Keys & Gray in Sexism Row

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I tell you what, you are completely bonkers. You've just gone ahead and branded a lot of people 'sexist', because they don't agree with you. I'd be very offended to be branded a sexist by anybody. Take a step back and have a read of this thread. Everybody has been critical of both Andy Gray and Richard Keys and I believe everybody agreed to their sacking. But it's also true that there's possibly a strong possibility of their behavior being encouraged during their time at Sky and they got fired because the clips got out in the public domain, not because the Sky bosses wanted to weed out sexism in their offices.

I personally think this matter was closed after Sky fired them and I couldn't care any less if they got hired again. But that's my personal view. You're welcome to stick to your own view, but that doesn't make a sexist.
Bang. On.

Their feet aren't give the same opportunities to grow.
Sexist pig. I've reported this post.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
I tell you what, you are completely bonkers. You've just gone ahead and branded a lot of people 'sexist', because they don't agree with you. I'd be very offended to be branded a sexist by anybody. Take a step back and have a read of this thread. Everybody has been critical of both Andy Gray and Richard Keys and I believe everybody agreed to their sacking. But it's also true that there's possibly a strong possibility of their behavior being encouraged during their time at Sky and they got fired because the clips got out in the public domain, not because the Sky bosses wanted to weed out sexism in their offices.

I personally think this matter was closed after Sky fired them and I couldn't care any less if they got hired again. But that's my personal view. You're welcome to stick to your own view, but that doesn't make a sexist.
I just clicked on this thread on Page72, saw the start of your post and I knew the person to whom you were speaking. Alex99 posts the most annoying, cnutish drivel on this forum. Jiminy Cricket99 - that should be his username.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
The physical differences between men and women are inherent in the sexes.

It's science.

(thought this was in the general!)

Last edited:

Kag

I don't know who is the biggest, least funny wanker, Richards Keys or Jonathan Liew?

I read the title of the article, realised it was from the Telegraph, and knew suddenly it was that twat Liew. He wrote that weird Ferguson/Moyes phone call thing the other week. Somebody else must have read that travesty?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Why are all of Keys' paragraphs one sentence long.

EDIT:
Feck me. Most Caftards write better posts.

It's crunch time for those who make the decisions at Manchester United.

On the one hand - they've just lost a C Lge tie. No big deal.

They've 90 mins to put it right in the second leg at OT. They've done it before. So why not?

But - not since 1984 have they overturned a 2-0 first leg deficit in the KO stages of a Cup competition.

They'd lost 2-0 to Barca in the CWC but won the return 3-0 on a famous night at Old Trafford. Bryan Robson led the charge.

This time it's only Olympiakos. Only?The same team from Greece that's just inflicted one of their most humiliating nights in Europe?

On a ground where Fulham, Newcastle, Stoke and WBA, amongst others, have all nicked something this season.

So what do those who make the decisions at Old Trafford do next?

Option 1 is plough on. Back David Moyes with all they've got, whatever the short term consequences. And it WILL get worse before it gets better if they do that.

Option 2 - change it. Now. I'd be gutted for David if they did that. But they might have to.

Alan Shearer was with us at BeIN Sports tonight and said he believes the players have 'downed tools'.

'I can't think of another reason for such a poor performance', he added. Didi Hamann, a C Lge winner, agreed.

And if they change it - then what?Well - how about they put Ryan Giggs in? To work with who?

Well - I can think of a couple of very good coaches - Utd men - currently unemployed and available. Meulenstein and Phelan?

Those who follow these blogs will know I've had a lot to say on the subject of Utd this season. I've called it as I've seen it. And I don't think I've been too far wrong

I repeat - I'd love to see David Moyes succeed. He's a good guy. And British coaching needs him to.

I don't blame him for everything that's gone wrong. Fergie has to take his fair share of criticism. Nothing he's done since 'retiring' has helped David.

But on the subject of Meulenstein and Phelan. I said at the time it was a bad idea to clean out the backroom staff.

