Kieran McKenna | Ipswich manager

Chipper

Adulterer.
Wow, that was a spanking. Leeds are in really good form apart from losing against Sunderland recently, their only defeat in 10. Beat Leicester in November too. Still, you don't exactly want to be losing 4-0.

Leeds and Southampton putting some pressure back on now.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Wow, that was a spanking. Leeds are in really good form apart from losing against Sunderland recently, their only defeat in 10. Beat Leicester in November too. Still, you don't exactly want to be losing 4-0.

Leeds and Southampton putting some pressure back on now.
Could have been a lot more too,
They have Leicester next who are also flying, good chance for McKenna to get them back on track.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I was really impressed with Ipswich when we beat them 4-3 at Portman Road. We had much better and far more clinical forwards but they generally dictated the tempo of the game and looked dangerous every time they came forward. They didn't really deserve to lose.

They were a pale imitation today. We turned up, they didn't. Happens. Mckenna strikes me as an excellent manager though. Still think we and Southampton will have a hard time catching them in the long run.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Only 1 win in their last 5 and a disappointing draw with basement dwelling QPR.

Face three tough fixtures in the league away at an improving Stoke, home to an improving Sunderland and away at run away favourites for the title Leicester.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Had a lot of first team players out tonight TBF but that was one of the worst games I've ever seen live.

Williams was comically bad and Ladapo is not even a Championship level striker.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I was at Leicester as well on Boxing Day and that was a much better game. You can say they were lucky with the non penalty and deflected equaliser but they dominated them 2nd half.

I think Southampton will catch them soon and the play offs look like their best chance of promotion. Without investment though they'd be worse than Sheffield United/Luton.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Had a lot of first team players out tonight TBF but that was one of the worst games I've ever seen live.

Williams was comically bad and Ladapo is not even a Championship level striker.
So injured players does impact the performance of the team. Ok, understood how football works.

Munkehboi

There's clearly still a lot of Leauge One standard of players in that squad so it will be intersting to see how he manages injuries and suspensions now. A real test of his squad and tactical management during this busy period. I've changed my mind and now feel they will fall short of automatic promotion as will Leeds. Leicester and Southampton are my top two now and Leeds to win via play offs. That said, it's still a huge achievement for him to be up there this season in only his 2nd full season as a manager.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
The board’s top candidate for the Palace job from what I’ve heard. Would imagine it’d only be a goer at the end of the season and only if they don’t get promoted, would agree that Saints will catch them and they’ll be in the play-offs.

Would be excited by it if it happened. At least one of Guehi, Olise or Eze will go so there will be plenty of money to spend.

Borninthe80ts

If Ipswich don’t get promoted I would like to see him at a mid table team like Palace who have some good young players and a youth academy with players in the England youth teams. If as suggested above they do have some money to spend it could be interesting.
Next rung on the ladder hopefully.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The board’s top candidate for the Palace job from what I’ve heard. Would imagine it’d only be a goer at the end of the season and only if they don’t get promoted, would agree that Saints will catch them and they’ll be in the play-offs.

Would be excited by it if it happened. At least one of Guehi, Olise or Eze will go so there will be plenty of money to spend.
Would definitely be interesting to see him in the PL, he makes a lot of sense for Palace.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Did anyone watch it? Wtf happened?
Maidstone scored two in two chances, arguably a foul in the build up for the second. Ipswich missed loads of chances. Apparently they made a lot of changes which has probably got something to do with it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Trailing again and heading towards 1 win in 9 league games plus getting embarrassed by a non-league team. They'll still get playoffs because they have the points on the board but they've been really bad for a couple of months.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Trailing again and heading towards 1 win in 9 league games plus getting embarrassed by a non-league team. They'll still get playoffs because they have the points on the board but they've been really bad for a couple of months.
Was somewhat inevitable to be fair, the squad he’s got is miles off the likes of Southampton, Leicester, Leeds and a few others. Would love him at Palace.

sugar_kane

It seems to happen every year in the championship, there is one runaway team but the rest of the top half can go on insanely bad or insanely good runs.

