View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Bournemouth 2:2 Man Utd New

Ekeke

Bournemouth made sure to bump into him and use body strength at every oppertunity and he looked a bit weak in those challenges today. Quiet game

Bobski

He has been running out of steam since the internationals and being pushed into more forward positions to accommodate Casemiro limits his involvement on the ball and brings his current limited physicality to the fore more often.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's quite clear that 18 year old can't play so many games.

abailey123

Put an arm around him, he slipped for the first goal and stood his ground for the penalty appeal. Great talent playing in a difficult position.

Red-17

Our set up highlights his biggest weaknesses and hides his biggest strengths. If this was youth football I would understand trying to get him to work on his weak areas, but right now he is just going to develop bad habits and fail to fulfill his potential. Why we don't set up to have him be our center piece in midfield is beyond me. Every time we see him in close quarters making quick passes with teammates moving around him he comes alive. Asking him to be a box to box midfielder and make highlight passes and he looks like an average 18 year old.

Our main priority this summer should be building a competent surrounding midfield structure whether its from within the squat with Bruno and Mount or via the transfer window. So sad to see such a talented player misused so badly. Same could be said for Amad.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Shock that an 18 year old isn't dragging us to victory every game. Quiet game, but some good moments as well. In a better side, games like this would just be a solid 7.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Happy with his development but his lack of speed and ability to cover ground is a little bit worrying. Seen this somewhere before, but what Scholes was great at was sprinting to space as soon as he released pass. I don't see that enough from Kobbie yet.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Happy with his development but his lack of speed and ability to cover ground is a little bit worrying. Seen this somewhere before, but what Scholes was great at was sprinting to space as soon as he released pass. I don't see that enough from Kobbie yet.
He's not done developing physically nor is he fully used to playing PL football week in and week out.
Having said that, he's never going to be a physical beast but his limitations can be compensated for with a more mobile, physical midfield partner and experience.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
On rare occasions when he's around the final third, he's so dangerous. Start wondering if he should be tried at peak Lampard position, just behind a striker? A less of defensive duty that he's not very good at yet.

DownRiver

The dressing room is a virus and it will infect Mainoo, who will be unrecognisable in a couple years time.

didz

Shock that an 18 year old isn't dragging us to victory every game. Quiet game, but some good moments as well. In a better side, games like this would just be a solid 7.
He also won the penalty with a curler that needed deflecting. He does seem to like that shot.

FootballAI

Post England, he seemed to receive special treatment from the opposition in every game. He needs to rise above this to become a star, no easy walk in the park anymore.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

He broke them. They haven't been the same since. :keano:

Coventry 3:3 Man Utd New

Bobski

Very quiet today, though any control of midfield departed with him.

One thing about him playing as a DM is that his passing range will need to expand, there are times when he could progress the play and opts for the shorter option and that is backed up by the stats, has very low progressive passing numbers for the season. He showed that range at underage so I know he can do it, hopefully as he gets more settled into the team it comes out.

Sylar

Very quiet today, though any control of midfield departed with him.

One thing about him playing as a DM is that his passing range will need to expand, there are times when he could progress the play and opts for the shorter option and that is backed up by the stats, has very low progressive passing numbers for the season. He showed that range at underage so I know he can do it, hopefully as he gets more settled into the team it comes out.
I feel like this is said a lot. Maybe stats don't back it up but at least recently it feels like hes one of the first subs and then things go from passable to shit

Andersons Dietician

I feel like this is said a lot. Maybe stats don't back it up but at least recently it feels like hes one of the first subs and then things go from passable to shit
I do wonder given he is so young and the amount he has played in recent months if he is in the red zone. Hence why the likes of himself and Garnacho are some of the first subbed recently.
We know they track player fatigue and likelyhood of injury/burnout so maybe the sport scientists think he maybe needs resting and given our injury crisis is required to play.

Personally I do think playing him with a combo of Bruno and McT is just asking for trouble as they Both leave him very isolated and us wide open.

RuudTom83

Kobbie does need protecting even if the team struggles when he is not on the pitch.

Part of the course, all 3 of the young trio need games off for growing pains.

