Kurt Zouma / 180 hours community service + banned from keeping cats for 5 years

Litch

Not racist, even FA admitted that. You're wrong, just admit it. Stop deflecting from Zouma.
Not deflecting shit. Cut and paste the FA admission and apology. I can cut and paste Eddy’s apology. I guess he must of paid back the 100k fine too.

Stacks

I understand the message the person in the video is trying to convey, much of which I agree with for what it's worth, but I don't believe it relates to what Kurt Zouma did. Not at all.

Answer me this, what was the point of posting it here?
I thought it was a good video
Yes, there are a lot of trash people in this world. Being somewhat common does not justify it. So what's your point?
The punishment as far lower and less severe than abandoning an actual child. In no way are pets cared for like a child.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
In no way are pets cared for like a child.
I hate the whole pets are like kids thing, it's such bollocks!

I have pets and kids, I love both (not equally), I don't neuter the kids or make them shit in the garden and if I ever had to make a choice between them, the kids would win hands down every time, though I don't tell them that!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

I have pets and kids, I love both (not equally), I don't neuter the kids or make them shit in the garden and if I ever had to make a choice between them, the kids would win hands down every time, though I don't tell them that!
I prefer pets to kids

AFC NimbleThumb

Probably the wrong thread to say things in jest but my son is teenage & his attitude often ranks him below the cat lately. Part of me feels he’d enjoy living down the bottom of the garden.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Again, if you couldn’t cut and paste all the other things you suggested I said, the decided you would be belittling and insulting instead. Now you are trying to take out of context what I said. You think in a nation of dog lovers on a public forum, I suggested I was the only pet owner? There was no inference and again, please cut and paste where I’ve made one by stating a fact that I was a dog owner? Didn’t say I was the best one or I know more about dog ownership than others.

Like said, the forum needs rather than as you say, hand those staff badges out in lucky dips at Christmas, choose people that if they are going to inform the discussion, better they do It without the insults given that’s part of the very reason they got the badge in the first place.
I don't need to cut and paste bits of it, the whole post was supercilious, you just seemingly don't have the self-awareness to recognise this.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Humans don't eat humans though, atleast they aren't supposed to.
Most humans don't eat certain other (non-human) animals either - for whatever reason (could be religious reasons, could be that they just find the animal in question disgusting considered as food, could be purely sentimental reasons - doesn't really matter). But this doesn't undermine the basic argument: eating another animal doesn't inherently mean that you elevate yourself above it. It doesn't inherently mean that you don't give a feck about its status as a fellow being in the universe.

To me, simply assuming that eating meat equals an anthropocentric world view is a fallacy.

Litch

I don't need to cut and paste bits of it, the whole post was supercilious, you just seemingly don't have the self-awareness to recognise this.
Clearly not. Someone needs to take that plastic staff badge off you as you seem to struggle to comment without yet again offering personal insults. You should be banned alone for using supercilious in any response and I’m not sure how stating I own a pet makes my appear superior, like said I didn’t say I know better than anyone else or my view was better informed either.

Jippy

Staff
Clearly not. Someone needs to take that plastic staff badge off you as you seem to struggle to comment without yet again offering personal insults. You should be banned alone for using supercilious in any response and I’m not sure how stating I own a pet makes my appear superior, like said I didn’t say I know better than anyone else or my view was better informed either.
I think you're confusing observations with insults.

Litch

I think you're confusing observations with insults.
I think observations can be insulting. I thought staff on here was to ensure that conversations don't get personal, not them making them so. You absolutely offer nothing than making comments that you can’t substantiate and when I‘ve asked you to ‘cut and paste‘ where I’ve said it, you respond with insults or an attempt to be ’clever’ with ridiculous words. Sad really and other members have been suspended for less? Maybe that plastic staff badge has it’s benefits?

Let’s leave it there, I’ve got dogs to walk….Oh, not suggesting I’m the only one who walks dogs or I’m the best dog walker on the forum.

Jericho

you don't put your children down, have them neutered or sell their children. Pets are pets. They can be abandoned on the roadside in most cases.

They have a point or two

please watch. it comes with a warning
<video snipped>
Even the animal rights activists are pointing out the hypocrisy of the moral grandstanders that have been piling on Zouma.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Not sure cause it’s posted without the context of the rest of the text. What’s your point?
Jaysus, the passive aggression. He just wanted to know who you were referring to as Eddy. I didn't get it either 'til it clicked ! :D

Wonder how long it takes this thread to die and people to move onto the next thing.

M15 Red.

you don't put your children down, have them neutered or sell their children. Pets are pets. They can be abandoned on the roadside in most cases.

