Khedira

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If we can get him for a free or next to nothing, then I don't see why not. Would be good cover for our midfield and is very experienced.

Devil may care

We should only be buying to improve the starting 11, not buying a jack of all trades master of none CM who is motivated solely by money at this point.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
We should only be buying to improve the starting 11, not buying a jack of all trades master of none CM who is motivated solely by money at this point.
People get injured, he isn't as bad as you say, but I dont know how he'd adapt to the league personally and wouldn't take the risk, but hes been decent so far, sometimes very good...

Devil may care

People get injured, he isn't as bad as you say, but I dont know how he'd adapt to the league personally and wouldn't take the risk, but hes been decent so far, sometimes very good...
They do but I'd rather have a world class new #8 with Fellaini ready to step in when him or Ander got injured than buy this mercenary.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Khedira?

Van Gaal did not want him at Bayern in 2010/11...
And he most likely would not want him now.
He's a pretty big crock these days, also. It'd be a silly, silly signing on our behalf.

Kant-ona

To summarize the stories German newspapers were reporting over the last weeks: Schalke wants him desperatly - but Khedira seems to wait if a bigger club is interested.

Blackwidow

To summarize the stories German newspapers were reporting over the last weeks: Schalke wants him desperatly - but Khedira seems to wait if a bigger club is interested.
The newest story is that he is No.1 on the wish list Tuchel has who seems to a contract with Dortmund on his table he just has to sign. He knows Khedira from his time at Stuttgart where he was youth coach.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The newest story is that he is No.1 on the wish list Tuchel has who seems to a contract with Dortmund on his table he just has to sign. He knows Khedira from his time at Stuttgart where he was youth coach.
That will facilitate Gundogan's transfer to Man Utd.

bucky

Khedira at defensive midfield would be a disaster in Dortmund's team.
But he would keep Gündogan or Sahin out? Yeah right. There's no other way for him to get into that midfield.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
But he would keep Gündogan or Sahin out? Yeah right. There's no other way for him to get into that midfield.
Well, I meant he'd replace Gundogan, which is as close as it gets to his actual role.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Well, I meant he'd replace Gundogan, which is as close as it gets to his actual role.
I don't see Khedira as a Gündogan replacement. They might more or less operate in similar regions of the pitch but their style differs a lot imo.
Sahin Gündogan (if he stays and regains form) and Khedira could be a lovely 3man midfield though.
If those numbers from Bild are even remotely true then I'd be surprised if Dortmund go for him. Reus supposedly earns €8m which is most likely the absolute limit for Dortmund atm and his recent injury problems should also keep them from spending so much money on him

Last edited:

Annahnomoss

Khedira doesn't suit us too well unfortunately. He's sort of a luxury balance player considering he rarely wins the ball back himself, his positional discipline isn't perfect and his passing isn't great either.

Sounds weird to follow that up with the fact that I think he definitely deserves to play for a top team though. Atletico maybe? Or Liverpool. Not sure that he can attract those clubs though if he doesn't lower his demands.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
He can feck off, don't want him at Liverpool.

He's an average player who is demanding wages of a world class star, no thanks.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I just read that Khedira has a deal with United, did the Sun or DM write about that these last days?

Status
Not open for further replies.