FootballAI

Mainoo has been quite ineffective since England, apart from that one nice goal. The main issue is we have nobody else to replace him, Eriksen and Ambarat are just worse options.

For a 19 years old, he has been played way too much. His body is not yet developed to take this amount of matches and to some extent also Garnacho. Ten Hag is only caring about the short term result rather than long term good to develop our youngster.

RedIan

Was the main reason we controlled the game until he was subbed off. We immediately lost control when he left the pitch and pressed the much used self destruct button.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Was the main reason we controlled the game until he was subbed off. We immediately lost control when he left the pitch and pressed the much used self destruct button.
We lost control before he went off and it was because players started to think the game was won and started leaving their positions to try and stat pad

FujiVice

He was our best player. He didnt have to be spectacular. We played Coventry. He simply did his job, until he was taken off and we completely fell apart.

Bobski

I think he needs a rest and Ten Hag should be looking to freshen him up before the Cup Final. He was tidy today, quality in busts but not as involved as you would like, he has had quite a few quiet games since the internationals.

Raven

I think he needs a rest and Ten Hag should be looking to freshen him up before the Cup Final. He was tidy today, quality in busts but not as involved as you would like, he has had quite a few quiet games since the internationals.
He's been quiet since he's been moved up the pitch onto the ghost role that ETH is so fond of.

Bobski

He's been quiet since he's been moved up the pitch onto the ghost role that ETH is so fond of.
Even when he dropped back when Eriksen was taken off he wasn't getting on the ball as much. He doesn't yet have that instinctive ability to pick up pockets if space to be constantly available, maybe a bit of a stamina issue as well. But yes, the non Bruno/DM midfielder having relatively few touches is a constant of this season, Mainoo would not be as extreme in this as McT or even Mount but his usage also clearly drops off.

FootballAI

Not sure if we are watching the same match, he wasn't quiet at all. He ran pass players a good number of times in this match and most of his passes in the final third had been spot on. Had Bruno converted 1 of those passes, Mainoo would have had an assist.

Agree that he has been quiet since Internationals, not in this match, but so do the rest of the team. I think his partnership with Bruno will grow and if Hojlund learn more how to make a run, Hojlund would pick up more penetrating passes from Mainoo and Bruno in the future.

criticalanalysis

Always classy on the ball and puts in a shift.

Shame we don't have a structure to play through midfield and expect all our players to be essentially box to box players.

E-mal

Has not had a wow game in a while but I have got time for him. He needs help and should not be starting every game at this age

Raven

Not sure if we are watching the same match, he wasn't quiet at all. He ran pass players a good number of times in this match and most of his passes in the final third had been spot on. Had Bruno converted 1 of those passes, Mainoo would have had an assist.

Agree that he has been quiet since Internationals, not in this match, but so do the rest of the team. I think his partnership with Bruno will grow and if Hojlund learn more how to make a run, Hojlund would pick up more penetrating passes from Mainoo and Bruno in the future.
I think Mainoo did get an assist for a Bruno goal.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not sure what he was supposed to do playing with Eriksen. He's not got the physicality to cover for him, so doesn't really work as a pairing.

Raven

Even when he dropped back when Eriksen was taken off he wasn't getting on the ball as much. He doesn't yet have that instinctive ability to pick up pockets if space to be constantly available, maybe a bit of a stamina issue as well. But yes, the non Bruno/DM midfielder having relatively few touches is a constant of this season, Mainoo would not be as extreme in this as McT or even Mount but his usage also clearly drops off.
Fair enough. I seem to remember him having low touches for most of his games since his debut. You're probably right about him not having developed the instincts to know where to be yet though.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Mainoo, at 19, is our most valuable player that starts every single match, and all fans agree would be last player we have that anybody wants to see leave or be sold.

At 19.

There is nothing else to be said. Wish the lad health and success, and hope to see him in our squad for many years to come.

Redivy

I love when he backs himself to beat a player. He has some great little moments where he uses his body faints and footwork to progress the ball forward.

I think to get the best out of him you need to play him in a midfield three with another #8 and a #6 behind them.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s absolute quality. Needs a midfield building around him rather than to sacrifice himself creating a void for others…he’s a sensational talent for a teenager. He’s had the highest average level of performance of anyone this season.