Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Qatar being embarrassed because they thought they could own anyone with money.

*chef's kiss*
They're not footballing people, they're business men and money is the only language they understand.

They have tried to assemble a team of stars as if it's Champ Manager and it's failed. They've hired the best managers and poached the best players yet can't make it work.

feck them

JB7

Because you don't win Champions Leagues singlehandedly. Does this really need to be explained to you?
No shit Batman. But to be described as “dominant”, you need to win things. I’d have thought such a “dominant” player would be winning the Ballon d’Or every year.

He could well become “dominant”, but at this moment in time, he isn’t.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
On the flip side I wonder how much the Saudies can fk Mbappe over. Say he goes on a free or even forces move to Madrid. Will they never invite Real to play in Saudi? Will they never sign Mbappe when he's done at Real? They dont seem to be people that you should fk with when they have 600 billion dollars
This is just phase 1 of the Saudi plan.

If they can actually sign someone like Mbappé this window, it will be an unexpected (and huge) bonus. Not something they count on (they probably aren't idiots, sadly).

No, actually signing Class A stars is still some way down the road. But, sure, it will happen. They haven't started this thing for shits and giggles.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
There is no case. Mbappé could simply state that he regretted the extension after a few weeks and in the spirit of french and Europeans laws regarding professional freedom no judge would grant you a thing.
Professional freedom doesn't allow you to negociate a contract in bad faith if PSG manages to prove that point. And obviously no judge will grant anything because it'll never be litigated, unless PSG is trying to avoid payments of secondary bonuses like a loyalty bonus.

But I'll take your insights into account in the contract law cases I handle on a daily basis at my law firm.

chamartin

People really thought that Madrid would start the season with only JOSELU? It's been done since 22 June according to PSG Community. Madrid is willing to pay over 200M. New Bernabeu is being built for a reason.

Jacob

Kylian just comes across as a massive a-hole. PSG have only themselves to blame.

Kaos

Mbappe and Qatar - they completely deserve each other. I'll be honest I find it hilarious how all of this has unfolded.

I'll stop laughing though if it ends with City fielding an attack of Haaland and Mbappe :nervous:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
They have tried to assemble a team of stars as if it's Champ Manager and it's failed. They've hired the best managers and poached the best players yet can't make it work.
PSG never poached the best players, the poached some of the best attackers, which is obviously totally insufficient to make a team work properly. The rest of the team is bang average for a club who aims at winning the champion's league, especially the midfield.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Professional freedom doesn't allow you to negociate a contract in bad faith if PSG manages to prove that point. And obviously no judge will grant anything because it'll never be litigated, unless PSG is trying to avoid payments of secondary bonuses like a loyalty bonus.

But I'll take your insights into account in the contract law cases I handle on a daily basis at my law firm.
You have to demonstrate bad faith which you won't. But pretend that you are the only having a clue about topic.

mu4c_20le

PSG never poached the best players, the poached some of the best attackers, which is obviously totally insufficient to make a team work properly. The rest of the team is bang average for a club who aims at winning the champion's league, especially the midfield.
To be fair you guys paid a record fee for Marquinhos back then, and another big fee for Thiago Silva. You somehow made Veratti stay there for life.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo's prime and talent is exaggerated to no end by his fans. He was a great footballer but to say that Mbappe isn't atleast as good a footballer is not true.

In terms of attributes: Mbappe is more explosive, a better dribbler and passer. Ronaldo was a better goalscorer, better at freekicks, better at longshots and much better in the air.

Interms of performances, Mbappe has done much better individually for France than Ronaldo ever did for Portugal. Although Ronaldo played in an Inferior team.

At club level, comparisons are more difficult. Mbappe plays in an Inferior league for by far its best club (that is run very poorly and has a eelatively poor mid and defence). Ronaldo played in one of the 2 best teams in one of the best leagues and had a better team (midfield and defence) behind him. Mbappe has given some great performances against big teams in the ucl (Barcelona, Bayern) to suggest he can.

