Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

madzo2007

Seems like this was one that United's name was constantly put out there by the Italian press to force other clubs hands. Min Jae wasn't really mentioned by journalists close to the club in the UK which kind of says how interested we actually were.

Going to be a long summer of players being linked and some fans losing their minds that we don't sign them. Don't believe everything you read.

pascell

So Bayern have their own injury prone CBs, but a CB isn't a priority isn't for us when we're trying to offload Maguire and Varane is injury probe himself? And Bayern are the ones who are more successful, couldn't make it up. Only the caf.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I would like him, but I don't particularly care if we get someone like Todibo or Diasi instead.

James35

I would like him, but I don't particularly care if we get someone like Todibo or Diasi instead.
How much would these two cost, can’t say I know much about either. And I mean cost us not other teams. Close to as much as KMJ release clause or a lot cheaper?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How much would these two cost, can’t say I know much about either. And I mean cost us not other teams. Close to as much as KMJ release clause or a lot cheaper?
Supposedly cheaper, but who knows, as the prices fly up when we're involved

bosskeano

a guy this good wiht such a low release clause, you didn't think this would be an easy straightforward transfer????

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
May as well lock this thread. When Bayern come this far through rumours they normally secure the deal.

Frustrating because I really started to imagine him in our defence.

This one is dead in the water. To be fair, Bayern seem to need him more than us with Hernandez and Pavard likely going.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I’m thinking we just aren’t that interested, which is a shame.
Easier to think that than us fumbling a low release clause transfer for a bloody good defender who seems to fit Ten Hag's profile for a CB and allow the suspicion that this farce of a takeover might be affecting our transfer business.

Yeah, I'm going with you. Don't think we were ever in for him either. Mush prefer Disasi because of a valid reason.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If we were truly interested, then the club would've been in talks with the player's camp. As it stands, they never even directly got in touch with his camp despite the interest. The only reason for the reports from semi-reliable reporters (not talking about the Italian newspapers/radio stations) about our "offers" to him would've been through intermediaries talking about what United can potentially offer despite not even getting in touch with the club. See this:

In the end, the club weren't ever interested enough to really get in touch with Kim's camp. That's the reality of the situation. He was just a name who was high up in the CB shortlist and nothing else. The only transfers that United's active in are a new striker (Højlund/Kolo Muani) and Mount.

Telsim

I'm incredibly disappointed, but I guess I should have grown used to it by now with our transfer windows.

Dominos

Yes. But that profile of CB shouldn’t be a 26 year old who will cost 50m, expects to start every game and is on 9m a year. Harry Maguire started 8 EPL games last year - why are we spending at best 20m more than what we sell him for to replace him when we desperately need what we need elsewhere? If we had an unlimited budget then absolutely - get him in - but we don’t. A right footed CB better than Lindelof to cover/challenge Varane isn’t a higher priority this season than a top striker, Eriksen upgrade, top GK, Casemiro cover or even another striker - a cheaper younger profile makes far more sense to allow us to fill the other positions.
Nearly every half decent players costs us £50+m though. Look at the money spent on Fred, Maguire, AWB... I'd love for us to go get a good CB for £15m and use the funds elsewhere but we can't get a good deal to save our lives.

Dominos

So which is it? Should we buy KMJ even before selling Maguire? Or buying him only if we manage to sell Maguire?
Or maybe have other options line up (such as Disasi or Todibo as reported this week)?

You’re basically exposing the situation that was reported in the media. United are interested, but will only go for him IF Maguire is sold. If KMJ is not available, then they have other targets identified.

I get that people are unhappy because a target is chosing another club, but criticising United for the sake of it when what they are doing actually is planning and having contingency plans sounds a bit over the top.
Well it's not like a club has never signed a player before selling the one they plan to sell? I guess it all comes down to foresight.

We should be confident at this stage that Maguire is willing to leave and is speaking to clubs and have an idea of what those clubs would be willing to pay. We should also be confident what our budget will be, how much we intend to spend on our other targets and whether it's feasible for us to pay KMJ release clause and still fill the other positions we need. If we're sat around saying "I've no idea so we'll just have to wait and see later in the window", that doesn't sound like particularly good planning.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Nearly every half decent players costs us £50+m though. Look at the money spent on Fred, Maguire, AWB... I'd love for us to go get a good CB for £15m and use the funds elsewhere but we can't get a good deal to save our lives.
We got Malacia, Eriksen and Martinez for 60m last summer, got two low cost loans in January who made lots of appearances second half of the season and we’re heavily linked with 2 young French CBs who won’t cost anywhere close to 50m. We’re clearly far smarter with our business these days - Antony fee aside. I’m fairly confident even we can manage to find a 3rd/4th choice CB for under 50m quid and 9m in wages.

