Keane and Evra: could that work?

simplyared

As pundits (in the same studio) you wont get any better than these two imho. Imagine having Keane as manager with Evra as his assistant. Could that work? Not looking at a top team of course but a championship side or lower PL.

The obvious downside would be they are both maybe too alike (fiery-tempered).

Or maybe it could work. Views on this as outspoken as it may seem

United58

José's a fantastic pundit but an awful manager.

Seeing this would be fantastic drama though

The Siege

Who would actually do the managing though?
They'd just play good cop, bad cop all day.

Ekeke

As pundits (in the same studio) you wont get any better than these two imho. Imagine having Keane as manager with Evra as his assistant. Could that work? Not looking at a top team of course but a championship side or lower PL.

The obvious downside would be they are both maybe too alike (fiery-tempered).

Or maybe it could work. Views on this as outspoken as it may seem
I think it could work in the championship and if it worked there they might be able to take it into the premier league, but it would be a long road before I'd want to see them given a chance at a big club like United. They'd have to earn it

Glorio

I posted about their punditry duo earlier - brilliant stuff! A great good cop/bad cop vibe between them and a good measure of banter as well. I did say Keane seems to have a lot of time for Evra, and Evra is probably one of the few people with the cheek and charm to get away with taking shots at Keano.

Loved it when Evra said (in reference to the performance of the VAR ref this week): "I think he should take a taxi back home"

That said, that duo in management? I can't see it - I think it would be chaos! And good natured banter for a few hours of punditry in a studio occasionally isn't the same as working endless hours with each other day to day amid the stresses of managing a football club. I suspect they would clash very quickly

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
People need to stop mistaking personality, character and the ability to articulate their thoughts with the ability to manage football clubs.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm right in saying they never shared a dressing room? Keane left the club just before Evra and a Vidic arrived did he not?

Weird two players who have had such massive success at United but never actually played together

CM

Speaking about football in a studio is in no way comparable to managing a football club. Apart from anything they sound like they have completely different outlooks on how the game is played.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If we are brutally honest, all pundits do is what we do but they have a fancy tablet that can make their argument look better because they can use a little pen to draw lines.

simplyared

People need to stop mistaking personality, character and the ability to articulate their thoughts with the ability to manage football clubs.
Yeah but Keane has had managerial experience. Did quite well at Sunderland. Both of them as players, managed by one of the greatest of them all. Hopefully something's rubbed off. Reckon Keane has mellowed somewhat over the years. Hopefully learned from his mistakes. I'm not just going off what they're doing in the studio. That said it would be a gamble, of course. But so was signing Eric Cantona!

SirAnderson

For me it looks Keane boils underneath every time Evra has a laugh or a go at him in studio.
He gives that grim smile that really saying "I wouldn't mind having a pop at your face"
:lol: