"key players"

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
so who are these "key players" I keep hearing about? Keane, Gaza, Heinze? They wouldn't have changed anything tonight.

The truth is we don't have the right players nor the formation to score goals. Players that do have some tallent are out of position. Others are dead wood. We need to scrap a third place this season, and than hope there is enough money in the bag for two class midfielders in their prime in the summer. We cannot afford to "grow" players like Fletcher in a position as important as center midfield.

anyone know what the CL table looks like?

CheadleBeagle

I think Gaza and Heinze would have been much stronger in defence and Giggs may have made a difference. But why or why was Richardson on ahead of Park? Park nearly scored and should have been on from the first. I don't want to ever see Fletcher again. HE is terrible and Smith needs to be a striker not a midfielder. I think we are 3rd now in the table and will have to win the next 2 games.

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
Whiteside said:
were third - and by the way are you serious?
yes, I'm pretty serious. Gaza or Heinze were not going to score any goals tonight.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Keane can pass, so there an immediate differance, theres just no quality to the passing from the midfield

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
CheadleBeagle said:
I think Gaza and Heinze would have been much stronger in defence and Giggs may have made a difference. But why or why was Richardson on ahead of Park? Park nearly scored and should have been on from the first. I don't want to ever see Fletcher again. HE is terrible and Smith needs to be a striker not a midfielder. I think we are 3rd now in the table and will have to win the next 2 games.
I agree, I hope that Fergie ends this Smith experiment sooner rather than later. I supported it in the beginning, but it's clear it's not working. Smith didn't pick up Acimovic coming from the midfield for that goal. He was quite a few steps behind.

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
atomic keane said:
but we would have probably not conceded
the fault for the goal rests squarely on Smith's shoulders..

Keane might have prevented it though. Stil our reliance on Keane (even though we have known it for years) has been fully exposed. When he retires at the end of the season, Fergie will have to buy two new midfielders and switch to 442

hypercrawl

Mozza said:
theres just no quality to the passing from the midfield

was there actually a midfield playing tonight? Ruud was getting the ball at the halfway line most of the time (when he got it at all) surely that's a bit of a clue that something's not right.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
hypercrawl said:
was there actually a midfield playing tonight? Ruud was getting the ball at the halfway line most of the time (when he got it at all) surely that's a bit of a clue that something's not right.
Thats another thing that annoys me, what happend to pressing teams high up the pitch, its risky, but if you can win it high up the pitch your in a better position to take advantage of it.