Kevin De Bruyne

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Can't say I'm surprised. Couldn't give a rats ass about Vertonghen or Hazard but De Bruyne seems the type that wants world class players around him and throws a bitch fit whenever things get tough.
Unfortunately for him, there's no Pep at national team level and its impossible to "buy" new players (I mean, you can always poach young ones but still).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Good chance this is 100% fake news. Hazard and Vertonghen have asked to replace Theate and Carrasco at the press conference today, so they obviously want to make a statement. In the end it'll be Courtois instead of Vertonghen due to "logistic reasons" but will be interesting to hear nonetheless. Either they'll debunk it entirely or at least explain what exactly went down. But I wouldn't fault Vertonghen for wanting to throw a punch at De Bruyne or something like that. Can't ever imagine Hazard being upset about something football-related though, let alone enough to be part of a "huge altercation". He doesn't even understand Dutch which would've been the language used between KDB and Vertonghen.

De Bruyne can do one for all I care, I'll be glad if this is his last World Cup. Players like Bale, Lewandowski, Davies are so proud to represent their country at a World Cup and give it their all even though they know they won't be world champions. Yet De Bruyne waved the white flag before the tournament even started once it became obvious that we wouldn't really be in contention. Pathetic behavior, and his on-field play has only further proven that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I can just picture KDB turning to try and thread an upfield pass to Hazard, only to realize he’s still behind him, and staring wistfully at the concessions in the stands.
… Or you can picture the actual performances this World Cup with how KDB has been actually passing. Like shite

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Both Courtois and Hazard downplaying everything like nothing happened apart from a "group talk".

They can say anything they want right now but let's see how they react on the pitch on Thursday. Although we're fecked anyway if Martinez insists on Witsel against Modric-Brozovic-Kovacic.

World Game

Age of Belgium's starting 11 against Morocco:

----------30----------
31---33---35---26
-------21---33------
---31---31---29---
----------29----------

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Age of Belgium's starting 11 against Morocco:

----------30----------
31---33---35---26
-------21---33------
---31---31---29---
----------29----------
Belgium are a small nation who are at the end of their cycle with a golden generation. That line up, whilst old, is understandable.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I think KdB is a fantastic player, one of the very best midfielders in world football and nearly unplayable on his day... However when things aren't going his way his attitude stinks, hands in the air , bitching at teammates and sulking.

Had he had more leadership qualities/ abilities I think he may have achieved more (he's obviously still achieved loads) over his career.

The man just isn't captain material.
I honestly think sometimes that Mourinho was the last coach to understand real match going fans from a emotional point; although equally someone who missed the move to the cult of stats and personality that infects football in the present.

People hammer him for his handling of KDB but to some extent, without the benefit of hindsight, he was right about him. He just doesn't care enough about the game to persevere when the chips are down.

Sure, KDB has everything technically, but his attitude just isn't there when things get tough.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Best player in the PL but only because of Pep and the system he plays. As we have seen in this World Cup when hes not surrounded by the same quality he is t the same player. His passing is so off, really disappointed with him thought hed be one of the best players at the tournament

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
This sounds exactly how he behaved at Chelsea. Before he realized his potential. He was diabolically shit, couldn’t even raise his game for a league 2 team and then cried when he was dropped after.
I honestly think sometimes that Mourinho was the last coach to understand real match going fans from a emotional point; although equally someone who missed the move to the cult of stats and personality that infects football in the present.

People hammer him for his handling of KDB but to some extent, without the benefit of hindsight, he was right about him. He just doesn't care enough about the game to persevere when the chips are down.

Sure, KDB has everything technically, but his attitude just isn't there when things get tough.

Yeah it's a testament to his outrageous natural talent (and hard work) that he's achieved so much because I don't see him as the "Captain Fantastic" type of personality who drags their teammates through difficult times.

Which is a pity because if he had that will and determination to win we would be calling him one of the all time greats.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Can't say I'm surprised. Couldn't give a rats ass about Vertonghen or Hazard but De Bruyne seems the type that wants world class players around him and throws a bitch fit whenever things get tough.
Unfortunately for him, there's no Pep at national team level and its impossible to "buy" new players (I mean, you can always poach young ones but still).
Again though, if this was your last, best chance to compete at a World Cup, and you were still in top form, it isn’t about having “world class” players… he is playing with people that have been shipped back to places like Antwerp and the Portuguese league for retirement, or don’t get to play at all (like Eden).

But that didn’t have to be the case. It is t like they didn’t have players like Trossard available. Martinez and Belgium made the active choice to go with players that are past it by a mile.

Specifically, one player in particular.

Make no mistake, 98% of his comment was related specifically to Hazard. I didn’t fancy Belgium’s chances anyway, but playing with Eden is like volunteering to play a man down. And I’m gonna guess KDB is not the only Belgium player that feels this way
… Or you can picture the actual performances this World Cup with how KDB has been actually passing. Like shite
But again… who is he supposed to pass to?

They are essentially playing a man down every time Eden is on the field. The coach and the other Belgian players know this, but no one seems to care. That has to be deflating to any attempt at morale.

