Kendry Páez | Independiente del Valle player

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Another player who is performing well at the U-17 Sudamericano; good combination of dribbling and passing abilities as a playmaker (also comfortable in central positions or out wide).
On 25 February 2023, he marked his highly anticipated professional debut with a goal; the third in a 3–1 Ecuadorian Serie A win over Mushuc Runa. Having received a lifted cut-back on the right hand side of the penalty area from Anthony Landázuri, he instinctively floated the ball over the goalkeeper, Jorge Pinos, on the volley into the far corner of the goal. In doing so, he became the youngest debutant, and youngest goal-scorer, in the Ecuadorian top flight.
Still only 15 years old, 6 assists in the tournament and scored the winning goal vs. Argentina for #1 ranked Ecuador...

Full Name: Ray Kendry Páez Andrade
Date of birth: May 4, 2007 (15)
Nationality: Ecuador

Height: 1,75 m
Position: Midfield - Attacking Midfield
Squad Number: 55
Foot: Left
Contract expires: N/A

Transfermarkt link.

marfans

Supports
Chelsea FC
I believe he has gone to Chelsea.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Another player who is performing well at the U-17 Sudamericano; good combination of dribbling and passing abilities as a playmaker (also comfortable in central positions or out wide).

Still only 15 years old, 6 assists in the tournament and scored the winning goal vs. Argentina for #1 ranked Ecuador...

Full Name: Ray Kendry Páez Andrade
Date of birth: May 4, 2007 (15)
Nationality: Ecuador

Height: 1,75 m
Position: Midfield - Attacking Midfield
Squad Number: 55
Foot: Left
Contract expires: N/A

Transfermarkt link.
I read that Chelsea were going to pay €20M for him.
Barcelona were very interested in him but too much money at the moment.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
This is a complete shot in the dark. He's not even estabilished at U23 level. He may never worth the transfer value. On the other hand, Independiente del Valle has been doing a very good work making the club and the academy grow, so we'll see.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I have no idea who this kid is or how good he is supposed to be.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I saw he started last night when looking at the team sheets (to see if Pellistri was playing)

Didn't watch the game though, watched Argentina.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
This is a complete shot in the dark. He's not even estabilished at U23 level. He may never worth the transfer value. On the other hand, Independiente del Valle has been doing a very good work making the club and the academy grow, so we'll see.
Once they are not "shot in the dark" they start being priced at 80-200 millions.

Messi was also a "shot in the dark" when Barca basically adopted him at age 13. That shot in the dark created an era of 17-years-long success for them. All big clubs need to be recruiting young talent for their academies, nothing wrong with that

Goldbridge said, our recruitement has been quoted that they mainly scout 40M players. That sounds incredibly odd. It's a horrible range. Unknown players on the verge of break-out cost 5-10M - this is who the likes of Brighton targets very successfully. At the next threshold, the already slightly-proven stars start at 70M even when their entire experience is just one year at clubs like Atalanta

Who the f...ck are we scouting at 40M?

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Once they are not "shot in the dark" they start being prices at 80-200 millions.

Messi was also a "shot in the dark" when Barca basically adopted him at age 13. That shot in the dark created an era of 17-years-long success for them. All big clubs need to be recruiting young talent for their academies, nothing wrong with that
They are.

Berbaclass

Bro learn to read. It isn't that hard.

I said that people are calling Paez a generational talent. That title is typically for players that is Messi, mbappe, haaland, or Ronaldo level. I m trying to see if that is true. I haven't seen him play.
People called Greenwood a generational talent all the time, he wasn't anywhere near the level of Messi or Ronaldo.

NewGlory

People called Greenwood a generational talent all the time, he wasn't anywhere near the level of Messi or Ronaldo.
No need to pick on words. There may never be anybody as great as Messi or with the stats of Ronaldo, but somebody that can be a star player for us, for 8-10 years would be generational talent of huge impact for us.

Greenwood could have been an amazing home-grown striker for us, for many years. Messi or not, he was a very impactful loss. I agree that after what happened he could never play for us ever again, but before that happened, a lot of us believed that he was our star boy

Berbaclass

No need to pick on words. There may never be anybody as great as Messi or with the stats of Ronaldo, but somebody that can be a star player for us, for 8-10 years would be generational talent of huge impact for us.

Greenwood could have been an amazing home-grown striker for us, for many years. Messi or not, he was a very impactful loss.
I'm just saying kids get hyped and overhyped all the time. The term 'generational' gets thrown around a lot now.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You could compare Greenwood at 19 to Ronaldo at 19. If Greenwood wasn't fecked in the head it would be between him and Saka as the most talented player born in 2001.

Berbaclass

You could compare Greenwood at 19 to Ronaldo at 19. If Greenwood wasn't fecked in the head it would be between him and Saka as the most talented player born in 2001.
Don't agree personally. I always thought Mason was a bit overrated.

NewGlory

I'm just saying kids get hyped and overhyped all the time. The term 'generational' gets thrown around a lot now.
That is also true

I wonder how that "kid" Jesse Lingard is doing. :)

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
It is an Americanism that also grates with me.

For me, a generational talent is someone who is the best player for about the past 20-30 years. So, that would be your Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo/Messi (take your pick.) At least it should be 10-15 years.

However, people now use this for 5 years and have multiple 'generational' talents playing at the same time in the same position. It makes no sense.

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
He is a player with good projection. What makes a player grow and evolve is his intelligence on the field, making the right decisions in most situations.

There was a coach who said "if I am given a choice between a player of 10 in technique and another of 10 in intelligence, I always choose the intelligent one".

Obviously it is also important a coach who teaches him to improve his game.

TheReligion

Abusive
Don't agree personally. I always thought Mason was a bit overrated.
35 goals and 15 assists (I think) for the senior team by the age of 20?

I think the opposite. Greenwood gets underrated now. Look at Cole Palmer who has 300 minutes of PL football and zero goals at 21.

Greenwood and Haaland were by far the two best forward prospects in the world at the time.

Berbaclass

35 goals and 15 assists (I think) for the senior team by the age of 20?

I think the opposite. Greenwood gets underrated now. Look at Cole Palmer who has 300 minutes of PL football and zero goals at 21.

Greenwood and Haaland were by far the two best forward prospects in the world at the time.
Still wasn’t a ‘generational’ talent. He was good but not that good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What does generational even mean? It’s the new world class isn’t it? - means feck all as everyone applies it in a different manner.