Kurt Zouma / 180 hours community service + banned from keeping cats for 5 years

Red For Ever

Probably the wrong thread to say things in jest but my son is teenage & his attitude often ranks him below the cat lately. Part of me feels he’d enjoy living down the bottom of the garden.
[/QUOTE

My brother is married with kids
I think he would happily live at the bottom of the garden with his cat.

Lebo

My thoughts exactly. The same how WH is my most hated club in the world
Most hated club in the world where some teams are owned by Saudi regimes while teams some keep and protect players like Suarez(racism ) and Hazard(kicking the ball boy)? And then there is Italian teams that occasionally do racist chants and even throw a bananas at black players.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Its just common sense. The authoriities have investigated and taken the cats into custody where they were obviously examined.

If they were hurt, Zouma would have been in a lot more trouble.
I don't think that's necessarily true. The animal was taken off Zouma due to concerns about it's safety. Whether that abuse caused a serious injury or just bruising to the cat, it's still tantamount to the same offence of animal cruelty and the case remains ongoing. Not sure if people realise that cats, and many other animals, try and hide any pain they're in because they don't want to look vulnerable.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Most hated club in the world where some teams are owned by Saudi regimes while teams some keep and protect players like Suarez(racism ) and Hazard(kicking the ball boy)? And then there is Italian teams that occasionally do racist chants and even throw a bananas at black players.
Yes.

Btw; you do know that Saudi money is our club too?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Its just common sense. The authoriities have investigated and taken the cats into custody where they were obviously examined.

When you watch that video, you can see that Zouma exactly knew what he is doing. I am pretty sure that this wasn't a first time that cnut abused his cats.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

The fact the cat wasnt injured by the kick is just good luck for Zouma. Whether or not the cats are injured isnt the issue, the actions are. Your argument taken to a different place would be that domestic violence doesnt count if the woman isnt actually injured

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The fact the cat wasnt injured by the kick is just good luck for Zouma. Whether or not the cats are injured isnt the issue, the actions are. Your argument taken to a different place would be that domestic violence doesnt count if the woman isnt actually injured
Imagine saying for domestic violence :"It was just one slap. He feels worse than her because of that. Leave the guy alone. He suffered enough."

Lebo

Yes.

Btw; you do know that Saudi money is our club too?
that makes it even worse then. We support a club that gets some money from Saudi regime but want to take a moral high ground against a guy who kicked a cat?

Is kicking a ball boy any better than kicking a cat?

The Original

Not at all.

1. That's not the argument at all.

I responded to poster who said an eye for an eye.

The underlying philosophy of which is punishment by equivalent outcome.

By his own argument Zouma should not then be punished.

2. Even it were the argument

When applied to your fictional narrative, evidence of injury, including forensic evidence of previous injury goes a long way, not in establishing that a crime has occurred, but whether the act was particularly malicious, whether there is a pattern of abuse, and other such that will influence the severity of the punishment.

A first time abuser who hits his wife and a violent serial abuser are both guilty of the same offence but wont be getting the same sentence.

The argument is about how much Zouma should be punished, not whether he should be at all.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://news.sky.com/story/kurt-zou...-kicking-his-cat-sky-new-understands-12567728

Being prosecuted under the Animal Welfare Act according to Sky News. Still not had any form of suspension for West Ham, while his brother was suspended by Dagenham & Redbridge for four weeks.

In a statement, Dagenham & Redbridge said: "Whilst Yoan continues to fully co-operate with the RSPCA, as this matter has now progressed further, Dagenham & Redbridge FC feel it is no longer appropriate for either Yoan or the club to make any further statement.

"Dagenham & Redbridge FC maintain their position in that the club continues to condemn all animal cruelty."
"Since the allegation, and whilst investigations were taking place, Dagenham & Redbridge FC took the decision that Yoan should not play football for the club," the statement went on.

"Four weeks have now elapsed however since the incident, and the club feels that any further suspension from the team would be detrimental to both the club and Yoan.

"A decision has been made therefore for Yoan to be available to play.

"The club reserves the right to take further action if deemed necessary after conclusion of the court proceedings."

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Put him in a cage with a massive cat and throw away the key.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Put him in a cage with a massive cat and throw away the key.
We'll go old school.

Smeared from head to toe in all sorts of sticky jam and assorted food, and forced to run a 100metre gauntlet of some particularly hungry birds of prey

Redlyn

Some are even suggesting he should go to prison! I wouldn't support that even if it was a human let alone a cat. They can take away the pets tell him he can't have any and that's that.

Classical Mechanic

Some are even suggesting he should go to prison! I wouldn't support that even if it was a human let alone a cat. They can take away the pets tell him he can't have any and that's that.
It depends on the evidence. If someone filmed themselves kicking a child and then when the child was looked at by doctors they we’re able to deduce from injuries a history of physical abuse then I assume you’d be in favour of them getting sent to prison?

The evidence isn’t in the public domain so it’s impossible to know what kind of punishment they might face.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Laughable for anyone to suggest he should go to jail for this. I thought this shit was over by the way, i guess not.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What’s the crime there though? Am I missing something obvious?
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/45/section/4

Unnecessary suffering

(1)A person commits an offence if—
(a)an act of his, or a failure of his to act, causes an animal to suffer,
(b)he knew, or ought reasonably to have known, that the act, or failure to act, would have that effect or be likely to do so,
(c)the animal is a protected animal, and
(d)the suffering is unnecessary.
(2)A person commits an offence if—

(a)he is responsible for an animal,
(b)an act, or failure to act, of another person causes the animal to suffer,
(c)he permitted that to happen or failed to take such steps (whether by way of supervising the other person or otherwise) as were reasonable in all the circumstances to prevent that happening, and
(d)the suffering is unnecessary.
Quite clear. He could have stopped it from happening but instead he watched and filmed.