Krzysztof Piatek

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Not big fan of Piatek but if it's a loan with option to buy then it should be a good deal, considering we don't have many attackers. Ideally would love to see us signing wide player but we have reached a stage where any player is welcome to boost numbers.

theklr

We should take the risk, get him on loan with option to buy

Judas

Open to offers
And who will create chances for him? I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but without an inject of creativity into this side, we're screwed.

Saf94

And who will create chances for him? I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but without an inject of creativity into this side, we're screwed.
Rashford has scored 20 goals this season. We have to replace his goals, getting a striker won’t make us top 4 but is certainly needed to ensure we don’t drop to midtable.

Getting a creative midfielder is separate issue, we absolutely need to replace Rashfords goals and add depth to our attack

Kostur

海尔的老板
I love him but I honestly doubt it would be a good move for either party. He needs to play at CF so Martial's cultists would be in full force if he dared to take his spot and he also relies on chances created, he's got good link and hold up play, sure, but still his forte is finishing. We don't create shit.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We are not finishing top 4 now guys so relax. It was touch and go with Rashford with Chelsea slightly favs but without Rashford until April we have no chance at all.

It's not defeatist. It's being realistic. :(

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Might not be the worst short term solution, if he is available in loan. Jimenez is levels above him though.

Wonder if we should try for Dries Mertens though. Napoli are having a horrible season and he would be quality short term.

Devil81

Might not be the worst short term solution, if he is available in loan. Jimenez is levels above him though.

Wonder if we should try for Dries Mertens though. Napoli are having a horrible season and he would be quality short term.

We can't be too fussy in this situation, even if he's not the high level that everyone first thought he's still a decent striker. We need squad numbers to rest players where needed, if we don't get what we need we may as well forget about top four or the Europa league.

Craig Ward

I'd much rather we explored this option than Cavani in truth.

Cavani will be insane wages, hasn't got a lot to prove and will decline and we'll be lumped with another huge earner who is past it.

Piatek has had a poor time at Milan, but who hasnt at Milan over the last few seasons? they're a dreadfully run club.

Piatek was in very high regard a couple of seasons ago and he needs to play. He's young, hungry and a proven goal scorer.

A loan move for this type of player is exactly what we need

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We are not finishing top 4 now guys so relax. It was touch and go with Rashford with Chelsea slightly favs but without Rashford until April we have no chance at all.

I see you're still spreading your positivity into every thread you enter. Chelsea are playing horrible at the moment as is every one of our rivals for 4th. Every chance we make it.

It's not being optimistic. It's being rational. :)

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Get him on loan. Never seen him play but at this stage I am fine with Heskey (at his current age) as well, so doesn't matter how he plays.

OverratedOpinion

If he could muster a first six months like he did at Milan last year then he would be very helpful.

Zoo

Nonsense

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Good finisher. Utterly useless outside the box though.

It's not. They have a far better (and larger/fitter) squad and aren't in the Europa League.
Do they? Who exactly makes their squad far better?

ivaldo

It's not. They have a far better (and larger/fitter) squad and aren't in the Europa League.
And yet inexplicably are performing worse than we are. Goals are drying up for their incredibly light forward line and they're coming off the back of loses against Newcastle, Southampton, Bournemouth and Everton in their last 8 games. Standard, insular views of the perennially negative bunch we have on here.

Cliche Guevara

Chelsea’s squad is probably thinner than hours and they’ve been extremely lucky with injuries.

Now their form has taken an inevitable dip we’ll see how they and Lampard react. Chuck in a couple of injuries to key players and Chelsea could have a shite finish to the season.

Devil81

Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and now Leicester can't seem to buy a win at the moment. We aren't out of nothing and this window is huge for the future of Manchester United.

Get Champions league it through the league or Europa and the summers window has a completely different outlook. If we don't get in it's a summer of more lies and cost saving.

Red Star One

Love him but not United level. Don’t think he’d be even good for a loan - he’s full of talent but Piatek is a bit of a limited striker that seems to need a whole system built around him. Not sold on this one

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
And yet inexplicably are performing worse than we are. Goals are drying up for their incredibly light forward line and they're coming off the back of loses against Newcastle, Southampton, Bournemouth and Everton in their last 8 games. Standard, insular views of the perennially negative bunch we have on here.
Aye but we feed off that negativity mate :D

Art Vandelay

I love him but I honestly doubt it would be a good move for either party. He needs to play at CF so Martial's cultists would be in full force if he dared to take his spot and he also relies on chances created, he's got good link and hold up play, sure, but still his forte is finishing. We don't create shit.
He'd put those James low crosses in the net and give us a bit of threat in the air too. I have the same reservations as you, but I'd still love to take a chance on him. He could be huge for us if it clicks and he finds his form. Worst case scenario we get another body in that allows us to actually rotate.

OleGunnar20

Would be a great addition I think, whether short or long term. We'd of course need a creative midfielder to bring the best out of him but as a previous poster said, that's a separate issue which we're all well aware of.