All in all, Mbappe may never have the club career that Ronaldo had but he isn't an Inferior footballer to Ronaldo at any age. Ronaldo's greatness is about his numbers, success, longevity more than anything else he did on the pitch.
Apart from international football, where Mbappe is clearly better (due to playing for best international side), the rest you described there are not exactly true.

Regardless of goals, we can compare the rest of their performance stats at around same age:

Mbappe at age 24:
Games: 34 (L1) 8 (CL)
Avg rating: 7.80 (L1) 7.60 (CL)
Dribbling: 2.2 (L1) 2.1 (CL)
Key pass: 1.6 (L1) 1 (CL)
Motm: 7 (L1) 3 (CL)

Ronaldo at age 24:
Games: 29 (LL) 6 (CL)
Avg rating: 8.54 (LL) 8.57 (CL)
Dribbling: 3.1 (LL) 2.3 (CL)
Key pass: 2.6 (LL) 1.5 (CL)
Motm: 13 (LL) 4 (CL)

Every performance stats indicate Ronaldo was far better at age 24.

kaku06

Vulgarian

Qatar being embarrassed because they thought they could own anyone with money.

*chef's kiss*
“Your letter and its global impact”
“Spirits of our discussions”
“Aggravating the damage”
“PSG investments in the world of football”
“Lasting paralysis of the club”

:lol::lol::lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
To be fair you guys paid a record fee for Marquinhos back then, and another big fee for Thiago Silva. You somehow made Veratti stay there for life.
PSG spent a lot of money for sure, but didn't recruit a team of stars. They just did a terrible job a spending their money, especially since 2014 or so. Outside of attackers, they just spent hundreds of millions on average players.

I mean look at the team that faced Bayern in the CL finals, who can seriously claim that it's a "team of stars"? And the bench is ridiculous. It's just a team built terribly with top attackers (well it won't even be the case next season) and an army of overpriced bang average players. And 2020 is an example, not an exception, it's been this way for a decade. The list of our transfers in the midfield (which is supposed to be pretty important in this game called football) is absolutely ridiculous.

mshnsh

:lol: You’re objectively wrong, Mbappe as of now is nowhere near the levels Ronaldo reached. I’m not engaging this anymore it’s just comical that you’ve made one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever seen on this forum, which in itself is impressive, and are doubling down on it.
Ok.

Why is it lies? he was scoring 50-60 a season in Spain against arguably the best club side ever in Barce and a very good Ath Madrid side. La Liga was a very strong league he would without doubt be doing unthinkable numbers in France.

In all honesty Mbappe must be one of the laziest attacking players in Europe and half the clubs in the PL would love playing against him
If your barometer is goals than surely you consider Haaland a better footballer because he scored 36 in the Premier league/52 overall (which obliterates Ronaldo's 31/41)?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm enjoying this whole thing in a way. Between the tweets and especially letter now as well this reads like a bad breakup following a steamy romance. One seemingly already moved on with the new fling, the other is thinking it's not over yet and tries to say it's not me, it's you. Hopefully Messi writes a tell all book sometime.

mshnsh

Cristiano Ronaldo had won the Balon d'Or by 24. Seems a bit more important.
And Mbappe had won a world cup at 19. He also scored a hattrick at a world cup final whereas Ronaldo has a grand total of 0 goals and assists in the knock outs of the competition. Mbappe plays for a stronger team at international level, Ronaldo did so at club level both at Man Utd and Real Madrid.

Look, I don't dispute that Ronaldo is one of the greatest ever footballers. But, my argument is simple; fans of his tend to totally exaggerate his allround play as if it was at a level never seen or very few will reach/reached. You'll always see videos being thrown around to back up the claim of how good a dribbler he was, how good a playmaker he was, etc.

It is not an exaggeration to say that Mbappe is atleast as good as Cristiano at his peak and I'd argue that the likes of Neymar, Ronaldinho, R9, Iniesta are/were better footballers outside of scoring goals. What makes Ronaldo great is his goalscoring and longevity. At everything else, there are/were others better.

Castia

Ok.

