kashmir is ours. Kashmir doesn't want anything to do with both us and if they had the right to vote they would vote to be independent.

I guess India was looking at what Israel has been doing and thought "nah, it's too slow, lets ramp it up 100 times".
You've a lot of catching up to do if you think either country cares about what the people there want. It's a critical strategic geographic location and that's all that matters.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
You've a lot of catching up to do if you think either country cares about what the people there want. It's a critical strategic geographic location and that's all that matters.
Politically and militarily, I agree. But honesty I think a lot of people are still driven by the propaganda that a) Kashmir is Muslim so it should be Pakistani and b) The maharaj succeeded to us in 1947 so it should be part of India.

:lol: such humor. Ironic.
Yea I guess everyone is so happy India is taking over that India organized 8000 troops to hold a celebration party there! :lol:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
There's been reports of people celebrating in Ladakh so they're definetely welcoming the move. Not sure about the Kashmiris. Let's see either this will be remembered as a masterstroke or blunder. No middle ground.
Leh always wanted to be a UT or at least separated from J&K. Kargil supposedly did not but has been clubbed in it anyway.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Art 370 has been in place this long and the state has just been suffering from it. I do believe eliminating it and integrating with rest of India would improve economic situation and make people life better.
What makes you think the economic situation will suddenly improve in a Kashmir just by removing Article 370 when whole country is going through economic slowdown and unemployment is on record high due to bad policies of govt?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
What makes you think the economic situation will suddenly improve in a Kashmir just by removing Article 370 when whole country is going through economic slowdown and unemployment is on record high due to bad policies of govt?
Everything from women's rights, to children's education to protection for minorities to improvement in real estate is possible now. I expect tourism also to improve in coming years.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Everything from women's rights, to children's education to protection for minorities to improvement in real estate is possible now. I expect tourism also to improve in coming years.
I asked you how economic situation will improve and you’ve replied with women’s rights and protection of minorities which are social issues. And how was Art 370 detrimental to tourism so far?

My simple question is if Bjp has completely failed on economic grounds in whole of the country, how on earth removing a single Art 370 from constitution would suddenly provide boost in economic situation. What’s the logic?

Patrick08

What do you mean? If the populace is so against this situation like Hong Kong surely this is a bad idea? For how long can you deploy the army and prevent the citizens from voicing their opinions?
Populace are not, corrupt politicians are who benefited from these articles for decades economically and have enough contacts to create little unrest.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Kashmir will finally return to normalcy after decades of violence.
Between 2014-2018 there has been 176% rise in terror incidents and 93% increase in deaths of security forces in J&K.
And the way the govt is handling the current situation by not gaining the trust of ordinary Kashmiris and instead locking them down this has potential to further alienate them and push them towards militancy.

RedTiger

Half mast
Between 2014-2018 there has been 176% rise in terror incidents and 93% increase in deaths of security forces in J&K.
And the way the govt is handling the current situation by not gaining the trust of ordinary Kashmiris and instead locking them down this has potential to further alienate them and push them towards militancy.
So back to normalcy then.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Perhaps. It has potential to turn Kashmir into a powerhouse or a disaster zone. I believe informer whilst you believe in later. Time will tell.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Perhaps. It has potential to turn Kashmir into a powerhouse or a disaster zone. I believe informer whilst you believe in later. Time will tell.
Powerhouse ?

In all likelihood it would economically better its current position but i wouldn't be dreaming of "powerhouse" seeing that bimaru states are still bimaru despite no insurgencies!

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Elaborate.
There is not right or wrong on this yet. It's largely a matter of interpretation.

Yes Jaiveer, whose tweet MJJ posted here, is claiming it to be unconstituional and we know who he is and whose chambers he worked in so even if one is leave his biases aside, the whole manner in which the Government has gone ahead with this could still be held to be unconstitutional by the SC.

Last edited:

RedTiger

Half mast
if that's your definition....
Normalcy is predicated on conditions throughout recent history.

I hope there is progress in that area but I'm a realist and I fully understand how deep ethnic and linguistic lines are in the subcontinent (we don't even need to mention the religious lines).

My views vis-a-vis Kashmir has always stayed on point, that Kashmir should be given a vote on independence by both of your warring countries.

Both countries killing and arguing over borders that will eventually melt away like ghee in the midday sun in the not too distant future.

Patrick08

Yeah that's for the courts to decide.
:lol: Only if those who want to make mockery of themselves can try to appeal.

It's been passed and debated by assembly in both the houses. One who drafts the bills are not some random rookie who will draft an unconstitutional bill.

Patrick08

Seriously ? At this point even some of the supporters are criticising economic policies of the government
Not all sections can be appeased together, first term of the govt looked to be making reforms and focus on poor.. Inflation is under control, so the poor which may not have the voice in the media are happy and thus reelected, this term will see focus shifted.

harshad

Scout
:lol: Only if those who want to make mockery of themselves can try to appeal.
You would be stupid if you think this is not getting challenged in Courts.
It's been passed and debated by assembly in both the houses. One who drafts the bills are not some random rookie who will draft an unconstitutional bill.
Who do you think drafts an unconstitutional bill? Are there separate cadre of civil servants who draft constitutional bills and those who draft unconstitutional bills? How does the government decide which bill should be given to which cadre for drafting?

AshRK

Who do you think drafts an unconstitutional bill? Are there separate cadre of civil servants who draft constitutional bills and those who draft unconstitutional bills? How does the government decide which bill should be given to which cadre for drafting?
It might be challenged but I cannot see it being reversed. There needs to be a solid ground or some major unrest to reverse the decision. I think initially you will see some murmurs mostly by opposition parties led by Abdullah's and Mufti's and some pak media will try to portray India as some evil country but (Hopefully) by the time 2020 rolls or even earlier everything will be normal.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Challenging the bill in supreme court will be waste of everyone’s time. No one would have balls to call it as unconstitutional, no one would want to become Judge Loya.

Patrick08

Again, anyone who want to make a mockery of themselves can go and challenge it.

The articles itself was never passed by parliamentary board when adopted by a unilateral presidential order as a temporary measure for highest degree of appeasement politics back in time. Challenging it's abrogation as unconstitutional after passing of it by both assemblies will be hilarious show.

harshad

Scout
It might be challenged but I cannot see it being reversed. There needs to be a solid ground or some major unrest to reverse the decision. I think initially you will see some murmurs mostly by opposition parties led by Abdullah's and Mufti's and some pak media will try to portray India as some evil country but (Hopefully) by the time 2020 rolls or even earlier everything will be normal.
Depends upon the bench to be honest.

AshRK

Depends upon the bench to be honest.
I am pretty sure for any bill to be reversed there needs to be a major reason and in this case I cannot see it being reversed. Ofcourse never say never but if you ask me now I don't think judges will reverse it. Appeal would be rejected.

Patrick08

I am pretty sure for any bill to be reversed there needs to be a major reason and in this case I cannot see it being reversed. Ofcourse never say never but if you ask me now I don't think judges will reverse it. Appeal would be rejected.
There is only one reason, if the legislation is deemed unconstitutional.