Kieron Dyer needs a liver transplant

Rooney24

Best wishes to him. Great player when he was on it. I remember there were rumours at various points that United were after him.

Former England midfielder Kieron Dyer needs to have a liver transplant, his club Ipswich have confirmed.

Dyer, who coaches Ipswich's under-23 side, has primary sclerosing cholangitis and was admitted to hospital on Wednesday for tests.
The 42-year-old former Newcastle, West Ham, QPR and Middlesbrough player has been in his current role for a year.
"Kieron has been managing problems with his liver for the past couple of years," an Ipswich statement said.
Dyer, who won 33 England caps between 1999 and 2007, is now awaiting test results to discover when he will have to undergo his transplant.
"Unfortunately, I was (previously) diagnosed with a condition of the liver that would lead to me one day needing a transplant," he said.
"I see myself as a very positive person that will overcome this minor setback.
"I'm very grateful to the club, supporters and the general public for their messages of support over the past week.
"I would like to ask everyone now to respect my privacy, and my family's privacy."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59110888

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A week ago he was on tv and many people on Twitter were commenting that his eyes were very yellow. Didn’t look well at all

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
CM 01/02 legend, good luck to him.

On a more depressing CM 01/02 note, I found out yesterday that Maxim Tsigalko passed away last year.

C'est Moi Cantona

A week ago he was on tv and many people on Twitter were commenting that his eyes were very yellow. Didn’t look well at all
Yes it was the Newcastle against Spurs, his eyes were so clearly yellow, I just assumed it was a pre existing thing, I wonder if that's what triggered him getting checked out.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Hope he comes through it well. Whenever I think of him I'm always reminded of when a local journalist was going round interviewing the public about Ipswich's poor form and he chose Dyer at the time but was oblivious to the fact he was in the first team.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Great news, and hopefully he's on the mend. Didn't realise he's been going through this for 2 years. That sounds gruelling.

Also didn't realise he was only a few years older than me, I remember him making a name for himself when I was in high school.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Random thought, if K McKenna becomes United manager someday then dyer may be part of the team he brings with him