If your barometer is goals than surely you consider Haaland a better footballer because he scored 36 in the Premier league/52 overall (which obliterates Ronaldo's 31/41)?
Ronaldo wasn’t even a striker whilst scoring those goals in the PL it’s nothing alike

No one will ever take Mbappe‘ World Cup win away but his club career for me is pointless, he’s scoring less in France playing against shite than Ronaldo was playing in one of the strongest leagues in Europe (at the time)

Were talking about Ronaldo who is spoken about as a true legend of the game and arguably the goat and all Mbappe fans have is that he won the world cup :lol: so did Giroud by the way, France’s all time top scorer is he better than Ronaldo as well??

Mbappe better than Ronaldo….I’ve seen some opinions on this site but feck me.

Lee565

He won't leave, psg will buckle and he will leave for free next summer, can you imagine criticism psg owners will get for trying to freeze out france golden boy by French people and politicians, especially when a big international tournament is next summer and they will need mbappe sharp

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And Mbappe had won a world cup at 19. He also scored a hattrick at a world cup final whereas Ronaldo has a grand total of 0 goals and assists in the knock outs of the competition. Mbappe plays for a stronger team at international level, Ronaldo did so at club level both at Man Utd and Real Madrid.

Look, I don't dispute that Ronaldo is one of the greatest ever footballers. But, my argument is simple; fans of his tend to totally exaggerate his allround play as if it was at a level never seen or very few will reach/reached. You'll always see videos being thrown around to back up the claim of how good a dribbler he was, how good a playmaker he was, etc.

It is not an exaggeration to say that Mbappe is atleast as good as Cristiano at his peak and I'd argue that the likes of Neymar, Ronaldinho, R9, Iniesta are/were better footballers outside of scoring goals. What makes Ronaldo great is his goalscoring and longevity. At everything else, there are/were others better.
It's definitely an exaggeration.

Ladron de redcafe

Do they think they could force him on the plane or something? Ultimately, players of his quality decide where they want to go.
Chuckled at the first sentence because you're right. It’s as if they believe that, judging by the deluge of reports linking him to every club, on every continent, without taking into account his preferences.

Ladron de redcafe

No shit Batman. But to be described as “dominant”, you need to win things. I’d have thought such a “dominant” player would be winning the Ballon d’Or every year.

He could well become “dominant”, but at this moment in time, he isn’t.
Why on earth would Batman be used in this context? :lol: To be a dominant player, you have to put on dominant performances. Which he has.

Repeating yourself isn't going to make your fallacious reasoning any less wide of the mark. As others have tried to explain, you don't win trophies single handedly. That doesn't mean he hasn't excelled at domestic level, which is what you've implied.

Theonas

Scout
Vinicius would be thrilled to see him in Madrid, because then he'll need to leave his best position and play on the right. Also Real would need to invest 400-500 million for Mbappe's first contract and that would limit them on future transfers and they still have only Joselu as their main 9. Last but not least, the best players don't always make the best team. No one knows this better than Madrid during their Galactico time. Who knows how Vinicius will perform on the right, if Mbappe starts to get all the balls and attention on the field.
Sure, he will make his goals, but there are quite a few variables behind this potential transfer.
I really think the Vinicius thing is a bit exaggerated. Wasn't it the same question about Bale when he moved there? He'd always played on the left which was occupied by Ronaldo at the time but they did find a way. Bale adapted and they formed a formidable front line. The Galacticos did not work because they were very unbalanced. The team just didn't compliment each other, I don't think you can say that about the current team. If they fail, it will be for lack of quality and not necessarily balance IMO.

Ladron de redcafe

Mbappe and Qatar - they completely deserve each other. I'll be honest I find it hilarious how all of this has unfolded.

I'll stop laughing though if it ends with City fielding an attack of Haaland and Mbappe :nervous:
I doubt either Haaland or Mbappe want to be playing in the same team. Players at that level are competitive and I'm sure each thinks he is the better player and would love a chance to prove it. I could be giving them too much credit but I don't think there's a tendency in football to do what the basketball stars have done, and team up.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I doubt either Haaland or Mbappe want to be playing in the same team. Players at that level are competitive and I'm sure each thinks he is the better player and would love a chance to prove it. I could be giving them too much credit but I don't think there's a tendency in football to do what the basketball stars have done, and team up.
I haven't seen much of anything to suggest though Haaland is that kinda person and is very much a team player. He seems to have very little interest in being a Hollywood like poster boy but perhaps I don't pay enough attention to make someone believe the opposite.