My reason for Harping on this is that KDB’s comments have been used as a shield to divert from the conversation of “what was the Belgian FA and Roberto Martinez thinking??”

A generational player, who is still playing top level for a top club, this is his last WC… and they chose to surround him with players who are essentially retired.

phelans shorts

Again though, if this was your last, best chance to compete at a World Cup, and you were still in top form, it isn’t about having “world class” players… he is playing with people that have been shipped back to places like Antwerp and the Portuguese league for retirement, or don’t get to play at all (like Eden).

But that didn’t have to be the case. It is t like they didn’t have players like Trossard available. Martinez and Belgium made the active choice to go with players that are past it by a mile.

Make no mistake, 98% of his comment was related specifically to Hazard. I didn’t fancy Belgium’s chances anyway, but playing with Eden is like volunteering to play a man down. And I’m gonna guess KDB is not the only Belgium player that feels this way

They are essentially playing a man down every time Eden is on the field. The coach and the other Belgian players know this, but no one seems to care. That has to be deflating to any attempt at morale.

My reason for Harping on this is that KDB’s comments have been used as a shield to divert from the conversation of “what was the Belgian FA and Roberto Martinez thinking??”

A generational player, who is still playing top level for a top club, this is his last WC… and they chose to surround him with players who are essentially retired.
I’ll be honest, I stopped at the suggestion he’s in top form. He was garbage for weeks leading up to the tournament and has carried on at that level.

Kazi

Biggest problem is he’s not a leader who can drag his team to a win, like Modric has been

Zen86

Its not like Belgium had a poor team the last 6 years or so, he could do a lot worse.
Yeah weird comment. Belgium have been abysmal relative to how much quality they’ve had in their squad in recent years.

Skills

Snitch
He strolls around. I wonder how much distance he covered compare to Modric

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
If Carrasco or Lukaku score we're talking about KDB's amazing through ball to set it up.

Goes to show you how fickle football can be.

RedDevilMachine

This 100%. It's a joke that Eden Hazard is even included in the squad when he is semi-retired. Surely they can't do any worse than replacing him with Trossard. Not saying they will go deep in the World Cup but definitely would have a much better chance of getting out of their group.

Pickle85

I’ll be honest, I stopped at the suggestion he’s in top form. He was garbage for weeks leading up to the tournament and has carried on at that level.
Eh? He had a cracking goal and three assists in the three games before it.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Hazard is there to check out the local food, someone has to do it, might as well be him.

gibers

Modric outperforming him again. KdB at this point is an EPL merchant. City have already shown they can win a league without him. Ultimate luxury player and a ball loss merchant. Modric is still the best MF in the world by some distance.

KeanoMagicHat

Modric outperforming him again. KdB at this point is an EPL merchant. City have already shown they can win a league without him. Ultimate luxury player and a ball loss merchant. Modric is still the best MF in the world by some distance.
The xG for the teams were 0.8 vs 3.29. Lukaku alone had double xG of Croatia in that game.

Weird response to a match where after Croatia should be out. Modric is not the best midfielder in the world these days.

tjb

I like KDB, but you raised an important point you would think people on a United forum would fully understand. Players like him and Bruno take risks and are the creative hubs of a team. People act like Debruyne is more tidy than Bruno is, yet the difference is that one has a team behind him ( like any top team should be) that can win back the ball when lost in high positions. United haven't been able to do this for a while, so when Bruno loses it, it can turn into a counter attack, where KDB's will get recovered for his next action.

This world cup should be a massive learning experience for some of our fans if they pay attention. Argentina can go from looking horrendous to a decent outfit with one change in midfield. Despite having KDB, Belgium can't win or create chances due to not having a strong enough build up to support KDB. Possession football doesn't equate to victories and France are and should have been proof that a midblock allows spaces to open up in attack. In fact, speaking of France, changing Vertout and Fofana for Griezmann and Rabiot (both from game to game and the change in tempo and play when they came on) should educate people on how a few midfield changes can completely alter how a team moves the ball. Tchouemeni played, but when surrounded by rubbish, he couldn't carry them, which is what Pogba had to deal with at United. Losing Neymar as a no.10 changed how sharp Brazil looked, adding Fred made them look slightly mediocre despite the talent around him. Germany and Spain having a no.9 made their attacks way more effective. Germany struggling to pin teams back due to lack of full backs show's their importance.

My point here is that, despite how much people glorify managers, players matter. In the modern game, depth matters too. Bruno would be considered the best no.10 in the world, maybe even a top 5 player in the right scenario. KDB who is viewed as the best player in the premier league would be viewed differently if he played for our United sides over the last 10 years. Doesn't matter if you have Hansi Flick, LVG etc, if you don't have the players, you won't play well.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
The xG for the teams were 0.8 vs 3.29. Lukaku alone had double xG of Croatia in that game.

Weird response to a match where after Croatia should be out. Modric is not the best midfielder in the world these days.
Yeah Belgium created a lot today, but Modric was superb, and showed amazing leadership skills, and capacity to bring the ball forward. Still looks so fit for his age, and he just glides with the ball at his feet. Croatia lacked a cutting edge upfront in properly creating, notably cos of poor crossing or loose final balls, but he was great.