Vincent Kompany | Burnley Manager

Rex Banner

Spent about £90m in the Summer just to be bottom, behind Sheffield United and a team with a 10 point deduction. Shocking.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
They've obviously not got it right this season. But no need to panic. They're Burnley for god sake. No shame in going back down to the Championship, getting another parachute payment and bouncing straight back up again.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I watched the second half and they are so lightweight it's untrue. West Ham weren't even putting that much pressure on them, just swung in a few crosses near the end and that was enough to turn the game into a win.

Berge is only one they have with any sort of presence and he's turned out pretty average at prem level.

I've thought they'd always back Kompany given what he achieved last season and changing their DNA from Dycheball but does feel a good time to roll the dice if they don't beat Sheffield United next weekend, that is obviously a must win for them now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Shame the media lauded heir to Pep got exposed before getting the chance to manage the cheats.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I've thought they'd always back Kompany given what he achieved last season and changing their DNA from Dycheball but does feel a good time to roll the dice if they don't beat Sheffield United next weekend, that is obviously a must win for them now.
I know they were excellent in the Championship last season but I don't really get what Kompany offers that Dyche doesn't to Burnley. Dyche also won the championship (only 8 points less than Kompany's Burnley managed) and kept them in the PL for ages. Kompany just looks a bit out of his depth.

Pickle85

I know they were excellent in the Championship last season but I don't really get what Kompany offers that Dyche doesn't to Burnley. Dyche also won the championship (only 8 points less than Kompany's Burnley managed) and kept them in the PL for ages. Kompany just looks a bit out of his depth.
Kompany looks much hipper while standing on the touchline looking clueless in a cap. He's also balder which is aspirational in management today

Patchbeard

Kind of think it's fair enough that they fancied a more 'modern' style of football, especially given that eventually they were looking almost certain to get relegated under Dyche.

I'm not sure how good/bad Kompany as it this stage though, given how bad he was at Anderlecht, how amazing he was in the Championship, but then how bad he us again in the Prem...

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
You can't be losing when you're 1-0 up at home with 86 minutes on the clock. Concede an equaliser, fine - but to concede two, dreadful stuff.

Wouldn't shock me if he gets the sack within a fortnight.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Kind of think it's fair enough that they fancied a more 'modern' style of football, especially given that eventually they were looking almost certain to get relegated under Dyche.

I'm not sure how good/bad Kompany as it this stage though, given how bad he was at Anderlecht, how amazing he was in the Championship, but then how bad he us again in the Prem...
I can't say I watched enough of Burnley week to week when Dyche was there but watching him now at Everton I don't really see a problem with his game. A lot of the facets of the modern game that are popular (pressing, countering and concentrating on fine margins) are what he utilises.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They just wanted to change the football culture from top to bottom. Dyche was happy to sign older British players like Bardsley, Lennon, Rodriguez etc with little resale value and showed little interest in engaging with the foreign market until last year of his reign when likes of Cornet and Weghorst were suddenly thrust on him.

With Kompany he had knowledge of Belgian league and some of those signings did very well last year, less so this year obviously.

Berge was the only top level experienced player they signed in the summer and even then he played more for Sheffield United at championship than prem so that's the big problem, they're too lightweight and not streetwise enough to see out 1-0s like the opportunity presented today. Were also 1-0 up at Bournemouth and lost that a few weeks ago.

I genuinely thought they'd be better than this given their style in the championship but just 4 points, behind a team with -10 and losing all 7 home games is very very poor.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They just wanted to change the football culture from top to bottom. Dyche was happy to sign older British players like Bardsley, Lennon, Rodriguez etc with little resale value and showed little interest in engaging with the foreign market until last year of his reign when likes of Cornet and Weghorst were suddenly thrust on him.

With Kompany he had knowledge of Belgian league and some of those signings did very well last year, less so this year obviously.

Berge was the only top level experienced player they signed in the summer and even then he played more for Sheffield United at championship than prem so that's the big problem, they're too lightweight and not streetwise enough to see out 1-0s like the opportunity presented today. Were also 1-0 up at Bournemouth and lost that a few weeks ago.

I genuinely thought they'd be better than this given their style in the championship but just 4 points, behind a team with -10 and losing all 7 home games is very very poor.
I think this is also Burnley as a club during that era as much as it was Dyche.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think this is also Burnley as a club during that era as much as it was Dyche.
Yeah they had the takeover aswell in Dyche's last season. Guy in charge is similar to Bill Foley at Bournemouth, could've just kept the steady British option and let him get on with things but preferred a more expansive style on and off the pitch.

When Burnley went down loads were predicting financial Armageddon and Burnley not seen again in premier league for a long time of course.

Andersonson

Signed a lot of players that doesnt seem to take the level. If they go down they might got financial problems. Sometimes you need prices PL players like Dyche signed