Kieran McKenna | Close to signing long term deal to stay at Ipswich

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I’ve never seen Ipswich win a league title; if it doesn’t happen this year then I really doubt I ever will!
I guess you're on the side of supporters who badly want to win the title next week? (From what I can gather it seems 50/50 from both your and Argyle fanbases of who really want that cherry on top and who only really care about promotion and see the title as a bonus).

I think you may get it tbh as Argyle have a pretty poor record vs Port Vale (no win in nearly 20 years all be it only 8 games) and I feel you are the most likely of the two to make a bid for back to back promotions, Plymouth's ceiling I feel is the Rotherham/Peterbrough yo yo life unfortunately.

pacifictheme

Plymouth are a championship / league 1 team historically. Think they had a real chance of the prem under Holloway until he absolutely fecked them.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Plymouth are a championship / league 1 team historically. Think they had a real chance of the prem under Holloway until he absolutely fecked them.
They fell right down after Championship relegation and nearly dropped out of the football league full stop and were close to doing a Bury.

I don't think they will financially gamble for a PL place which will mean they won't be able to compete with teams living of parachute payments and PL relegation reward money.

Munkehboi

A win next week would see them at 100 points and 100 goals scored. Pretty incredible to play 46 league games with only 4 defeats and still not be top. Well done McKenna. The sort of football and form he has Ipswich playing will turn a few heads if it hasn't already. Might be difficult for them to hold on to him.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
A win next week would see them at 100 points and 100 goals scored. Pretty incredible to play 46 league games with only 4 defeats and still not be top. Well done McKenna. The sort of football and form he has Ipswich playing will turn a few heads if it hasn't already. Might be difficult for them to hold on to him.
Definitely a future United manager.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Fair play to him, great to see that footage of the players throwing him up in the air.

mikeyt

They fell right down after Championship relegation and nearly dropped out of the football league full stop and were close to doing a Bury.

I don't think they will financially gamble for a PL place which will mean they won't be able to compete with teams living of parachute payments and PL relegation reward money.
As an Argyle / United fan, it was heartbreaking to see how financially we were mis-managed. We've got a really competent board now and have actually made money to the point that we've been signing players rather than just a load of loan deals. Plus we're now investing massively in the infrastructure of the club including new training ground etc. All that being said, staying up next season will be incredible. Just buzzing we've made it back to the 2nd tier.

pacifictheme

Yeah I am well aware. Lived in Devon pretty much my whole life and follow them as a second team.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
As an Argyle / United fan, it was heartbreaking to see how financially we were mis-managed. We've got a really competent board now and have actually made money to the point that we've been signing players rather than just a load of loan deals. Plus we're now investing massively in the infrastructure of the club including new training ground etc. All that being said, staying up next season will be incredible. Just buzzing we've made it back to the 2nd tier.
Feels weird seeing another Argyle fan on here. Were you at the game earlier?

Munkehboi

Huge for Ipswich and really pleased for them with sounds of interest around Celtic and Leicester going for him. Think he will be backed in the Championship and push for promotion.

Borninthe80ts

Do we know how he tactics and style of play has progressed? I know youth football is different but his time with the under 18s impressed me. Oversaw the best youth football I think I’ve seen us play at that level for a while.

Stig

Has won 15 of the last 17 matches , with goals of 49-5 , or something mad and close to that.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Future England manager i reckon.

IRN-BRUno

Carrick gets more attention but I think McKenna will go on to be the better manager of the two. I'd expect Ipswich to have a similar kind of season to Sunderland last year, in and around the play-offs but not quite at the level needed for promotion.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i’m worried mckenna is just hypnotising us into thinking he’s getting good results.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
3 wins on the bounce to start the new season, 21 match unbeaten run, happy days!
Can’t see him staying here for too long if he keeps this up though.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He'll get a PL offer soon, although for his sake he'd probably be better off staying and trying to lead Ipswich to another promotion this season.

Lecland07

Look what can happen when you get out from under reigns of a crap manager.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
vs Cardiff

53’ 0-2 down
78’ 3-2 up

Now hold on to it!
Very satisfying coming from 2-0 down, well done to KM and the team!

We're back in the automatic promotion spots, but I think it might be a bridge too far. When we came up against a genuinely high quality front 3 vs Leeds, it was apparent we would struggle to keep them out. Here's hoping Tuanzebe does well on trial and can help shore us up.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Very satisfying coming from 2-0 down, well done to KM and the team!

We're back in the automatic promotion spots, but I think it might be a bridge too far. When we came up against a genuinely high quality front 3 vs Leeds, it was apparent we would struggle to keep them out. Here's hoping Tuanzebe does well on trial and can help shore us up.
It’s five games in anyway. Just enjoy the ride and perhaps in March you can start looking at the table and what is possible.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
It’s five games in anyway. Just enjoy the ride and perhaps in March you can start looking at the table and what is possible.

Yeah exactly, that post came across more pessimistically than I actually feel. Right now we are 2nd, selling out every home match, still in the League Cup, and *virtually* everything McKenna touches turns to gold

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Yeah exactly, that post came across more pessimistically than I actually feel. Right now we are 2nd, selling out every home match, still in the League Cup, and *virtually* everything McKenna touches turns to gold
Happy days!