Klopp dreamt of managing United

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He dared to dream.

reddevil702

I remember a lot of United fans dreaming about him taking over after SAF. Especially after that 12/13 season with Dortmund. Funny how things have changed.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
In an alternate universe there's a thread on here praising Klopp's psycho outbursts on the touchline.

ReallyUSA

I know a lot of people like to give him slack, but there were A LOT of posters on this board praising him wildly when he was Dortmund. Some wanted him to replace Moyes.

KGBhoy

And I wonder how that would have turned out. Would we end up with Matip as our CB and Karius in goal? Do you think he would do better than he is doing at 'pool with our resources?

Charlie Foley

I know a lot of people like to give him slack, but there were A LOT of posters on this board praising him wildly when he was Dortmund. Some wanted him to replace Moyes.
In fairness some people wanted ME to replace Moyes, it was a low standard.

el3mel

And I wonder how that would have turned out. Would we end up with Matip as our CB and Karius in goal? Do you think he would do better than he is doing at 'pool with our resources?
I imagine. We would still be playing with Cleverley in midfield.

AshRK

Everyone will have a dream to manage Manchester United and yet funny enough we gave that position to Moyes of all people.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
I'd want his sideline charisma and personality combined with Mous tactical brilliance and squad management.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I was one of the many that wanted him back then, Dortmund was the flavour of the month and I thought his style suited us to a tee back then, he was my first pick to replace SAF and Moyes (anyone would have done then really).

Now he's obviously like tainted meat, and I can't stand his mannerisms, maybe I was just looking through a small window at him at Dortmund, at 'pool he's a raging lunatic second only to Rafa in the lost marbles department.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
To be honest Klopp at United with our funds he'd have done well. He's obviously a top manager whether people want to admit it or not.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
To be honest Klopp at United with our funds he'd have done well. He's obviously a top manager whether people want to admit it or not.
For some weird reason on October 8, 2015 people here just all of a sudden stopped rating Jurgen Klopp. I can not possibly guess why.

FujiVice

Easy to forget, but Klopp was the hipsters favourite back in 2013. I thought he would have been much better at Liverpool than he has. Not improving that defense and excusing mediocre performances will be the end of him eventually.

AshRK

For some weird reason on October 8, 2015 people here just all of a sudden stopped rating Jurgen Klopp. I can not possibly guess why.
I think many stopped rating since the start of this year. I always thought he was one of the best managers but having seen him in the league which I follow week in week out , I do not find him anything special.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I wonder where we'd be if he was our manager, with this squad this season? We'd probably be poor defensively, but would have de Gea to bail us out.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I wanted him after Sir Alex, but from what we’ve seen of him since that time then he doesn’t seem like a manager ambitious enough for a really big club.

I suspect he isn’t capable of coping with the pressure and expectations of such a club, otherwise he wouldn’t have signed such a long deal with a club like Liverpool when the likes of us, Barca, Real, maybe Juve not to mention the sugar daddy clubs could have come calling for him at any time.

He seems to have limited himself with his choice of club, which I suppose is his prerogative.

LoneStar

Well, that explains why he is so bitter about everything related to United these days. Poor guy is jealous of United and Jose.

ChaddyP

That's not true. I remember it being a day we were all jealous and angry that Liverpool got Klopp and we were still stuck with LVG. Nobody stopped rating him, maybe they started hating him or at least true to, but the lack of rating him started in the new year after we realised Liverpool were all fart and no shit.

Zlatattack

Agree. Liverpool is a shit club. Thier only recent semblance of success was based on SAS and they sold the best two players of that combo.

SirAF

Ageist
That's not true. I remember it being a day we were all jealous and angry that Liverpool got Klopp and we were still stuck with LVG. Nobody stopped rating him, maybe they started hating him or at least true to, but the lack of rating him started in the new year after we realised Liverpool were all fart and no shit.
This.

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
Don't understand this weird consensus that's after forming which suggests Klopp isn't a top quality manager.

Liverpool haven't had a great month but they are a very good team that will do well.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
OP said:
The emotions in the stadium in Liverpool and the enthusiasm of the fans, the temperament there – that fits Klopp. I was not surprised that the spectators liked him right away. His emotions, the way he coaches the team, the way he jumps around, the way he shows his desire to win, that fits the club.
Lunatics led by a loon. Agree.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Liverpool dont have the money and secondly there are five other top teams vying for one position. Something has to give.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
one of very few candidates who is a very good fit. If he'd been willing to spend, I think he'd have built a fantastic team. Major weakness though is lack of winning big trophies experience, which I think is essential for our club.

Not sure it will happen in the future now, especially with Pottechino and Zidane likely to be still working whn Mourinho eventualy leaves.