He’s still doing fantastically well all things considered, hope he gets them promoted. Not just because he’s an ex red but because I’d like to see a different team from the usual lot make it.

Samid

Spared their blushes extremely late on against the worst team in the division. But 3 wins on the bounce and back in the race for 2nd. Saints lost and Leeds are facing leaders Leicester this week so could be a great week for Ipswich.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Three points behind league leaders, two points ahead of Leeds in third position, five points ahead So’ton in fourth. Whatever happens in the run-in, what a season for a promoted side. Playoff spot more or less secured, Norwich in seventh 20 points behind.

Last edited:

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Three points behind league leaders, two points ahead of Leeds in third position, five points ahead So’ton in fourth. Whatever happens in the run-in, what a season for a promoted side. Playoff spot more or less secured, Norwich in seventh 20 points behind.
It’s been an absolute pleasure following Ipswich this last couple of years. KM will be talked about for years to come around these parts, I’m sure: Whatever happens this season we need to recognise that it’s us, a newly promoted side, up against the 3 relegated sides with far far deeper pockets.
If forced to guess I’d still say it’s Leicester and Leeds who are lost likely to be in the automatic spots, but you just never know. There’s no pressure on us. If Kieran McKenna gets us up this season then he’s welcome to a statue alongside Sir Alf and Sir Bobby

AltiUn

It’s been an absolute pleasure following Ipswich this last couple of years. KM will be talked about for years to come around these parts, I’m sure: Whatever happens this season we need to recognise that it’s us, a newly promoted side, up against the 3 relegated sides with far far deeper pockets.
If forced to guess I’d still say it’s Leicester and Leeds who are lost likely to be in the automatic spots, but you just never know. There’s no pressure on us. If Kieran McKenna gets us up this season then he’s welcome to a statue alongside Sir Alf and Sir Bobby
Hopefully you get to enjoy him for a few more seasons, I think PL clubs will come sniffing soon enough. Feels almost inevitable he ends up back at United someday.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Wonder if Ipswich will do the typical thing of sacking their manager after a poor start in the PL even though he's given them back to back promotions (if he gets them there for next season).

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Wonder if Ipswich will do the typical thing of sacking their manager after a poor start in the PL even though he's given them back to back promotions (if he gets them there for next season).
if they get promoted then they’re going to go all the way next year. not bad from a little guy that just puts the cones out.

Samid

6 on the bounce. Late winner tonight.

Leicester have tailed off. Ipswich could actually win the league.

Yagami

Good post resistant
From a selfish POV, I want him to start Sarmiento more. Another great Brighton talent who've I've been keeping an eye on for a few years now after standing out in Brightons youth games. Assisted the winner today.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
From a selfish POV, I want him to start Sarmiento more. Another great Brighton talent who've I've been keeping an eye on for a few years now after standing out in Brightons youth games. Assisted the winner today.
I really like the look of him, he’s hit the ground running and doesn’t get bullied which so many young loanees do when they come to the championship. Will be interesting to see how far he goes.

AltiUn

6 on the bounce. Late winner tonight.

Leicester have tailed off. Ipswich could actually win the league.
Would be some accomplishment given the competition, this has to be one of the best ever Championship seasons, at both ends of the table.

AltiUn

I could see him going to Brighton when De Zerbi moves
Would be a fantastic move for him actually, then to United after a few years of success at Brighton :drool:

macheda14

If they somehow win the championship rather than just get automatic promotion then I say sod it. Do the silly thing and bring him back.

AltiUn

If they somehow win the championship rather than just get automatic promotion then I say sod it. Do the silly thing and bring him back.
We should let him develop, rushing him back prematurely could backfire spectacularly. Especially considering the squad isn’t really that different to the one that cost him his job last time. We’d be sensible to wait and see how he does in the PL and he’d be sensible to wait for us to get a new structure in place.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Phenomenal job. Crazy that he’s three points off first, let alone in a playoff challenge

FizzyWomack

Give him the Utd job? Please. Absolute crazy talk that is. What on earth do you think he's going to do with this squad now? A good bulk of the same dross he had here previously. Best of luck to him and I'd hope we watch from a distance.