Kyle Walker signs for City

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
The best right back in the league. Signed from a direct rival. I'm delighted!

Raw

Hard not to decline over £50m. Spurs need to buy some players though, they've done feck all.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Money is football is mad but I've been telling people to expect this for years. Pogba was a steal and I always knew that even last season when people harped on about price.

As for walker he's alright but not world class. Think Valencia is the better player but walker will certainly improve them.

SNes

Most expensive English player ever, Most expensive defender ever, 9th most expensive player ever, Kyle Walker ffs

johnamiri

Supports
Liverpool
The world has now officially gone mad 50 million for Kyle Walker. Levy must be laughing his socks off. Got Trippier for sod all and gets 50 million for Walker.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Most expensive English player ever, Most expensive defender ever, 9th most expensive player ever, Kyle Walker ffs
Surely if he went for £45 mil then he's not even the most expensive English defender at City?

stubie

That price would have brought you Zidane in 2001

I hate modern day football prices for average/good players

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Bayern evaluated him in April and were willing to offer €18M. Would say that´s on the low-end, but still...

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I genuinely think Levy deserves his own statue outside of New White Hart Lane. 45 million for Walker when they have Trippier, who is nearly as good. Simply amazing business.
Statues are generally reserved for people who actually help their club to win things, thank feck. Football's money-obsessed enough as it is, the day they start honouring people for profit margins is the day I will stop watching altogether.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'd rate Bellerin and Valencia above him, but a good player nonetheless. Going to be a good signing for city i think. He'll spend a lot of time covering for the abomination that is John Stones.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'd rate Bellerin and Valencia above him, but a good player nonetheless. Going to be a good signing for city i think. He'll spend a lot of time covering for the abomination that is John Stones.
No way

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Statues are generally reserved for people who actually help their club to win things, thank feck. Football's money-obsessed enough as it is, the day they start honouring people for profit margins is the day I will stop watching altogether.
You could argue that levy's astute financial management has what laid the platform for them to move into a new stadium and eventually compete for trophies. I think that's quite a worthy achievement.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
That price would have brought you Zidane in 2001

I hate modern day football prices for average/good players
Yeah football prices are getting ridiculous.

Regulators might have to introduce transfer caps or something. I'm not against clubs signing players, but it just seems transfers fees just keep increasing

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
You could argue that levy's astute financial management has what laid the platform for them to move into a new stadium and eventually compete for trophies. I think that's quite a worthy achievement.
He´s great. No doubt about it.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
People are forgetting the shambolic full backs we've been enduring the last couple of years. Sagna, Kolarov, Clichy and even Zabaleta are all well past their primes. Signing top quality full backs will improve our team drastically. Absolutely worth every penny.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You could argue that but you'd be wrong. Hence nobody is building trophies for anyone at West Ham for getting them a much cheaper move to a similarly sized stadium. Or any of the Arsenal board for getting them out of Highbury and into the Emirates.

The only person at Tottenham who might one day deserve a statue is Pocchetino. Assuming they finally end up winning something.

notcool

Supports
a
Trippier is at least twice as good. And it's bad business from City to give £50m to a title rival. Spurs will surely invest all of that back in the squad and come back even stronger this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.