Kiko Macheda

Wizard Keyaz

Caf's Confucious
To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil
Why do you think he isn't ready? The one time I remember him starting a match was the FA Cup semi when Sir Alex rested most the team.

The fact is we need something to snap us out of our indifferent form of the last 2 games and Kiko is as good an idea as any right now.
True, but the fact is he would not be given that chance not at United ahead of Berba along Berba maybe, I am not a fan of Berba at all but can't really see him doing that well from the get go, yes he will create chances after chances but experience really does kick in.

But for oursakes I hope he is given tht cance as we need another Giggs and co

Name Changed

weso26
In all honesty I'm more excited about Welbeck, that said they both are going to be top notch players
Personally I'm not sure about Welbeck. I think Macheda is technically superior. Macheda really has a bright future. I hope we play him.

Cold_Boy

Really expect and hope he makes it big at United.

He has the arrogance and confidence in him.

dev1l

Really expect and hope he makes it big at United.

He has the arrogance and confidence in him.
and he s incredibly lucky (if Napolean was still around, he would have promoted him immediately to general :lol:)

he scored 3 goals in competitive matches for the first team - one of them a beauty but the other two.....

togg

He is young and needs to be treated carefully and there is only one man for that job, Ferguson. He really knows how to nurture talent. He is a great prospect, he is so strong, great physique for a front player and someone who relies on his instinct which is a huge plus. Ferguson has said that he has rarely been so excited about a players potential...fingers crossed he develops into a formidable player

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Macheda's class and has got a very bright future if he keeps on working at his game.

I'm also fairly confident Welbeck will prove a lot of people on here wrong and become just as important to the club in the long term. He just needs a bit more luck with injuries.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
and he s incredibly lucky (if Napolean was still around, he would have promoted him immediately to general :lol:)

he scored 3 goals in competitive matches for the first team - one of them a beauty but the other two.....
i reckon he did the sunderland one on purpose, either way his good positioning helped him in both so thats a positive thing IMO

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Personally I'm not sure about Welbeck. I think Macheda is technically superior. Macheda really has a bright future. I hope we play him.
Welbeck is, without a doubt, more technical, but Macheda has come a long way in a very short space of time. He really looks to have that Ronaldo-ish sort of mentality about him.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee

He gets himself in the right positions - which we've got to attribute to his movement and reading of the game.

fjred

The lad has the potential to be a great striker one day but he's a long way to go yet. Granted he's scored three goals for us but for two of them I don't think he'd much of a clue what was happening at the time. Still, he's getting himself in the right place and that's a big part of becoming a top goalscorer.
Don't they say of all great goalscorers that they're in the right place at the right time? (however it goes in) Bodes well for the Lad and us.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I would very much like to see Macheda partner Berbatov upfront against Bayern. Macheda has that star quality, he's a frightening prospect in reality - potentially has it all. He reminds me of that United banner for some reason, "Not Arrogant, Just Better."

Ringo 07

Macheda struggling to settle at Man Utd | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

Tribalgay saying that the NOTW printed an article saying Macheda was unsettled at United. Not a sniff of truth in it I would say but if he was unsettled then a swap deal for Jovetic would do me!! Jovetic looks like he has more potential and being from Montenegro probably could handle the cold weather better! He is a couple years older than Kiko too so would probably be ready sooner for the first team!! But Joveic is more of an attacking midfielder so Fergie would have to fork out for another striker too!

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Struggling to settle? Hasn't he been in the country now for 3 years? Surely he'd have brought this up before now not just when he's on the cusp of the first team.

Ferguson

I think it's his size which sets him apart. Rossi had an abundance of technical ability, but he was too similar to Rooney to partner him (true for Tevez too), so we let him go and brought in Berbatov.

He's a big lad, which coupled with his nous for goal is what gives him the greatest chance of succeeding at this club.

All the strikers we have brought in or have made an attempt to get have been either tall or powerful in the air. In hindsight maybe Tevez and Rooney could have partnered one another successfully this year, but you have to build for the long term. Long term the partner for Rooney needs to be someone like Saha or Ruud.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Macheda's first touch gives me nightmares. Apart from that touch v Villa.. its been average to say the least.

I hope its just nerves and not down to a lack of quality.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
hes not been the world beater some people make him out to be.

but sir alex seems to rate him very high, higher than anyone at the club at the moment.

i guess he knows best

SecondFig

Macheda needs to slow down and try not to do too much. Every time I see him he is always trying a dribble, a flick etc.

He may be more effective when he tries less. I think he feels he needs to do another piece of magic like he did against Villa.
Hopefully that's just nerves, and the more he plays for the first team the more he'll learn to do the simple things and to play with a bit of calm and patience. Personally (from watching the reserves) I've been impressed with his progress this year, seems to have added another side to his game and was the creative partner in quite a few matches.

VoetbalWizard

i don't think he's unsettled, but i talked to the lad the day before the CL final in rome and I asked him how he liked manchester..he loves the club, but dislikes the city, the weather, the women, and the food compared to rome.

If he's going off the rails slightly this season, i reckon its due to his injury. that's always tough for young lads to cope with. I still tip him for big things at united, he's the future. He has a winner mentality like ronaldo that you don't find with most.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
i don't think he's unsettled, but i talked to the lad the day before the CL final in rome and I asked him how he liked manchester..he loves the club, but dislikes the city, the weather, the women, and the food compared to rome.

If he's going off the rails slightly this season, i reckon its due to his injury. that's always tough for young lads to cope with. I still tip him for big things at united, he's the future. He has a winner mentality like ronaldo that you don't find with most.
I've a friend who lives in Rome and is going out with an Italian. They're an incredibly insular bunch of people and don't travel well at all. Most Romans he knows don't like food from different parts of Italy, never mind different countries. I think there's one Thai restaurant in the whole of Rome!

I guess it's easier to adapt if you move abroad as young as Kiko did but I doubt he'll ever stop hankering for pasta like mama used to make.

Epic

Macheda struggling to settle at Man Utd | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

Tribalgay saying that the NOTW printed an article saying Macheda was unsettled at United. Not a sniff of truth in it I would say but if he was unsettled then a swap deal for Jovetic would do me!! Jovetic looks like he has more potential and being from Montenegro probably could handle the cold weather better! He is a couple years older than Kiko too so would probably be ready sooner for the first team!! But Joveic is more of an attacking midfielder so Fergie would have to fork out for another striker too!
That's a lot of exclamation marks.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I've a friend who lives in Rome and is going out with an Italian. They're an incredibly insular bunch of people and don't travel well at all. Most Romans he knows don't like food from different parts of Italy, never mind different countries. I think there's one Thai restaurant in the whole of Rome!

I guess it's easier to adapt if you move abroad as young as Kiko did but I doubt he'll ever stop hankering for pasta like mama used to make.
One can't blame them though. Romans are one proud group. Because of their history and heritage.

datura

Macheda's first touch gives me nightmares. Apart from that touch v Villa.. its been average to say the least.

I hope its just nerves and not down to a lack of quality.
Why do you always have to post in superlatives? His touch is fine, and at times exceptional, nothing to keep you awake at night anyway.

He was trying a bit too hard to make an impact on Sunday against a team who who had 10 men behind the ball and was a little sloppy.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Why do you always have to post in superlatives? His touch is fine, and at times exceptional, nothing to keep you awake at night anyway.

He was trying a bit too hard to make an impact on Sunday against a team who who had 10 men behind the ball and was a little sloppy.

His touch in the reserves and in friendly games is fine but whenever he has played for the first team he has struggled with his first touch.

Is he capable of exceptional touches? of course. He has the quick half turns either way and outside of the foot turns, he has it in his locker.. but can he do it consistently under pressure? he hasn't been able to do it so far.. has been very clumsy so far, but he is young and I'm a big fan of him. Just saying, for the future.. its one area he needs to bring up to scratch if he wants to secure a spot in the team.

Apart from his magic goal v Villa, he hasn't really demonstrated any magic against any opposition and I have to be honest I'm quite worried about that... I want to see more from him but I understand he's been injured alot and is still finding his feet.

He's a totally different case to Foster, who doesn't even have the mentality to play for this club. Macheda's mentality is excellent.

Name Changed

weso26
Macheda will be a class player for us. He needs a run of games to get sharp and to get his first touch. No panic with him.