Putting Giggs in charge might be the first step to remedying that? Daft idea?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I don't know who is the biggest, least funny wanker, Richards Keys or Jonathan Liew?

I read the title of the article, realised it was from the Telegraph, and knew suddenly it was that twat Liew. He wrote that weird Ferguson/Moyes phone call thing the other week. Somebody else must have read that travesty?
I remember that. Absolutely mental that it made was considered good enough to use on a newspaper's website.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I remember that. Absolutely mental that it made was considered good enough to use on a newspaper's website.
I couldn't believe it, The Telegraph of all papers, I'm 99% sure it was nicked from the United Facebook page comments.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Men are better suited to physical work than women.
On average. Unless it involves fine motor skills.

What those two dickheads were doing was belittling her abilities as a ref based in her gender and not on her ability to do the job. They weren't talking physically but resorting in effect to "women are too stupid to understand the offside rule". And when public figure perpetuate such sexist nonsense it does contribute to gender inequality. How can it not? The fact that so many in here seem to think it is meaningless in this context shows this.

Imagine if they had been dismissing someone based on skin colour? Would we then be saying that this didn't contribute to racism and racial inequality? I think not.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
On average. Unless it involves fine motor skills.

What those two dickheads were doing was belittling her abilities as a ref based in her gender and not on her ability to do the job. They weren't talking physically but resorting in effect to "women are too stupid to understand the offside rule". And when public figure perpetuate such sexist nonsense it does contribute to gender inequality. How can it not? The fact that so many in here seem to think it is meaningless in this context shows this.

Imagine if they had been dismissing someone based on skin colour? Would we then be saying that this didn't contribute to racism and racial inequality? I think not.
They were rightly fired for it and nobody's disputing that. As far as I'm concerned, them being punished is the end of it.

What has it anything to do with a new clip conveniently aired when Andy Gray goes and lands a job with a rival station? I didn't actively campaign for their employment, but if BT sees fit to give Andy Gray a job, so be it. Are you telling me that anyone who ever made a sexist remark can never work in this world? Then we might as well all resign.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Where did I say anything about any of the things you mention in your second sentence?

My first two sentences commented on men's and women's suitability for physical work. The rest of my posts dealt with the issue at large.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yeah, this thread went off in a very unnecessary tangent.

I don't think anyone really disputed that their remarks were sexist.

Did they deserve to be fired? A lot of professions probably wouldn't see you fired for that kind of comment but they're in one that would so they can have no complaints.

Should they have been given another job? That's really down to whoever decides to hire them. If people don't like it they don't have to tune in, I'm sure their employers have to factor that negative publicity into account.

The fact that it appeared to be deliberately leaked was sly but the simple solution to that from their point of view is to not say such stupid things when you're in a position to be recorded.

Not sure what a weird debate over whether men and women are biologically different had to do with anything.

Tarrou

That keys blog was actually better than I expected. He does talk a bit of sense but it's pretty boring stuff and not well written at all. How anyone could claim it's the best thing on the internet with a straight face is anyone's guess. Makes me think he's hired a publicist to try and get him a job back in the UK, or at least lift his reputation off the floor.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Where did I say anything about any of the things you mention in your second sentence?

My first two sentences commented on men's and women's suitability for physical work. The rest of my posts dealt with the issue at large.
What's the difference between 'belittling her abilities as a ref' as opposed to 'her ability to do the job'. Her job was to perform the role of the referee in the match anyway? The physicality of the debate was being argued by Alex99 which was totally irrelevant to this debate. Whether she was physically capable or not, the remarks were sexist and they were rightfully fired and we all agreed and condemned Keys and Grays when they got fired.

I have no clue of what you are trying to say here. You quoted my post and posted something, but I never disagreed that they were not sexist and I also many times over stated that they are correctly let go. We were discussing the convenient nature of a second new clip releasedleaked by Sky when Gray was appointed by BT. There were some valid points for discussion, till some wannabe feminist hijacked the thread with a load of bollocks.