TheLord

I don’t think Pep will risk the dressing room mayhem with Mbappe in the team. They're already the best in the world - the focus will be to solidify other positions - and without any chaos.

cafecillos

No one dislikes Ronaldo as much as me, but peak Ronaldo was a much better player than Mbappé has been so far, I don't think it's even debatable. Mbappé will be lucky if he's career ends up being reasonably comparable to Ronaldo's.

wr8_utd

:'(
I really think the Vinicius thing is a bit exaggerated. Wasn't it the same question about Bale when he moved there? He'd always played on the left which was occupied by Ronaldo at the time but they did find a way. Bale adapted and they formed a formidable front line. The Galacticos did not work because they were very unbalanced. The team just didn't compliment each other, I don't think you can say that about the current team. If they fail, it will be for lack of quality and not necessarily balance IMO.
Bale, I'm fairly sure, had played on the right wing for Spurs already and he was actually better there given the inverted wingers stuff we see. Vini would be cutting onto his weaker left foot if he's played on the left. It's really not a valid comparison and Vini would be significantly poorer on the right wing if he's moved there. Mbappe might not like playing striker but that's what he's going to have to do if he moved to Madrid.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He is like Martial but scores goals and he assists.

Mbappé is a phenomenal player when his team has the ball but he's lazy as feck when it doesn't. Another coach in another club might make him evolve but it was a big problem at PSG espcially with Messi on top of that. Ridiculously low workrate.

JB7

Why on earth would Batman be used in this context? :lol: To be a dominant player, you have to put on dominant performances. Which he has.

Repeating yourself isn't going to make your fallacious reasoning any less wide of the mark. As others have tried to explain, you don't win trophies single handedly. That doesn't mean he hasn't excelled at domestic level, which is what you've implied.
I didn’t say he hadn’t excelled at domestic level. I said the domestic level he’s played at is second rate and there will be reasonable questions until he does it in a proper league, or if he does help take a team from elsewhere to the very top level on the European stage. You’d expect a “dominant” player to win accolades he hasn’t won. When he does, fine. Until then, you can keep repeating your nonsensical reasoning, but he isn’t a “dominant” player. That said, you think he’s better than peak Ronaldo, so that probably tells me all I need to know doesn’t it.

No shit Batman is a pretty common saying. Would you have preferred “no shit Sherlock”?

Ladron de redcafe

I didn’t say he hadn’t excelled at domestic level. I said the domestic level he’s played at is second rate and there will be reasonable questions until he does it in a proper league, or if he does help take a team from elsewhere to the very top level on the European stage. You’d expect a “dominant” player to win accolades he hasn’t won. When he does, fine. Until then, you can keep repeating your nonsensical reasoning, but he isn’t a “dominant” player. That said, you think he’s better than peak Ronaldo, so that probably tells me all I need to know doesn’t it.

No shit Batman is a pretty common saying. Would you have preferred “no shit Sherlock”?
Repeating yourself like a parrot isn't going to make your point any less inane. You don't win prizes individually. And he's certainly played well individually. You seem hung up on a word. The entire point was that has excelled both domestically and international, something the guy you keep bringing up hasn't done.

"No shit batman" isn't a common saying among adults I've encountered, but then again judging by your posts, you're a different case than most adults.

Ladron de redcafe

I haven't seen much of anything to suggest though Haaland is that kinda person and is very much a team player. He seems to have very little interest in being a Hollywood like poster boy but perhaps I don't pay enough attention to make someone believe the opposite.
I agree with that. I didn't mean it in terms of him being a selfish player, just that he would be competitive. I see your point about him not necessarily caring about the glamor, though.

Pickle85

It absolutely is an exaggeration to say this.