Kurt Zouma / 180 hours community service + banned from keeping cats for 5 years

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Laughable for anyone to suggest he should go to jail for this. I thought this shit was over by the way, i guess not.
Yeah, it is just a cat. Why bother with that, eh? Your comment is perfect example why sick people like Zouma abuse animals and think it is funny. Because nearly nobody cares.

AndySmith1990

Wouldn't care one iota if Zouma or anyone else went to prison for animal cruelty. Animals are so much easier to like than humans tbh

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Yeah, it is just a cat. Why bother with that, eh? Your comment is perfect example why sick people like Zouma abuse animals and think it is funny. Because nearly nobody cares.
Good thing I never said he didn't deserve any type of punishment right? Get out of your feelings. And by the way, i don't think animals lives are worth as much as that of humans in general, but that doesn't mean I condone Zouma's actions. But the type of sanctions some of you are asking for is straight up ridiculous compared to what he did.

Good thing we don't all live in your type of world.

CraftySoAndSo

Exactly, and ultimately nothing will change unless meaningful action is taken against people who do it. And just taking the cat away and a fine is going to do absolute bugger all.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Good thing I never said he didn't deserve any type of punishment right? Get out of your feelings. And by the way, i don't think animals lives are worth as much as that of humans in general, but that doesn't mean I condone Zouma's actions. But the type of sanctions some of you are asking for is straight up ridiculous compared to what he did.

Good thing we don't all live in your type of world.
"I thought this shit was over by the way, i guess not"
That sentence tells all about your opinion about it. It was on headlines barely one week and it is already too much for you.
Yeah, every normal person think it is not ok to abuse animals but "it is just minor cat kicking" at the end for most people.

hobbers

The right sort of sentence for this would be a looong period of unpaid work. Ideally with animals but that would obviously have to be closely supervised.

In the end he'll just get a token fine. I don't even think it'll count as a criminal record. Although obviously it should and he'd deserve that label.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
The right sort of sentence for this would be a looong period of unpaid work. Ideally with animals but that would obviously have to be closely supervised.

In the end he'll just get a token fine. I don't even think it'll count as a criminal record. Although obviously it should and he'd deserve that label.
I think he'll certainly be banned from keeping animals in the future and I'm sure it's classed as a criminal record on file if found guilt.

Hughes35

Suspended prison sentence, huge fine, lots of social work would be about right IMO.............. Although I'd love to see the guy rot

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
"I thought this shit was over by the way, i guess not"
That sentence tells all about your opinion about it. It was on headlines barely one week and it is already too much for you.
Yeah, every normal person think it is not ok to abuse animals but "it is just minor cat kicking" at the end for most people.
And rightfully so for what it was, also other more important issues occurred i guess.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
With all due respect and i'm going to tread very carefully here so i don't get a warning, you're having a mare here.
Like i said earlier, this place isn't an echo chamber. So if some of you are too sensitive to different opinions other than yours, that's your problem.

Fine him and move on. He's already known as an animal abuser
Exactly.

CraftySoAndSo

Like i said earlier, this place isn't an echo chamber. So if some of you are too sensitive to different opinions other than yours, that's your problem.