They have a point or two

please watch. it comes with a warning
Points in the video reminded me of the firefighters who rescued some pigs and sows from a barn that had caught fire. Only for the farmer to eventually slaughter the pigs and turn them into sausages, which the farmer then gifted back to the firefighters as a thank you for rescuing the pigs.

"We tell no porkies, the sausages were fantastic".. said one of the water pistol carrying heroes.

If the firefighters had made no attempt to rescue those animals that day it would have been viewed by many as immoral.

Yet saving the animals lives, just so the farmer can send them away to be slaughtered in a gas chamber caused no fuss. If anything, it gained a positive reaction.

Stacks

Points in the video reminded me of the firefighters who rescued some pigs and sows from a barn that had caught fire. Only for the farmer to eventually slaughter the pigs and turn them into sausages, which the farmer then gifted back to the firefighters as a thank you for rescuing the pigs.

"We tell no porkies, the sausages were fantastic".. said one of the water pistol carrying heroes.

If the firefighters had made no attempt to rescue those animals that day it would have been viewed by many as immoral.

Yet saving the animals lives, just so the farmer can send them away to be slaughtered in a gas chamber caused no fuss. If anything, it gained a positive reaction.
Is this a true story?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Right, so, I have a couple of questions.

1. Has a mod ever banned themselves before?

2. Can a mod actually ban themselves?

Asking for a friend of a friend.

Jippy

Staff
Right, so, I have a couple of questions.

1. Has a mod ever banned themselves before?

2. Can a mod actually ban themselves?

Asking for a friend of a friend.
I haven't actually tested whether I can ban myself, but I'm pretty sure mods can ban themselves...then have to beg an admin to undo it for them.

Whether one has actually tried this I'm not sure. It seems feasible that one has at least temped tried to temp themselves out to test it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Few chants from Newcastle fans and nothing from WH fans. All is forgotten and forgiven. It was just a cat i guess....

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How much more is enough? Castration or death by fire squad?
Much more? He got small (for his standards) fine from the club, few "boos" by oppo fans and that is it. As i said; all this (including your comment) shows how our society works. "It was just one misguided kick"
How time flies, cnut even is becoming a victim.

Stacks

Few chants from Newcastle fans and nothing from WH fans. All is forgotten and forgiven. It was just a cat i guess....
what were you expecting?
An eye for an eye would do
Wouldn't mind him getting drop kicked. I actually think that should be an option. If you assault your pet or torture them then a person can come round and jump you in.
In a perfect world, but most would probably settle for prosecution, lifetime ban from owning animals and a suitable donation to animal charities.
2 of those have been done most likely. What type of sentence?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Reports coming through that West Ham complained to the ref at half time after Chris Wood repeatedly shouted "Meow" at Zouma.

peridigm

what were you expecting?

Wouldn't mind him getting drop kicked. I actually think that should be an option. If you assault your pet or torture them then a person can come round and jump you in.

Let him go a few rounds with a hungry cat. A much larger cat.

Jippy

Staff
That's for the courts to decide, but the law sadly doesn't take animal cruelty very seriously, so my expectations are low.
Puny fines don't hurt multimillionaire footballers, so at least get them doing some community work.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That's for the courts to decide, but the law sadly doesn't take animal cruelty very seriously, so my expectations are low.
Puny fines don't hurt multimillionaire footballers, so at least get them doing some community work.
I like the Scandinavian model where fines are assessed as a proportion of your income. A flat fee doesn't do much to deter, I agree.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I was hoping that at least sponsors will be pressured by people to punish (cancel deals) WH after disgusting WH reaction regarding all this. But i guess their sponsors are not that strong. Money talks at end, right?

Anyway, Zouma will not be punished by the law, FA said that it is not on them to punish him, WH will not punish him and public even more and more treats him like some kind of victim (as this thread shows too). Amazing stuff. feck this society where we live.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Reports coming through that West Ham complained to the ref at half time after Chris Wood repeatedly shouted "Meow" at Zouma.
I seen this online and I seriously hope it’s true. :lol:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Why? To many people, their pet is their child.

Perhaps explains your callous attitude to animal cruelty, you just don't understand.
There's one thing understanding a person's attachment, but there's another thing facing reality and facts. Just because people overly love their animals, that doesn't mean they should be given as much importance as a child.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's one thing understanding a person's attachment, but there's another thing facing reality and facts. Just because people overly love their animals, that doesn't mean they should be given as much importance as a child.
The amount of affection and love an individual gives to their pet is their reality and it isn't really your place to decide anything for them. If you're talking about children vs pets from a societal point of view of course I understand giving children far more importance but I don't personally agree with it.