Kevin De Bruyne

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Guardiola reinventing him could turn out to be a masterstroke. His pass for Sterling's 2nd was reminiscent of Xavi's trademark through balls to Alves. He'll never be able to control the midfield in the same way but if he can improve that side of his game he could become the best player in the league. Such a well-rounded player.

AshRK

Top top player. One could even argue he is the best premier league player. He is everything that you want from an attacking midfielder. Only wish mkhi and mata were consistent like him.

Bestietom

I would't mind Silva, De Bruyne, Jesus, in our side. Mata and Mkhitaryan are not consistent enough.

Mata is too easy to shake off the ball and never wins the ball back.

Mkhitaryan can carry the ball but makes the wrong decision too often this season. Looks sometimes as if he is trying too hard to impress.
With Pogba out I was expecting more from him, he has to take more control of games.

Treble

He is quicker than I thought which gives them more pace in midfield. And he is capable to alternate safe passes (keep possession) and through balls which is a great quality. Should add goals to his game though.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We made a massive mistake in not trying to sign him when he was available. We’ve made so many mistakes in the market it’s hard to swallow really. Hazard, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero and possibly Jesus should never have been allowed to sign for our rivals without a serious fight. The easiest way to become dominant in a league is to make sure your rivals don’t get absolute top class potential and we’ve let that happen too easily in the last 6-7 years.

Yes, we can’t sign every single player I’m not saying we should but when it’s obvious a player would be perfect and all those players were then it’s madness when it doesn’t even look like we pursue them. We’ve made great signings ourselves since Mourinho came in but a director of football would allow us to consistently pick up these players regardless of manager preference which has cost us them in the past.

IrishRedDevil

I dread to think how many assists he will get this season but with Sane Stirling aguero jesus and the two silvas around him it a going to be a crazy number
At the minute due to playing deep he is more involved with assisting the assist. David Silva is getting a healthy number of assists.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Classical Mechanic

Thunderhead

Supports
City
At the minute due to playing deep he is more involved with assisting the assist. David Silva is getting a healthy number of assists.
this, the pass for Sane for to square for Sterling was a simple lovely weighted pass but the chip to Aguero to square for sterling's 2nd was brilliant, Palace had every player in front of him but he still made the pass look so easy

Initially I wasn't convinced by him playing deeper but he's getting better and better, his workrate has improved and he's putting in far more tackles to win the ball back early

redom

Those attacking players must love him, to know you have someone that has consistently excellent delivery and vision must make it a lot less frustrating to continually make runs as you know more often than not he's going to see you and have the ability to pick you out. He has very high quality and is generally very reliable with it so putting him in midfield where that consistency can be utilised more seems to be paying off for them, also would it be fair to say he excels more at the 20-40 yard type passes to pick out runs rather than the cute 5-15 yard passes that someone like Silva is so good at in and around the box? if yes then playing a bit deeper allows him more chances to play those types of passes too.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
He's the best crosser of the ball I've seen since Beckham. What he needs to do now is to do it all season. IIRC, he was excellent in the first handful of games last season, then City started to drop points and his performances dropped off with it. The really great players give you an 8 out of 10 week in, week out, for years. He's got the ability, but he needs to show that he has the mentality.

CechMate1

Supports
Chelsea
To think that we could have had an attack consisting of Hazard, Morata and De Bruyne right now....

Letting him go has turned out to be a huge blunder. Guy is an absolute class act and is quickly becoming one of the best in the League

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Very eager to see how De Bruyne and the City midfield fare vs Chelsea and United. If you're Conte or Mourinho you have to try and disrupt De Bruyne from finding his rhythm.

AllezLesDiables

I'd say he is Better than hazard - hazard is merely flashy; de bryune can completely take out 4 defenders with a pass.
Different styles of play. De Bruyne = Fabregas Hazard = Iniesta.

Hazard is the player you need to break the 10 man bunker with tight dribbling control.

De Bruyne is the guy who breaks the 10 bunker with his crosses.

Both are deadly on the counter.

God forbid they can ever sync up for Belgium. The problem is that they are both architect type players who set up an attack foundation but don't always get the assist or goal despite making the play possible.

Hazard has the greatest gravity in the PL, which creates much more space for his teammates.

padr81

Supports
Man City
To think that we could have had an attack consisting of Hazard, Morata and De Bruyne right now....

Letting him go has turned out to be a huge blunder. Guy is an absolute class act and is quickly becoming one of the best in the League
Roberto Martinez has pretty much that right now except with Lukaku for Morata, plus Mertens and Carrasco for good measure.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'd say he is Better than hazard - hazard is merely flashy; de bryune can completely take out 4 defenders with a pass.
I can accept KDB being better, i don't agree myself but it's hardly a controversial opinion. But you let yourself down saying Hazard is merely flashy, that makes it sound like he's one of them showpony's who is pleasing on the eye but his moves don't actually tend to get the team anywhere, which is the total opposite of the truth. That statement would be more applicable to Charly Musonda.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I can accept KDB being better, i don't agree myself but it's hardly a controversial opinion. But you let yourself down saying Hazard is merely flashy, that makes it sound like he's one of them showpony's who is pleasing on the eye but his moves don't actually tend to get the team anywhere, which is the total opposite of the truth. That statement would be more applicable to Charly Musonda.
Incredible really.

Hazard is such an effective dribbler with the space he creates alone with his movement and dribbling. The two players are hardly comparable

haram

Hazard is more than just 'merely flashy'.

I do think Hazard & De Bruyne are the top 2 players in the league though.

Home&Away

I kinda misworded it & didn't mean that hazard as a player is only 'flashy' but that the comparison of de bryune against hazard might seem better for Hazard because he does things in a more technical way. Hazard is a great player - though what I am seeing with de bryune as a player is ever since he dropped deeper is a player who applies pressure consistently with every manoeuvre - from a pass from deep, a cross from a wider area and now even a tackle - it's sometimes like seeing de bryune is chucking darts in to a board and nearly every throw these days is applying pressure to the opposition until they eventually break.

Don't get me wrong Hazard can do that too even though he plays higher up now; it's just something I've noticed of de bryune.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Imagine him whipping those balls in for big Rom...
This still infuriates me. He could have been doing that alongside Hazard without us paying a penny in transfer fees if Jose hadn't bizarrely let two of the best future talents in the PL leave for next to nothing. Biggest black mark on his Chelsea record (well second biggest after the Eva thing).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This still infuriates me. He could have been doing that alongside Hazard without us paying a penny in transfer fees if Jose hadn't bizarrely let two of the best future talents in the PL leave for next to nothing. Biggest black mark on his Chelsea record (well second biggest after the Eva thing).
Or they would be doing that for some other club on loan.

GrandJury

I've seen Hazard carry Chelsea to a Premier League title.

I've yet to see KDB carry Man City to a Title.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Hazard > De Bruyne for me.

His ability to beat players and create space and his off-the-ball movement set him apart IMO (also a little bit more of a goal threat and quicker).

Both top players though, outstanding vision in both and the ability to pick a perfect pass to put a team-mate through on goal. The PL is lucky to have them both.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Chelsea would have had the best attack in the premier league had they held on to KdB.

ZAGREB RED

If there was a choice of getting any one City player in at OT, it would either be him or Aguero.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Modern day david beckham, alhough i do think bekham was just a shade better and more consistent. Still best right foot in the league since goldenballs.