Exactly.
To be honest i don't really care what your opinion on animal rights are or weather he deserves jail time. But having a measly fine and having his cat taken away ain't gonna do jack and he's not going to care one iota about being labelled an animal abuser as long as he keeps playing and earning a ton of money. Look at John Terry, he was condemned as a racist and got a ban but got no heavy punishment and still carried on to have a fantastic career and hasn't kept him from getting work after football. Same thing will happen here, he'll keep earning his heft wage at West Ham and will keep playing and at some point people won't care enough to give him any stick.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
With all due respect and i'm going to tread very carefully here so i don't get a warning, you're having a mare here.
Some people simply don't understand how close we can get to our pets. To them, drop-kicking a cat around your kitchen is the equivalent of swatting an annoying fly hell-bent on pooping on your dinner.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Fine him what, 10k? Yeah, I'm sure shelling out what he earns in a day will teach him a valuable lesson. Would prison time be too much to ask?
Sure 10k seems fine, but I'm not pocket-watching a random athlete so I don't care the amount. And yes prison would be too much to ask. The cat didn't die.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
To be honest i don't really care what your opinion on animal rights are or weather he deserves jail time. But having a measly fine and having his cat taken away ain't gonna do jack and he's not going to care one iota about being labelled an animal abuser as long as he keeps playing and earning a ton of money. Look at John Terry, he was condemned as a racist and got a ban but got no heavy punishment and still carried on to have a fantastic career and hasn't kept him from getting work after football. Same thing will happen here, he'll keep earning his heft wage at West Ham and will keep playing and at some point people won't care enough to give him any stick.
So when someone commits a crime and are punished (whether you agree with the punishment or not), they shouldn't be allowed to work and continue making a leaving (or earning plenty of money) after complying to the punishment that was given? Yeah that's nonsense and it's not for you and i to decide based on personal feelings, you're free to not support them on a personal level of you wish to.

CraftySoAndSo

Some people simply don't understand how close we can get to our pets. To them, drop-kicking a cat around your kitchen is the equivalent of swatting an annoying fly hell-bent on pooping on your dinner.
Maybe they're from a culture that eat cats and see nothing wrong with it :rolleyes:. But i'm gonna stop responding to them because they make my blood boil, i've unfortunately met too many people who completely disregard animals as nothing more than to do with whatever we want with.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Laughable for anyone to suggest he should go to jail for this. I thought this shit was over by the way, i guess not.
What if for example they found out the cat had broken bones or damage to organs because of the violence? You don't think that would be worthy of prison time? Just a fine and some community service?

Also bare in mind killers and rapists usually start on smaller crimes. Murderers actually do start harming animals first before they progress. The Sarah Everard murderer/rapist started with flashing

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
What if for example they found out the cat had broken bones or damage to organs because of the violence? You don't think that would be worthy of prison time? Just a fine and some community service?

Also bare in mind killers and rapists usually start on smaller crimes. Murderers actually do start harming animals first before they progress. The Sarah Everard murderer/rapist started with flashing
1) That's not the case. And you also know damn well that in human on human violence were there's visible injuries, it doesn't often end in prison time, so it's not an automatic punishment and the same applies to cases like this.

2) And how many other murderers and rapists actually love animals (more than they love humans)?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
And that is it. All forgotten. I must say that i am very disappointed how this thing ended.
Month ago in Dubrovnik (some of you know it as King's landing :D ) one popular museum kicked out old cat who was sleeping in front of museum. Their reputation among people and tourists is shattered now. Their reviews went from 5 stars to 2 stars and people still spamming them with negative reviews every day. They even ended in news around a world because people didn't want to let it go.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
And that is it. All forgotten. I must say that i am very disappointed how this thing ended.
Month ago in Dubrovnik (some of you know it as King's landing :D ) one popular museum kicked out old cat who was sleeping in front of museum. Their reputation among people and tourists is shattered now. Their reviews went from 5 stars to 2 stars and people still spamming them with negative reviews every day. They even ended in news around a world because people didn't want to let it go.
Thats not exactly a good thing though based off one or two of their employees being a idiot.
Do not like that type of mob mentality and people make mistakes.

Brophs

The One and Only
If that cat had had anything about it it’d have squared up to Zouma, said “Oi, mush!” and sparked him out in front of his family and friends to prove a point.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I dont wanna say anything wrong but sometimes you just can't help feel a certain way about things. Sometimes everything you do is scrutinised just because of a factor that wasn't in your control.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
IMO, I see many people overreacting heavily about this issue.

Yes, the guy kicked and abused his cat and nobody tolerates animal abuse. Due to that he already got fined and was thrashed more than enough in media and by fans.
IMO he has already paid for his crimes. Has he learnt his lesson or not, that's up to him.

But I see some people think that's not enough and I am not sure why.