Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStar

This is a very interesting situation for PSG. After all the media attention of signing Messi, they are now faced with the situation of losing the present and future WC star, relegating them back to second tier football club.

You have to admire Madrid in how ruthless they are in these things.
They might be knee deep in debt, but can't deny they have style. And they always seem to win things. Must be nice when one of the best talents is fine with losing money to come to your club.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Congrats on the signing. Next gen galactico.
Thanks! Although not confirmed yet...
You’re spending 180m on a transfer fee that could be free in 12 months. It doesn’t matter what you have saved, you’re obviously not the pauper he painted you to be 4 months ago. It’s gratuitous.
It is true that we are overpaying. I suppose it has to do with being PSG and issues of respect between Florentino and Qatar.
In any case, it is assumed that he will not renew and it may not happen. He
is expensive but the time to take the player is now, he is young and will almost certainly work from day one.
Little less was paid by Hazard + Jovic, so perhaps they consider that it deserves an effort. And the fact of being a dick contest with PSG, getting his national young star and spoiling the trident.

DomM

180m for a player who has less than 12 months left on his contract, football has officially lost the plot, especially for a player who states he wants to join Madrid. Just wait 12 months and get him for free, and they could pair him with Haaland for less than what they will be paying now.

mosmartindb9

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid has lowered debt from 250M to 50M in the past two years. They are saving for Mbappe for 4 years. They didn’t wait to get him free on a year as that never goes as planned. Add 5-10M more yearly net salary if he came free and that is 60-120M more in a 6 year contract. Add a sign on bonus and you reach or exceed the amount they paid now. Not to mention disrupting the wage structure. They can easily get 50 M more in revenue for one year off Mbappe. Hats off, Florentino is an astute businessmen.

jamesjimmybyrondean

They'd need a top striker or right winger to replace him. There's none available right now asides Ronaldo who they don't want. I think they'd be twitching to spend that money on Pogba

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
That’s a tiny amount of money for Qatar to accept. I think Monaco get a huge chunk of it. €25-40m rumoured. Should have kept him and let him go for free.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Next targets (2022): Haaland and Pogba on free Ts.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I calculate that with the sales of shirts of the first week the transfer will pay for itself, in addition to the 400 million that his presence will bring each season
Hihihi

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That’s a tiny amount of money for Qatar to accept. I think Monaco get a huge chunk of it. €25-40m rumoured. Should have kept him and let him go for free.
I think it's 35m, but you're also freeing up wages to go after someone else. The big question is who?
Whatd he say? Things change with Mbappe leaving...
Nasser Al Khelaifi to BeIN Sports: “Signing Cristiano Ronaldo is NOT even a discussion”. This was tweeted after the Mbappe deal was struck.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Re. point 3 - you don't save money to then go ahead and spend it like crazy. With those savings, they can get Mbappe and Haaland next year. 200M for a player who is on the last year of his contract, and who is set on joining Madrid seems bonkers to me.
That's my point. The 160 million offer (now 180) is more like a "compensation fee" to save face before PSG. Perez knows he needs to have good relations with the Qataris because of other business foreign to football... Had he waited next year for the free tansfer things would be much worst.

Nonetheless, prestige is what has brought MBappé to Madrid. A very powerful tool.

LoneStar

I calculate that with the sales of shirts of the first week the transfer will pay for itself, in addition to the 400 million that his presence will bring each season
Hihihi
170M, wow. Congrats on the Mbappe though! Perez is an absolute gigachad.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Real Madrid has lowered debt from 250M to 50M in the past two years. They are saving for Mbappe for 4 years. They didn’t wait to get him free on a year as that never goes as planned. Add 5-10M more yearly net salary if he came free and that is 60-120M more in a 6 year contract. Add a sign on bonus and you reach or exceed the amount they paid now. Not to mention disrupting the wage structure. They can easily get 50 M more in revenue for one year off Mbappe. Hats off, Florentino is an astute businessmen.
That does not make sense whatsoever. There is no way you reach or exceed the amount being paid now.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
This is terrible maths to find an excuse for Perez, Mbappé wanted Real and Real only, he wouldn't have asked 10 extra millions per year to play there, it was the only club he was considering and obviously doesn't care that much about money since PSG's offer was already very high and probably higher than Madrid's.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That math doesn't make sense, at most an extra 10m on a 6 year salary will be 60m, even with a signing bonus (which, spoiler alert, is still going to be massive now along with his wages), you're still paying more than what they're paying now with the fee plus his huge salary.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I have now found a reason to get ESPN+, Disney must be happy Mbappe signed for Madrid.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I think people are underestimating what it would mean for the 2nd most expensive transfer in football to leave on a free at age 23 (without the transfer itself having been a flop). It would be game-changing and is probably not something that the top clubs actually want to see. Players are assets to clubs, after all.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think people are underestimating what it would mean for the 2nd most expensive transfer in football to leave on a free at age 23 (without the transfer itself having been a flop). It would be game-changing and is probably not something that the top clubs actually want to see. Players are assets to clubs, after all.
How do you feel as a Madrid fan spending €180m when you can get him for free next year?

Polar

Next targets (2022): Haaland and Pogba on free Ts.
Good for us if they buy Mbappe. Surprised if they also can afford Haaland. Think it’s one competitor down in the competition for Haaland.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
French journalists say PSG has not replied to Real's offer yet :

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Good for us if they buy Mbappe. Surprised if they also can afford Haaland. Think it’s one competitor down in the competition for Haaland.
Yeah but we gained one in City since they didn’t sign Kane.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
That math doesn't make sense, at most an extra 10m on a 6 year salary will be 60m, even with a signing bonus (which, spoiler alert, is still going to be massive now along with his wages), you're still paying more than what they're paying now with the fee plus his huge salary.
50% of wages goes to tax. +5-10M net wages over 6 years would cost +60-120M more.

The bonus would be much bigger as well.

There's also the issue of leaving him with crazy PSG ultras and Nasser vs. having him on our side one year earlier, and attract even more star players in the next year (Haaland etc.)

In the end it will cost more for sure, but it wouldn't be 180M more, rather something like 80M more, which is fine, all things considered.

Last edited:

mosmartindb9

Supports
Real Madrid
10M Net per year is 20M per year with tax. For 6 years that is 120 M. Financialy, even if he came on a free, Florentino will save maximum 50M. An amount he can easily recoup for one extra year of Mbappe and still keep a good relation with PSG. I believe Mbappe renounced a boatload of money by coming now.

Real Name

So Perez pushed the Super league story cause they're in financial trouble and now they're spending 150 million on Mbappe.
Can someone explain this to me.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
So Perez pushed the Super league story cause they're in financial trouble and now they're spending 150 million on Mbappe.
Can someone explain this to me.
He lied? Wow.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
10M Net per year is 20M per year with tax. For 6 years that is 120 M. Financialy, even if he came on a free, Florentino will save maximum 50M. An amount he can easily recoup for one extra year of Mbappe and still keep a good relation with PSG. I believe Mbappe renounced a boatload of money by coming now.
So Mbappé would have gotten 10 extra millions after tax had he signed on a free? Come on guys, as i explained, Real wouldn't have any reason to do that since the whole world knows for years Mbappé didn't want to play for another club.

Bosws87

Need a lot more then Mbappe for Madrid to be relevant, seems a totally stupid signing considering the state of their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.