Milan are a shambles at the mo, I wouldn't judge him based on a bad few months for them. Get him in to cover Rashfords absence initially then see how he does in competing for the #9 role next season against Martial / Greenwood.

Ideal.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How is it nonsense. We've not been up there all season with Rashford and without him (and Pogba) for next few months you think we will be better off? Okay then....

Our season will come down to the Europa now. We need to somehow stay in it until we get players back.

ivaldo

I have actually been pretty bullish about our chances till Rashford's injury. If you still think we are in with a good chance playing kids and the inevitable injuries and suspensions that occur in a season while we refuse to buy/loan players then suit yourself.

Sure there's a chance, there's always a chance. And Lampard is possibly the worst coach in the division. But think back to 2016/17 and a stronger squad than this with a better manager simply couldn't compete on two fronts and this one can?

But then one can't help the voluntarily blind see.
Good for you. As opposed to Chelsea playing kids and the inevitable injuries and suspensions that occur in a season while they refuse to buy/loan players? As opposed to Chelsea competing on two fronts? Ummm...

As I said, an entirely insular view where you are either oblivious or unwilling to accept the challenges of the teams around us.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
We can't be too fussy in this situation, even if he's not the high level that everyone first thought he's still a decent striker. We need squad numbers to rest players where needed, if we don't get what we need we may as well forget about top four or the Europa league.
I agree. If we actually had a forward lined up then we would have made up our mind. But as we are utterly clueless in the market, we need to come up with an answer on the spot for Rashford's absence. Piatek would be a good short term solution.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

It’s not ‘realistic’. You talk all this shit but will still be watching and then running to check the league table when we win tomorrow. If Chelsea were that much better than us, they would have secured 4th by now.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He'd put those James low crosses in the net and give us a bit of threat in the air too. I have the same reservations as you, but I'd still love to take a chance on him. He could be huge for us if it clicks and he finds his form. Worst case scenario we get another body in that allows us to actually rotate.
Yeah, agree on the bolded to be fair, it's not like we're in a position to complain and the options are limited.

Alabaster Codify7

Is he at least average, fully fit and potentially available this month?

Get him in. We need bodies. He may not be a world-beater but on loan, he could contribute something.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It’s not ‘realistic’. You talk all this shit but will still be watching and then running to check the league table when we win tomorrow. If Chelsea were that much better than us, they would have secured 4th by now.
We've not been in the top 4 most of the season with a fit and on fire Marcus Rashford. Now we've lost him for at least 2 months, maybe getting on to 3 months and I'm supposed to feel more optimistic? There's being positive and there's being delusional. I said we had a chance with Rashy. We've got no chance now.

TrustInOle

Natural finisher. Had a rough time in Milan, but then again, who hasn't. Would take loan and option to buy. Perfect for resale in a couple of years if it doesn't work out. Can't see us doing much better and would also shift Tony back to the left till Rashy is back.

Red_toad

Natural finisher. Had a rough time in Milan, but then again, who hasn't. Would take loan and option to buy. Perfect for resale in a couple of years if it doesn't work out. Can't see us doing much better and would also shift Tony back to the left till Rashy is back.
He’d come on pretty much loan to buy deal. He’s certainly nothing like the kind of striker we should be looking at. Let him go to Spurs. He’s more limited than Lukaku and doesn’t score as many goals.

ivaldo

I would argue your view is just as insular if not more so.

I don't think Chelsea are very good and their manager is worse than ours. Chelsea have the CL but we have the Europa with its notorious thursday-sunday grind. The Europa League also has an extra two games.

I think Leicester's wheels are coming off but they still won't have the distraction of European competition.

Sheffield United are not a great team but they are well coached and only a point behind us. Wolves are in the same situation as us and then there's Spurs who probably won't get it but then again who knows.

Does that add up to us having a great chance? Hardly. You say the goals are drying up for Chelsea. But they've got Pulisic to come back in a fortnight. We have just lost our top scorer for the whole season.

Maybe if we get a couple of players on loan till May and Pogba comes back I'd back us to do something.
It's more insular by not ignoring the issues of other clubs? That's a novel way of looking at it.

Oh yes, the Thursday-Sunday schedule which is ineffably worse than the Wednesday-Saturday schedule. We simply just have to accept this age old excuse as fact.

He's scored in 3 of his 23 games for Chelsea this season. Half his goals have come in one game. Goal machine.

Yes, all teams that were well above us until recently. Sheffield United are gradually falling down the table, Spurs form is absolutely woeful, and Wolves have already played significantly more games than us, so to say they are in the same position as ourselves, but point out we will have to play a massive 2 additional games than Chelsea in our respective European competitions, is a bit rich.

So does that mean we will definitely finish in the top 4? No. Does it mean there's absolutely no chance we could possibly finish in the top 4, as the poster I quoted had said? Don't be daft. But does it mean we have a good chance of getting into the top 4? Absolutely.