Dominos

We got Malacia, Eriksen and Martinez for 60m last summer, got two low cost loans in January who made lots of appearances second half of the season and we’re heavily linked with 2 young French CBs who won’t cost anywhere close to 50m. We’re clearly far smarter with our business these days - Antony fee aside. I’m fairly confident even we can manage to find a 3rd/4th choice CB for under 50m quid and 9m in wages.
More like £70m

Eriksen was a free agent because he was forced to be released by Inter.

Martinez was a centre back from the Dutch league and still cost us £56m. In hindsight it's a good signing but given the profile and position of the player at the time this certainly isn't cheap.

A Malacia unknown type punt from a relatively weak league is what we'll need to try to get a centre back in for a reasonable price.

jeepers

So we are still incompetent with transfers?
Wouldn’t even surprise me if the Glazers are yet to define a clear transfer budget.

I like KMJ’s aggressiveness and front-foot defending but I’m okay if we lost out on him. Think we should go for a younger profile who is ready to make the step up. Hard pass on Disasi, he’s worse than his former colleague Baldiashile.

Cloud7

What kind of project can Bayern offer?

Dominate their league by poaching the best bundesliga players but completely failing in Europe Like every year.

seems like a great project that.
They won the CL in 2020?

Bayern will always remain one of the best sporting projects around

Pronewbie

Peep
So on 1 hand we're trying to replace Maguire, on the other Bayern are trying to replace Upamaguire.

Bayern does seem to be the more attractive option as we still have Varane and Martinez in his way as a regular first team player.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Wouldn’t even surprise me if the Glazers are yet to define a clear transfer budget.

I like KMJ’s aggressiveness and front-foot defending but I’m okay if we lost out on him. Think we should go for a younger profile who is ready to make the step up. Hard pass on Disasi, he’s worse than his former colleague Baldiashile.
We struggle to beat competition so I hope SJ changes the transfer team and makes us conpetent

pascell

So on 1 hand we're trying to replace Maguire, on the other Bayern are trying to replace Upamaguire.

Bayern does seem to be the more attractive option as we still have Varane and Martinez in his way as a regular first team player.
If we're relying on Varane to stay fit for the duration of next season, we're very naive.

dinostar77

Upamencano is a very good CB. But if tuchel thinks his buildup play isnt good enough then fair enough. He has de ligt whos build up play is very good.

Id have Upamencano at Utd, but this trend of it being more important for defenders not having to defend but play out and keeper not having to make saves but play out is just stupid.

Defences, especially stubborn stingy ones win you championships.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Upamencano is a very good CB. But if tuchel thinks his buildup play isnt good enough then fair enough. He has de ligt whos build up play is very good.

Id have Upamencano at Utd, but this trend of it being more important for defenders not having to defend but play out and keeper not having to make saves but play out is just stupid.

Defences, especially stubborn stingy ones win you championships.
You got the issues with Upamecano wrong, I would say. His issue is not the build up play. It’s that he is prone to mistakes in decisive situations.

pascell

Bayern showing us how it's done. CB isn't a problem because we have injury prone Varane and Lindelof according to the caf, shows the complete difference in standards the two clubs have.

dinostar77

You got the issues with Upamecano wrong, I would say. His issue is not the build up play. It’s that he is prone to mistakes in decisive situations.
A few articles from germany recently said tuchel was unhappy with his buildup play hence wanting kim.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern showing us how it's done. CB isn't a problem because we have injury prone Varane and Lindelof according to the caf, shows the complete difference in standards the two clubs have.
Bayern are probably losing two CBs. That is why they are in the market. If they can flip Hernandez and Pavard to Kim and Torres then that is a very good deal.

pascell

Bayern are probably losing two CBs. That is why they are in the market. If they can flip Hernandez and Pavard to Kim and Torres then that is a very good deal.
Whilst we get given the run around by Maguire threatening to stay and are relying on Varane to stay fit and Lindelof who was threatening to leave in January as he wasn't being given enough football. Absolutely mind boggling how we're run, so inept it's untrue. We should be improving what we have, instead we're pandering to them.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Guarantee those screaming inept would also berate the club for paying more than the release clause 2 weeks before it triggers

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Whilst we get given the run around by Maguire threatening to stay and are relying on Varane to stay fit and Lindelof who was threatening to leave in January as he wasn't being given enough football. Absolutely mind boggling how we're run, so inept it's untrue. We should be improving what we have, instead we're pandering to them.
If Kim wants Bayern then there is nothing United can do.

acid_fuji

Seems to me like media just need to write all the time so they create those fake interests. Of course a lot of clubs will have Kim on the list. Even I can predict that - no need for any special skills here. I’m suspecting we weren’t even in for him and we are trying to get striker and midfielder first which is much more sense to me.

And even if we are in for him we don’t need to do anything right now. We can swoop in on 30th of June.

KristianMackle

What a fantastic signing he would've been and that's essentially why we won't be getting him. Nowadays, we rarely get the players we need, just the ones who we maybe want and are willing to fight to come to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.