g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Thoughts on the murmurs of him possibility affecting the vibes in the squad?
I don't know him as a person, but i reckon he will get along fine enough, but, we all know he will be the highest paid player at the club by far(even if it doesn't show, bonuses etc), i'm not sure how that goes down with the rest of the squad of serial-winners in UCL, when Mbappe arrives empty-handed on that front.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
We should change our minds at the last second and tell him we don't want him afterall
Not signing him would be contrary to all the excesses we love so much and rejecting him would be contrary to our magnanimity.
We will have hours and hours to analyse whether it is a mistake or not. I hope he at least makes a video on his knees begging for mercy.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
We should change our minds at the last second and tell him we don't want him afterall
True, i don't know where he goes if not RM though, probably stays.

There are some other options, but they don't seem to "fit", City? Pep has his robotic football-system, Mbappe with his lack of workrate disrupts that, United and Liverpool are not in great shape.

Lyng

Imagine we sign him, I'd absolutely lose my mind. When was the last time we signed the best player in the world?
We won't, but I hope we sign Rodrygo if he becomes available once Mbappe arrives in Madrid. Don't see them selling Vini.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I wonder if they’ll tolerate his sulking at Madrid. Suppose if he scores like Ronaldo they won’t give a damn (and fair enough)

Bwuk

Mbappe
Rashford - Mount - Antony
Casemiro - Amrabat
Shaw - Lindelof - Maguire - AWB
Onana​

Sniper007

Mbappe
Casemiro - Amrabat
Onana​
As soon as you put Mbappe in there, it actually dawns upon you how horrific the rest of our team is. Mbappe amongst that lot looks so out of place.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Hopefully he doesn’t disrupt Vinicius but Mbappe will soon rather than later become their best player as he’s a level above anybody at Madrid.
There's not a single player I'd disrupt Vinicius' game for, personally. Mbappe isn't a level above him at being a 2-way winger or someone who incessantly feeds others in the team. As a pure forward, yeah, Mbappe gets the nod, and he is the better player at that. But Madrid don't play that way, and Mbappe would not be better in Vinicius' role of being a relentless pressing, tracking, tackling and transitional nightmare.

Vinicius runs himself into the ground every game, and is a monstrous big game player who gives the opposition little time to breathe, whilst giving his own side plenty of rest bite by running for them. Compared to that, Mbappe is a casual stroller who comes alive in moments, but he will never bust a gut putting every sinew into the collective cause and that immediately disrupts the harmony and synergy with which Madrid continue to be what they are in these latter stage games.

Any other club in the world, I'd let Mbappe be Mbappe and have the team cater to his game, but at Madrid, unless the guy goes back to the days of doing his thing on the right, I wouldn't be looking to bring him in and threaten the developing synergy this new group of players are creating amongst themselves.

mu4c_20le

He's not replacing Vini, he's filling a Benzema sized hole. They will adapt their tactics and make it work. They're doing well now but imo it's Carlo working his magic with what he's got, rather than this system being the best for them.

Dazzmondo

Yes, I'm sure in our current financial situation and needing an entirely new back 4 and dm, signing Mbappe would be completely logical and realistic. Why would he want to join Real, winning numerous leagues and CLs, when he could join us in our squalor :)

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I won't believe it until he's presented at another club. Last ditch effort by Sarkozy and the Qatari's could come in any minute.
Yeah, nothing this fecker this doesn't mean anything. Nothing prevents him to do another video stating he has changed his mind or some bs like that.

KeanoMagicHat

Its gonna really bother me when that is talked about as some legendary individual game in 15 years time, he was an absolute ghost for 80 minutes. Fair play for sticking the pens though, especially to then stick one in the shootout after already taking two. That took a lot of balls.
Agreed he wasn't great for most of the match (I think he showed signs of life before that, maybe first 65-70 minutes he was poor). But he was absolutely electric for the last 10 minutes of that game and extra time. His second goal was a brilliant strike and it's the equaliser, if that is the winner then it's remembered for many years. He won the second penalty with his shot as well. The end definitely outweighed the bad start to the game.

BorisManUtd

He's only 25 despite being around for almost a decade.

So how will Madrid line up with him in team? Continue with diamond - Bellingham behind Vinicius and Mbappe or switch to 4-3-3 where Vinicius-Mbappe-Rodrygo make the attack. Either way it's a brilliant attack and team in general. Not winning CL with PSG for all these years surely only made Mbappe desperate for that trophy and Madrid should be the club that guarantees winning it.

Dannn411

He's not replacing Vini, he's filling a Benzema sized hole. They will adapt their tactics and make it work. They're doing well now but imo it's Carlo working his magic with what he's got, rather than this system being the best for them.
But he's nothing like Benzema. He makes his living facing the goal than backing it. Benzema was a supreme hold up and build up player. Mbappe just isn't. So i'd be shocked if they played him central rather than wide left or right.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Mbappe
Casemiro - Amrabat
Onana​
Reminds me of national teams where they have that one world class player and the others you never heard of. (Lewandowski for Poland, Haaland for Norway)

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He's only 25 despite being around for almost a decade.

So how will Madrid line up with him in team? Continue with diamond - Bellingham behind Vinicius and Mbappe or switch to 4-3-3 where Vinicius-Mbappe-Rodrygo make the attack. Either way it's a brilliant attack and team in general. Not winning CL with PSG for all these years surely only made Mbappe desperate for that trophy and Madrid should be the club that guarantees winning it.
I think right now for the 6/7 midfield and attacking positions there are two levels.
The untouchables, who are not going to be on the bench: Mbappe, Vini, Bellingham, Valverde.
A second level of players who can be fundamental at certain times, replace the first line due to injuries but who can be benched without drama (inconsistency, hierarchy, age): Camavinga, Tchouameni, Kroos, Guler, "new signing", Alaba, Brahim.
I imagine that the role of one or the other may vary depending on the choices. Tchouameni as a centre-back, Camavinga as a false full-back, Bellingham to the middle etc.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Endrick is coming to Madrid as well wich means that someone of Vinicius or Rodrygo would be sold. There are already rumours that Pep Guardiola is a big admirer of Rodrygo and would love to sign him for City..

Bwuk

Endrick is coming to Madrid as well wich means that someone of Vinicius or Rodrygo would be sold. There are already rumours that Pep Guardiola is a big admirer of Rodrygo and would love to sign him for City..
If Rodrygo is available I think pretty much every club in world football would want him.

Rojofiam

I still don't think he'll play #9 at Madrid as why would he be content with that when he was unhappy about playing in that position in Paris?

Both him and Vini are objectively at their best on the left.

I think it will cause unnecessary issues unless the Brazilian leaves.

They should be after a real #9 and probably a new manager, if they want to be the best team in the world. However that would still probably not be enough to be better than Pep's City, so I get it, and they can afford to be patient. By this time next year, they'll have probably added Mbappé, Yoro, Davies and possibly Alonso takes over from Ancelotti. That will then have them up there, and until then they'll take their chances again next year, as Barcelona and Atletico aren't that great, and they're always capable of beating City in the CL over two legs with that pragmatic approach and the craziest chance conversion rates, like they've been doing for the last 3 years in the competition.

Last edited: