Kellie Harrington on OTB

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

Bit of Context in from The Mirror.
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/boxing/kellie-harrington-refuses-answer-anti-29563963

Kellie Harrington refused to answer questions on a controversial anti-immigration tweet she shared in October when quizzed on the matter today.

The Olympic gold medallist retweeted a video from GB News five months ago which featured Dutch commentator Eva Vlaardingerbroek speaking on the death of a 12-year-old girl in France.

In the clip, Vlaardingerbroek said: “I woke up this morning to see the news of another young European girl who was sacrificed on the altar of mass migration. We have four people in custody, all migrants coming from Algeria.

READ MORE:Kellie Harrington would love to fight on Katie Taylor's 3Arena card

“This is the 12th girl I believe in France that has been killed this year by an immigrant and that’s just France.”

Harrington commented at the time: “Very, very sad. A powerful message from Eva Vlaardingerbroek. Our own leaders need to take a listen to this. She believes this is the 12th girl in France this year who has been killed by an immigrant.. And that’s just France.”

Unfair? I thought the OTB lad was even handed as they always are.

Sweet Square

Ah October, that one month a year where everyone gets to be a bit racist.

I'm guessing she still believes that bigoted rubbish but can't say it openly due to the threat of losing sponsorship money. Although in her defence, people who make a living out of getting punched in the head tend to have shite politics.