Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

I really thought we will get him... ah well hopefully the club has other players in mind. We need to get another RCB to rotate with Varane.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Would've been a great signing but we were always up against it from a budget perspective and the GK/ST shaped holes in the squad it would be hard to justify. Another one to chalk up to cnut Glazers and the world's slowest takeover

BarstoolProphet

If I recall didn't Fab get all trigger happy last year with the Martinez deal? Here we go'd for Arsenal then we came in.

Might have been someone else actually. But he definitely jumped the gun.
He did it with Malacia and now Ziyech twice.

Suedesi

I would have loved him here- head and shoulders the best defender in Serie A which is no mean feat.

Relatively cheap.

Guess De Gea replacement took priority

Rolaholic

Genuinely jealous, top signing for them.

Him + De Ligt are a terrifying prospect at the back

rajds89

Would have been a starter for us alongside Martinez. Annoys the feck out of me watching Bayern (for as big a club as they are) just hoover up such talent despite playing in such a poor league.

Jericholyte2

He walks into their first team.

Technically he wouldn’t walk into ours. Perhaps he didn’t fancy the battle for a starting place.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bundesliga title winner for the next 5 years.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
So according to Jacque Talbot we wanted to wait until July when his release clause would've gone and then tried to sign him? Why? Because we'd have more funds available in August? Strange claim.

Kim's loss as he has to wear that horrible kit for the next 10 months.

Dempsey19

He walks into their first team.

Technically he wouldn’t walk into ours. Perhaps he didn’t fancy the battle for a starting place.
Phil Jones can walk into their first team and they still win the Bundesliga for the upteenth time in a row.

Okay I'm reaching abit , walk is abit far. Crawl maybe?

r0663664

Worships Man City
Bayern signing top players is not really about their league but champion league. They are buying top players because they want to compete Real, City, PSG and etc. For United, we are just trying make sure that we stay in top 4. Players who Bayern has a good chance of winning champion league. His success will be dependent on how Bayern does in UCL, not league success.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This kind of tweet is one of them "smart" tweets. It can be wrong about the United part but nobody can tell and it's very likely to happen (joining Bayern), which essentially make it seem right regardless of what happens behind the scene.

izec

I think we missed a trick here either way. Should have gone all in.

We will look back on this in the future and say this was an absolute steal at that price and we should have bought him. Not the first time either, but it is what it is now.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So many talks about Bayern and yet he still hasnt signed for them. Whats the holdup? Bayern being a cheapskate again?

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
So many talks about Bayern and yet he still hasnt signed for them. Whats the holdup? Bayern being a cheapskate again?
A long time waiting for the release clause to kick in, Kim being in South Korea to undergo mandatory military service for about 2 weeks so had to wait with medical etc

Dannn411

Pretty painful not signing him at that price especially. Priority or not, this is the kind of player you make an exception for. Varane is no spring chicken and Lindelof still cannot be fully trusted. Sigh.

Pretty shocked City weren't in for him at that price and instead preferred to spend £100m on Gvardiol. He would fit them like a glove.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
You mean besides the release clause only being active from July on and Kim being on military service at the beginning of July? ;)
Btw, medical seems done (in South Korea) and Bayern will announce soon, so your desperate wait will be over.

Zed is not dead

Can people please stop moaning about us not recruiting him? Comparing Bayern’s absolute necessity to get a new CB and United’s opportunity to sign a new CB makes no sense.

With Pavard and Hernandez wanting to go, Bayern basically have only 2 starter CBs for a 3-man defence. Getting at least 1 CB was an absolute priority for them, so it makes perfect sense they went for him. I dare say KMJ is not even enough for Bayern and they must sign another one for them to compete across all their competitions.

KMJ for United would’ve been at best 3rd choice CB at the beginning of the season, with Lindelof and Maguire still in the team. So basically 5 CB for 2 starting spots. And we can only register 25 players for PL and CL, with at least 8 homegrown players.

Signing KMJ would’ve been nice to flatter the fans, but there are real life constraints that mean we cannot sign every player twitter links us with and has a nice youtube highlights video.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Hernandez to PSG is official so expect Kim to be announced the next days.

Status
Not open for further replies.