Koke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickosaur

Seriously though, jokes aside, anyone seen him regularly? What kind of player is he? I've heard some people describe him as Class A, but surely at the age of 21 he's not at that level yet.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seriously though, jokes aside, anyone seen him regularly? What kind of player is he? I've heard some people describe him as Class A, but surely at the age of 21 he's not at that level yet.
:lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
'Manchester United and Barcelona locked in Koke war'

Cina

This isn't a good measure of quality though, as the same applied to even Fellaini.
I dunno, I think he's going to go even further beyond his current level and if we got him he'd be a heroin this club.

buckooo1978

just what we need - another big time Charlie

good defensively at clearing his lines

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I see no reason to believe Koke is going anywhere anytime in the near future...as close as you can get to a lifer at Atletico. Not unless they need to sell, I just don't believe it

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I see no reason to believe Koke is going anywhere anytime in the near future...as close as you can get to a lifer at Atletico. Not unless they need to sell, I just don't believe it
What does that mean?

Joemo

whistling in the wind
There are some players that begin & end their careers with one club
Very funny. I mean how do you know that a 21 year old product of their academy doesn't have any plans to leave Athletico at some point in his career?

Nickosaur

Where's the pun FCBarca...I keep reading it but I can't find one.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Very funny. I mean how do you know that a 21 year old product of their academy doesn't have any plans to leave Athletico at some point in his career?
Didn't mean it to be funny, just answering honestly. You don't see it often with a club like Atletico but of all their players, he's the one that strikes me as someone who loves the shirt like lifers do eschewing the sort of pride that reflects a player much older than 21. Pep Guardiola, Casillas, Xavi etc.

Could be wrong because you never know with Atletico but I don't believe he'd ever push for a move or that the club much less Rojiblanco faithful would consider it

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I meant to italicize the need. The club always needs to sell, they're heavily in debt but it's a bit different under Simeone - they sell differently than they did before. They have a strong academy with talents still coming up and may already be looking to the future but while someone like Oscar Torres I can see being profited from, not Koke. Torres aspires to something outside the club whereas Koke sees nothing beyond Atletico

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member

Yeah but you should never get high off your own supply. It's rule number 4.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Yeah but you should never get high off your own supply. It's rule number 4.
But I think it's more than just what the club would think/do, I think he & the fans share a pretty strong bond - it would bite the hand that feeds you as well, to move a player like Koke. Listening to him talk about Atletico, you can see he's not like a lot of the in between talents in Spain that choose one of the big two, he plays for Atletico & does it with pride. You move assets but you don't move iconic cornerstones but hey, it's Atletico so you never know

Although, by the same token, he is the sort of player that would willingly move to help the club financially but he'd never push for it is my impression.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm not sure Woody can close a £16m Koke deal to be honest.

CallyRed

Depends on how much Koke weighs? We should be able to haggle a good price

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Ironically, unless you've just freebased dangerous amounts of grade-A crack this thread stopped being funny 113 posts ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.