Kobe Bryant RIP

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I hardly watch NBA but years ago I used to stay until late to see the Lakers with Gasol and Bryant.
So young, a pity, both he and his daughter. RIP

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Embarrassing montage from BBC on the news, half the clips were of Lebron James. The newsreader was stumbling over her words as well, I expect they'll face some backlash for that.
Yeah just heard the news myself and was watching their news back moments ago, so incredibly dumb from them.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Someone posted this in the NBA thread but even if you're not into basketball you can admire this mans skill...

Acole9

Outstanding
Did not see the footage... But yesterday LeBron passed Kobe"s total of points scored. I'm not sure if the coverage was in reference to this
They just apologised before going off air, absolutely shocking reporting.

0le

Terrible news. Its always a stark reminder how precious life is.

Dante

Average bang
They probably had a V-T entitled something like 'Kobe/Lebron' lined up on the decks, and played the wrong montage. Unprofessional, but I'm sure it was innocent enough. And there are certainly more important things to think about right now.

RIP

mav_9me

I have no real affinity to kobe other than admire him as a player. But I'm still in tears. And his daughter and the other girls. Life is so cruel.

Art

Art the artist

Thought I'd share this awesome Oil painting of Kobe by Alberto Mielgo.
RIP Legend

RedDevilRoshi

Absolutely brutal shame. The guy was a sporting icon. A role model for all

R.I.P. Kobe Bryant

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just hearing this -- totally shocked. RIP Legend.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He was my favorite player from my favorite team. feck man I’m devastated, I don’t even know what to say :(
Sorry to hear that. I'd be devastated if Vidic, Rio died to be honest and even then Kobe transcended sport like very few do.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Sorry to hear that. I'd be devastated if Vidic, Rio died to be honest and even then Kobe transcended sport like very few do.
I'm not into basketball but if you asked me to name 3 basketball players the first 3 would be Jordan, Kobe and LeBron. I imagine for many the first 3 footballers they would name are Messi, C. Ronaldo and maybe Ronaldo. I think that speak volumes to the impact he's had.

binary bot
All those pictures and videos of him and his daughter are so fecking sad.

macheda14

I feel the equivalent would be if Beckham died, obviously not as good a footballer as Kobe was a basketball player, but the level of fame and position in the global consciousness is the same.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Awful news. RIP.

Not really trust helicopter again, always kill the rich people.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Can you fecking believe this guy? :mad:

He really is a shameless human being.