Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
For a deal to happen several conditions must be met:
1. There must be a willing seller.
2. There must be a price at which there is a willing buyer.
3. The player must agree to destination club, city, salary, package.
4. The player's management must agree with buying club.

It's not all FM squad planning.

Why would Kim join a United where he has to be 3rd choice, waiting for his time, while he is in his prime and Bayer want him?

Makes zero sense.
If we do buy another high-quality centre back, it wouldn't surprise me if they move ahead of Varane in the pecking order. Varane is injury prone and even when fit he has to be regularly rested so as to decrease his chances of getting injured. It's certainly not ideal. He also isn't particularly good on the ball. He's not bad, but I wouldn't consider it a strength either. When ETH does prioritise a central defender to sign I do expect it to be someone who is better on the ball.

Obviously they'd rotate a fair bit at the start, but if the new guy performs well and is consistently fit I'm guessing they'd be first choice by the end of the season. I just doubt it'll be this season since we need the funds elsewhere.

georgipep

If we do buy another high-quality centre back, it wouldn't surprise me if they move ahead of Varane in the pecking order. Varane is injury prone and even when fit he has to be regularly rested so as to decrease his chances of getting injured. It's certainly not ideal. He also isn't particularly good on the ball. He's not bad, but I wouldn't consider it a strength either. When ETH does prioritise a central defender to sign I do expect it to be someone who is better on the ball.

Obviously they'd rotate a fair bit at the start, but if the new guy performs well and is consistently fit I'm guessing they'd be first choice by the end of the season. I just doubt it'll be this season since we need the funds elsewhere.
It wouldn't surprise me a new CB to displace Varane either, but why would someone like Kim choose this offer instead of Bayern?
Makes zero sense for the player.
Why would we spend a Mount-size amount on a position we have relatively good cover? Much more important to get striker and goalkeeper than the 3rd CB, which will also necessitate the sale of either Maguire or Lindelof. Either since Maguire may be unsellable.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Doesn't this release clause end in a couple of days?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah, it's a bit of a reach to blame Lindelof for that goal, not sure what else he could have done there. I wonder whether Newcastle fans were blaming the defender who headed the ball to Rooney when he hit that volley against them in his first season at United.

Sometimes you just have to accept that a worldie will be scored against you every now and then and you don't need to find someone to blame. We have enough real examples of terrible defending at United from last season, we don't need to invent any more.
It was a worldie, my only gripe is a ball was allowed to bounce which as any kid at football training will tell you, you don’t let a ball bounce when defending. Go and clear it

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It wouldn't surprise me a new CB to displace Varane either, but why would someone like Kim choose this offer instead of Bayern?
Makes zero sense for the player.
Why would we spend a Mount-size amount on a position we have relatively good cover? Much more important to get striker and goalkeeper than the 3rd CB, which will also necessitate the sale of either Maguire or Lindelof. Either since Maguire may be unsellable.
It would depend entirely on which league/club he wanted to play in. If he was someone who favoured the PL and Man Utd (which are far bigger in Korea than the Bundesliga and Bayern) it wouldn't surprise me for someone to choose us in that scenario, with ETH telling them the plan was for them to take over as first choice (as long as their form warranted it of course). Likewise it wouldn't surprise me if they chose Bayern. Don't think it would be a straight-forward choice either way.

Your last line I agree with which is why I was always dubious about our links to Kim.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
The official announcement and player presentation are expected to happen this week, finally.

redcucumber

Were we ever actually interested? Zero links to other defenders since while in the meantime we've signed 2 players and seemingly have concerted interest in another (Hojlund).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wish our transfers were conducted this quickly

BerryBerryShrew

I wish our transfers were conducted this quickly
If Onana, Mount, and Kane had release clauses that were substantially lower than their respective market values, I'd imagine that our transfers would have been conducted at breakneck speed.

I wouldn't give Bayern too much credit for wrapping this one up!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If Onana, Mount, and Kane had release clauses that were substantially lower than their respective market values, I'd imagine that our transfers would have been conducted at breakneck speed.

Yeah we would have signed Mount before they signed him if that was the case

Blackwidow

You still have to persuade the player and agent that they want to go to you and nowhere else.

And it was not that easy as even with that release clause Napoli tried to renegotiate the transfer sum and get a sale-on-clause into that, too. Bayern needed their lawyers to solve that problem. That is why it took so long even if medicals etc. were made 10 days ago and everything was agreed with player and agent more than 4 weeks ago.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Were we ever actually interested? Zero links to other defenders since while in the meantime we've signed 2 players and seemingly have concerted interest in another (Hojlund).
We've been regularly linked to Disasi since it became clear Minge Ayy was going Bayern.

Tender Teacher

Felt like the club was very interested, but then backed away to pursue targets in other positions which allowed Bayern to steal in.

If Maguire had fetched his coat already then things probably would have been different.

RedDevilRoshi

Gutted we missed out on this one especially with how cheap he was. Ahh well, we’ve got more pressing concerns at the other end of the pitch that we need to address first before worrying about signing a CB.

doomy20

As expected, already looks class and like an absolute wall in the Bayern defense. Gutted we couldn´t sort out some of our defenders contracts earlier to actually get justification to pay his release clause.

croadyman

As expected, already looks class and like an absolute wall in the Bayern defense. Gutted we couldn´t sort out some of our defenders contracts earlier to actually get justification to pay his release clause.
Yeah couldn't move the defenders quick enough

Gaidal

Thought he looked really poor on the first goal. Don't know what he was doing there.

JuriM

Bayern only got him because Lucas Hernandez left for PSG - if any of our main defenders Martinez, Varane, Maguire, Lindelöf would have left for any other club, we would have also been in similar position to enter the market for him or any other central defender.

Some make it sound like they added him on as 5th choice or something crazy.

OrcaFat

Bayern only got him because Lucas Hernandez left for PSG - if any of our main defenders Martinez, Varane, Maguire, Lindelöf would have left for any other club, we would have also been in similar position to enter the market for him or any other central defender.

Some make it sound like they added him on as 5th choice or something crazy.
Too bad we didn’t ship Lindelof and Maguire out asap and get this guy. Other priorities, yeah, but he is one that got away, for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.